PDA

View Full Version : Looking for someone who can repair carbon fiber

Koopa Troopa
09-26-2008, 03:45 AM
I fell asleep on the expressway and my Spoon lip suffered.

It's not that badly damaged but I ripped the bottom end off the right side. I am trying to find someone who can repair it. Mailing it is not a problem for me. The lip is wet carbon if that makes a difference.

Oh, excuse my laziness as I forgot to turn off the Japanese IME when writing the title name...

ESmorz
09-26-2008, 03:48 AM

It's not that badly damaged but I ripped the bottom end off the right side. I am trying to find someone who can repair it. Mailing it is not a problem for me. The lip is wet carbon if that makes a difference.

Oh, excuse my laziness as I forgot to turn off the Japanese IME when writing the title name...

Do people in Japan not know how to fix things?

Koopa Troopa
09-26-2008, 03:55 AM
It would more than likely be cheaper to ship it to the states. As for here? I've asked my friends who know the better body shops on island and they're unaware of anyone who can do carbon fiber. The island is only 68 miles long and full of country bumpkins...

luisgonz
09-26-2008, 04:03 AM
How about post pics of the damage with a scale size next to it?

Koopa Troopa
09-26-2008, 12:54 PM
The damage isn't that bad and considering the other side is intact whoever is repairing will have a reference. No need for pictures.

Def
09-26-2008, 03:34 PM
Pictures would tell whether it's even repairable or not.

If it's too badly gone then it'd be easier to just try to use it as a rough mold to make another part.

LongGrain
09-26-2008, 03:37 PM
are you painting it or no?

if you are, then you can just repair it like any other fiberglass part.

TurboNinja
09-26-2008, 04:42 PM
Just buy a new hood it will cost the same.

ThatGuy
09-26-2008, 04:49 PM

Just buy a new hood it will cost the same.

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm? :confused: :confused: :confused:

ayuaddict
09-26-2008, 06:01 PM
um, dude.

its 2008.

when you fuck up your lip, buying a hood will solve all your troubles.

its kinda the same concept as electing that one dude president, twice.

cc4usmc
09-26-2008, 06:56 PM
You know what would be funny? I'd love to see that Canadian who crashed his skyline come talk shit on your thread because you fucked your car up because you feel asleep at the wheel. You're lucky you got away with just fucking up your lip.

HyperTek
09-27-2008, 12:22 AM
not hard to repair
Automotive Exterior - Fiberglass Forums (http://fiberglassforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)

You could fiberglass it.. then just paint it or something, spray can it after

Addicted2Kouki
09-27-2008, 03:36 AM
You cant repair carbon fiber to look still look like carbon fiber after the repair unless you wrap the whole lip with a fresh sheet of carbon fiber which might cost more than buying a new lip altogether.

nosanhere
09-27-2008, 04:12 AM
^ agreed I mean to a point you can try and "match" the weave but you will still be able to tell up close I'm sure. Pictures would truely be helpful.

Koopa Troopa
09-27-2008, 04:30 AM
You know what would be funny? I'd love to see that Canadian who crashed his skyline come talk shit on your thread because you fucked your car up because you feel asleep at the wheel. You're lucky you got away with just fucking up your lip.

I'd rather fuck my car up falling asleep at 4 am after 3 hours of ripping shit through mountains than kill my car trying to drive above my level.

Also, thanks for filling me in on something I hadn't already come to realize.

The Japanese really need to put bump strips on the sides of their expressways...

NSR250
09-30-2008, 03:36 PM
They repair carbon bicycle frames. I'm sure they can repair whatever you have but it might be $$$.

CalfeeDesign (http://www.calfeedesign.com/howtosendrepair.htm)

Koopa Troopa
09-30-2008, 03:54 PM
They repair carbon bicycle frames. I'm sure they can repair whatever you have but it might be $$$.

CalfeeDesign (http://www.calfeedesign.com/howtosendrepair.htm)

Thanks alot!

+ imaginary rep :bigok: