PDA

View Full Version : looking for a highly detailled sr20det swap

silviaz
11-19-2008, 09:48 AM
I'm trying to find the BEST how to on the internet to swap a redtop into my manual 240sx ka24de. I know how to pull off the engnie, but I have to learn how to install a stock sidemount, wiring, etc..

I tried http://zilvia.net/f/search.php but as you know, sr20det, swap, ka24de how to, are humm really common......

zaquanh
11-19-2008, 10:18 AM
theres alot of them and also dvds ill see if i have one

side mount is like a piping puzzle juss put on the ones that fit

allntrlundrgrnd
11-19-2008, 10:24 AM
you fail miserably at searching

SR20DET Swap Engine Harness Wiring Diagram Guide SR SR20 (http://www.frsport.com/sr20det-swap-engine-harness-wiring-guide-sr20-p-665.html)

slider2828
11-19-2008, 10:26 AM
Its not rocket science.... Its pretty much replace parts.... The wiring is probably the hardest part... Oh and for the side mount, just cut holes on the correct side...

duffman1278
11-19-2008, 10:31 AM
Seriously there's at least 2 DVD's I can think of so far that detail the swap. Its pretty simple (besides wiring.) Pull old motor out, put new motor in. Plug in harness and all other electrical components. Install other mechanical devices after putting the engine in the car. Than try and start it up.

s13_maJiK
11-19-2008, 10:39 AM
^^^Drifting.com has the for sale!!! I bought the SR one, and sidemount FTL just do yourself a favor and get a front right away while the engine is out

silviaz
11-19-2008, 11:35 AM
^^^Drifting.com has the for sale!!! I bought the SR one, and sidemount FTL just do yourself a favor and get a front right away while the engine is out

I just need to run the car. I can't really afford a front mount right now and u probably know why with that crisis.... for 7psi, I think the stock sidemount for 50 buck will do the job for at least, 2 summer.

thx for the help.

silviaz
11-19-2008, 11:37 AM
you fail miserably at searching

SR20DET Swap Engine Harness Wiring Diagram Guide SR SR20 (http://www.frsport.com/sr20det-swap-engine-harness-wiring-guide-sr20-p-665.html)

Thx for the wiring. I fail.

Mr.s13r
11-19-2008, 12:39 PM
Heavy Throttle (http://srownersclub.com/faq/index.asp)

Hope that helps man, i followed that when i did mine. Finished like a week ago

silviaz
11-19-2008, 03:46 PM
Heavy Throttle (http://srownersclub.com/faq/index.asp)

Hope that helps man, i followed that when i did mine. Finished like a week ago

thanks alot !

did you had difficulties somewhere during the swap or it started right away ?

allntrlundrgrnd
11-19-2008, 03:55 PM
your always gonna run into little problems here and there, and hopefully no major ones.

i was fortunate enough to have mine start first try and run pretty much perfectly

Mr.s13r
11-19-2008, 06:44 PM
yea all i got was timing issue but that's it. Also i had to do more since i have a j4 ecu with redtop harnesss.

zugoi
11-19-2008, 06:57 PM
Wow. rewiring the harness was alot easier then i thought.

silviaz
11-19-2008, 09:58 PM
Me too!!!!!

projectRDM
11-19-2008, 10:08 PM
Wow. rewiring the harness was alot easier then i thought.

The harness is cheese. The install is cheese. The startup is cheese. The hardest part is finding a place to park the fucker while you do it.

fliprayzin240sx
11-19-2008, 11:37 PM
Well the hard part now is finding an engine that has nothing wrong with it. For the most part, most engines now have minor issues with it that you have to fix. Bad maf, o2 sensor, water temp, blown turbo, low oil pressure, clogged up cam oil squirter, etc...

Hardest part of the swap is troubleshooting the swap it wont start or run properly.

silviaz
11-20-2008, 07:04 AM
Well the hard part now is finding an engine that has nothing wrong with it. For the most part, most engines now have minor issues with it that you have to fix. Bad maf, o2 sensor, water temp, blown turbo, low oil pressure, clogged up cam oil squirter, etc...

Hardest part of the swap is troubleshooting the swap it wont start or run properly.

Sounds bad to me... cuz it's hard to know that until you start the engine :eek3:
I'm not planning to rebuilt the engine yet... it already cost a arm and a leg.... All I have to do is pray, pray pray..

Mangudai
11-20-2008, 07:59 AM
The hardest part is finding a place to park the fucker while you do it.

Ugh. Tell me about it. Management would go ape shit if they saw doing an engine swap.

ZX88
11-20-2008, 08:22 AM
get your engine local trust me its alot easier to deal with engine depots in person rather than through email.

Mr.s13r
11-20-2008, 09:04 AM
Well, this was my first time ever doing a swap so i have no knowledge of anything man so if you don't know shit like me then trust me there are time when it will be hard. Well do it and find out man, let us know. Gl

silviaz
11-21-2008, 12:39 PM
Well, this was my first time ever doing a swap so i have no knowledge of anything man so if you don't know shit like me then trust me there are time when it will be hard. Well do it and find out man, let us know. Gl

Did you rebuilt the engine before the swap or you bought it like that ?

Om1kron
11-21-2008, 01:52 PM
Did you rebuilt the engine before the swap or you bought it like that ?

Did you read this thread in it's entirety before you posted? :tinhat:

allntrlundrgrnd
11-21-2008, 03:04 PM
get your engine local trust me its alot easier to deal with engine depots in person rather than through email.

QFT

if you get your engine from some backcountry warehouse in canada your gonna end up fucked in the long run. Granted you may get lucky and come up with a decent condition engine, but its a crap shoot and you usually end up paying for it.

Mr.s13r
11-21-2008, 06:23 PM
Nah didn't rebuild just do all the maintenance like water pump, thermostat, reseal oil tank, etc. Got the motor from jdm of miami by the way. But since you are up in canada, there are some vendor on zilivia that sell them

silviaz
11-24-2008, 07:11 AM
Nah didn't rebuild just do all the maintenance like water pump, thermostat, reseal oil tank, etc. Got the motor from jdm of miami by the way. But since you are up in canada, there are some vendor on zilivia that sell them

Yup, I'll take mine overhere for sure and choose the engine and do my on test and check everything else. I think some shop are giving a 30 days warranty. I wasn't planning to rebuilt the engine that's the only thing i'm afraid of.

THX for the help