PDA

View Full Version : Questiong about clocking/setting up a GT2871r

niSm095
08-19-2007, 09:24 PM
I pulled off the stock t25 from my SR tonight and got started trying to mount up the GT2871r I got last week. I searched and couldn't find exactly what I was looking for. We were unable to find a suitable position by which we could clock the turbo and still get the actuator to fit on. I'm trying to mount it on the stock manifold. Can anyone provide pictures/help me on this?

skylindrftr
08-19-2007, 11:26 PM
are you trying to use the stock actuator or an aftermarket one/one that came with the garret?

niSm095
08-20-2007, 05:13 AM
the one that came with the turbo

unicoladron
08-20-2007, 07:07 AM
if u can afford a turbo like that, get yourself a stainless bottom mount mani with a flange for external wastegate, purcahse tial wastegate.

niSm095
08-20-2007, 07:33 AM
I could afford the turbo. At the time I bought it. But that's not what I'm asking, your answer doesn't help solve the problem.

unicoladron
08-20-2007, 08:25 AM
I could afford the turbo. At the time I bought it. But that's not what I'm asking, your answer doesn't help solve the problem.

sowwwyyy :( :(

daryl337
08-20-2007, 08:31 AM
Haha, there is nothing like an answer that sounds a little like "throw more money at it"

What positions have you tried and where is the actuator hitting that is making it un-available to be mounted?

niSm095
08-20-2007, 08:40 AM
we've only really messed with it off the car, but we've turned the housing almost every direction we could think of, but the only way we could get the actuator arm to line up with the wastegate was with the outlet pointed at the block.

niSm095
08-20-2007, 08:42 AM
if anybody has pictures of their setup I think it would help tremendously

codyace
08-20-2007, 11:01 AM
if u can afford a turbo like that, get yourself a stainless bottom mount mani with a flange for external wastegate, purcahse tial wastegate.

Or he can use the stocker and be just fine.

if anybody has pictures of their setup I think it would help tremendously

There isn't any way possible to bolt up the stock internal gate and clock the turbo, and have it all work. You'll need to modify the stock bracket, and or make you're own.

Here are pics of mine, mabe they can help you out?

http://www.e-rak.com/cody/albums/album128/IMG_0126.sized.jpg

http://www.e-rak.com/cody/albums/album128/IMG_0137.sized.jpg

More pics here if you need: http://www.e-rak.com/cody/gallery/album128

niSm095
08-20-2007, 03:58 PM
is that the stock bracket, or is there a way I can drill new holes in the stock bracket so it will work? or is that a new piece of metal entirely? which way does your turbo outlet face like that?

codyace
08-20-2007, 04:26 PM
Turbine outlet and inlet are static to the manifold...

You essentially want to the compressor shooting straight at the shock tower/perpindicular from the engine...

The bracket is a custom piece that I made out of steel. Works really well, and I even slotted the holes to accomdate any slight tweak I may or may not have needed.

Guys have also been able to modify stock brackets to work, but I figured this would be much easier for me to create.

niSm095
08-20-2007, 05:26 PM
yeah, i think that helps, I just need to get over to my friends house where my car is to see if I can modify the stock one

Hopefully I can have the turbo in this week.

niSm095
08-24-2007, 10:18 PM
So I messed with the bracket tonight, I was able to get everything bolted down in a manner that I think will work

I will take some pictures of how i turned the turbo to get opinions on it. I may have to have some oddly shaped hotpipe made, but I believe it will work like the way it is. Also had to take off the downpipe to get the turbo elbow off, one nut was stripped competely. hacksaw took care of that.

Stay tuned for more updates.