View Full Version : Apexi suction kit Suggestion/HELP

spoolnsr20
01-06-2008, 08:58 AM
Well I'm going to install my Apexi Suction Kit as soon as I get my z32 MAFS in the mail. But I'm wondering if I should use the long piping (CIRCLED IN RED) and if I used it, where would i run a hose from, or if I should just plug it up? The one circled in blue is used by my stock intake and I'm assuming I should just hook it up to that when installing this one. And I'm not recirculating so I guess I'm going to plug that one up as well. One more thing. If I do plug them up.. Any guesses on the best thing to plug them up with? Thanks.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y192/noahvia/apexi.jpg

koukimonster139
01-06-2008, 09:14 AM
if you use stock boost controller you need the small one

plug the others up with caps and clamps look on jegs or summit or somethin

khilgers
01-06-2008, 10:51 AM
they also make expansion plugs that you can pick up at most automotive stores. It goes inside the pipe and you tighten a bolt to expand it and plug the hole.

MavericStephenc
01-06-2008, 11:10 AM
lowes has rubber pipe caps. 29 cents for mine if I remember correctly

blueshark123
01-06-2008, 04:55 PM
^ i bought those type of caps from a plumbing store also but u can also recirculate ur bov into one of the pipes.

silviaalmighty
01-07-2008, 02:31 PM
if you use stock boost controller you need the small one

plug the others up with caps and clamps look on jegs or summit or somethin

by saying the small one do you mean the shorter one that runs to the crankcase or do you mean the really skinny one that runs to the boost solinoid? if you were to cap the really skinny one it wouldnt regulate boost properly?

spoolnsr20
01-07-2008, 03:18 PM
I have a MBC and it's not running to my stock intake. Would it be fine if I didn't use that? Or would I be better of using it? Also for the one circled in red, what is the intended use for it? Or should I just not w worry and plug it up?

Drifter Z
01-07-2008, 04:47 PM
I bought rubber cap at lowes to cover them.

silviaalmighty
01-07-2008, 05:31 PM
the one circled in red is for your stock sr20 bypass valve aka recirc valve

crescendo
01-18-2008, 01:58 PM
they also make expansion plugs that you can pick up at most automotive stores. It goes inside the pipe and you tighten a bolt to expand it and plug the hole.

This is what I did. It turns out being flush instead of having a cap that is visible. Top Secret uses this methot a bit on some of their vehicles. It works well and looks a lot cleaner IMO.

Like silviaalmighty (http://www.zilvia.net/f/member.php?u=40255) stated, the 1" outlet is designed for recirculation of the BOV. If you are properly venting to atmosphere you can cap/plug this off/up. The other big outlet is designed for the use of an oil catch can/tank. If you are not using and oil catch can/tank, you can cap/plug this off/up as well.

Hope this helps! I love those intake systems - they look so clean and work very nicely. A little tricky to position on a LHD at first, but not too bad. Good luck! Let us know how it all worked out.