PDA

View Full Version : Issue with my coil overs. Whats da deal?

ROUGE180
01-07-2008, 05:11 PM
What's up everyone. I have Stance GR+ Coilovers on my 89' piggy and I've had them for about 4 months or so. My friend set them up for me and installed them on my ride. With the usual adjusting everything seemed to be going fine. No issues and handles like a beast. He said that they would eventually settle and the car may drop a little. So here we are in winter and they have finally settled.. but.. not by a little.. like ALOT as in 5 people have asked me how come my car is so damn low now. The driverside front is much lower than the passenger and as of late and it feels like I'm starting to rub tires.

(side note) Now I must note that about a month after I got the setup it was binding like crazy. I got some WD40 and went to down. That seemed to take care of the problem. Well, it's back. I contacted Stance and they sent me some hardware to fix that problem. Not sure if its related to the massive drop. I'm going to get those parts installed very soon.

So has anyone had this issue? Is this common or are my coils going bad? Whats duh deals? The rest of my suspension is stock. This is my DD and I try to avoid less favorable roads that punch me in the kidneys but sometimes it can't be avoided. Could it be 1 too many kidney shot rendering potholes? Help me please.

Thanks

ZX88
01-07-2008, 05:34 PM
it shouldnt drop to much check to see if the coilover is covered in fluid your driver side might have blown.

ROUGE180
01-07-2008, 05:34 PM
Help!!! please? anyone? Zilvians? My car begs you for your mad knowledge.

ROUGE180
01-07-2008, 05:36 PM
it shouldnt drop to much check to see if the coilover is covered in fluid your driver side might have blown.

Ok cool.. I'll check for that. Thanks

naed240sx
01-07-2008, 06:38 PM
Never use WD40 on quality heim joints. (I'm assuming you sprayed it on the upper mounts).

Also, if one side is getting lower than the other, make sure all your collars are tight. I had a collar on one of my fronts loosen one time, and after about 30 minutes on track that side had spun itself down about an inch.

!Zar!
01-07-2008, 06:58 PM
Your collars came loose and as you drove your car, they lowered them selves.

Readjust your collars and make sure to keep an eye on them for a few weeks until they stay put.

Prok0
01-07-2008, 07:51 PM
Your collars came loose and as you drove your car, they lowered them selves.

Readjust your collars and make sure to keep an eye on them for a few weeks until they stay put.

Yep, coilovers arent really a set and forget item like alot of people think, shit loosens up over time.

ROUGE180
01-07-2008, 09:34 PM
Thanks guys.. That's exactly what happened. I checked to see if i blew the coilover and it was fine but it was like down to the last thread. So overtime it just lowered itself. I'm happy it wasn't as serious as it could be.

4bangers
02-27-2008, 03:40 AM
did you have any problem with camplate plate or clunking noises? I'm about to order a set of GR+ but heard many people are having issue with their coil. thanks