PDA

View Full Version : Passanger window!

joshchewuhh
02-03-2008, 09:44 PM
So today i went to go roll up my window then all of a sudden my window decides to drop into the door panel. Well When i took off my panel i noticed the wire freaking broke! Gahhhh. From the looks of it its seems kinda hard to get into. Tomorrow im going to the junkyard to get a window regulator. Has anyone ever done this i searched and found some answers, but its usually just their motors going out. Is the wire and the regulator all one piece?

sumoboi7
02-03-2008, 09:47 PM
i did my driver side n it didnt look to hard. my motor went out but it should be fairly simple. there probably is a way to take the wire and regulator apart but it would probably be easier just swithing the whole thing to make sure the wires are all done right n wat not... anyway gl with the whole thing. lemme kno how it goes.

joshchewuhh
02-03-2008, 09:49 PM
ya im just going to get a regulator from the junkyard but use my motor. Is the wire hard to disconnect?

sumoboi7
02-03-2008, 09:51 PM
well ya gotta get ur hand all in tiny ass places but its pretty eas.. the hard part is getting the window out. well it was for me cause i got big hands. jus be sure not to slip n drop the window in the door and break it.... the wire is not that hard. it should be a direct swap. be sure to keep the motor that is on the junkyard regulator just in case ur current wun goes out.

joshchewuhh
02-03-2008, 09:53 PM
so you sugest that i take the whole window out first

sumoboi7
02-03-2008, 09:54 PM
ya.. in order to get to the regulator u gotta take the window out. then take out all the bolts n wiggle it out the top. thats the hard part. if u dont take tthe window out u cant get the regulator n stuff out.

sr20boostn20
02-03-2008, 09:56 PM
last time my regulator broke i got a whole new door.

and when i changed it i took all the old stuff off my old door. with the window up it took like 10-15 mins too get everything out of the door

joshchewuhh
02-03-2008, 09:57 PM
ahhhh okay thanksss!

joshchewuhh
02-03-2008, 09:58 PM
so you didnt take out the window when you switched out the regulator

sumoboi7
02-03-2008, 09:59 PM
rermember to rep ppl =) since mone is hella messed up... do to sum stuff... hehe =)

jackjack
02-03-2008, 10:11 PM
its not bad at all. i went to the junkyard and pulled one not too long ago, for a friends car. passenger side window. took me about 5 minutes. it all comes together. very easy.

projectRDM
02-04-2008, 12:13 AM
I have no clue what 'wire' you're talking about, but the motor is removable from the regulator. Do a search, we've discussed removal dozens of times on here.

Risu2112
02-04-2008, 01:02 AM
My driverside did that, snapped cable, I twist tied it to the door frame in the full upright position after 2 failed attempts to replace the cable.

I'll be giving it another shot a few months from now, at least with it locked upwards like that water doesn't get in the car >.>

zugoi
02-04-2008, 01:40 AM
Did mine few weeks ago. I was able to get it all out without taking window off first. Just takes some muscle and angling. Its alot easier to just replace the whole regulator. They do sell kits to replace the wires and pulleys on ebay but if you can find the whole thing in the junkyard, id just go that route.

tangch
02-04-2008, 10:35 AM
my brother did his twice... the regulation and wire is a set.
Take off door panel, loose those two circle things and other bolts. Take out the window at an angle with a little force, then take out. The hardest part is taking the window out and set the two circle things that holds your window in place after you put your windows back in.