PDA

View Full Version : can azusa police........

ALEXTHESUS*PECT
02-23-2007, 11:15 PM
tonight i got pulled over by azusa police in baldwin park. i was never in azusa. they gave me a fix it ticket for my exhaust. one of the cops told me, that if i show up to get my exhaust looked at and i still have the same motor i have now that it won't pass. can i just pay the fee for the ticket and be done with it, or do i have to go somewhere to have it fixed? also can i fight it in court for not being in the city from which they patrol? anu help would be greatly appreciated.

Vatche
02-23-2007, 11:26 PM
you have to take your car to a chp and have the ticket signed off, just put a stock exhaust on your car and go. they arent supposed to pop your hood for an exhaust ticket.

but new laws make exhaust tickets non correctable? so i dont know what the fuck you got.

ALEXTHESUS*PECT
02-23-2007, 11:27 PM
what do you mean noncorrectable?

C. Senor
02-24-2007, 01:41 AM
thats means that you cant have those particular tickets signed off anymore, and to answer your question about taking it to court because they arent in their patrolling city, you'd be wasting your time....cops can issue tickets in what ever county they want to, if they feel like being dicks, they just have to fill out like 1 more paper, so yeah....i would just put a stock one back on, go pay the ticket and then switch exhaust again later, and dont go to azusa anymore.

articdragon192
02-24-2007, 02:27 AM
Exhaust tickets are non correctable but you can go to the ref, have it passed, and take it to the judge and he may make it correctable.

soreballz
02-24-2007, 02:49 AM
Just get it signed off by a ref and show the judge. Pay 10 bucks and be on your merry way.

Don't worry about your motor. They WILL pop your hood at the ref place, but thats just to check VINs or whatever. They don't care what you have under the hood if you're just there for your exhaust.

If you don't mind the drive, schedule your ref appointment at El Camino College in Torrance. They're cool over there.

johngriff
02-24-2007, 09:37 PM
LOL, WTF, dont even run the risk of getting hood popped by ref, that is just asking for it.

Just go to court, tell the judge your car sucks, pay the fine and leave. Work some over time. Think about the time it will take to source stock exhaust, put it on, take it somewhere, panic about getting f'd, the possibilty of getting f'd, going to court, then replacing the exhaust back to the way you want it..

Or, just work a couple extra hours of overtime, pay the ticket, eat top ramen, be happy about car.

crazy9ceguy
02-24-2007, 09:53 PM
what kinda exhaust did you have?

soreballz
02-25-2007, 04:29 AM
LOL, WTF, dont even run the risk of getting hood popped by ref, that is just asking for it.

I had a lengthy talk with the BAR ref at El Camino College about it. I'm not really talking out of my ass here. But whatever, believe what you want.

ALEXTHESUS*PECT
02-25-2007, 09:53 PM
what kinda exhaust did you have?
apex n1 dual knockoff
http://www.stockreco.com/0a111020.jpg
not my car but looks like this installed
http://www.stockreco.com/S13_CATBACK_DUAL3.JPG

articdragon192
02-25-2007, 10:16 PM
SSAC exhaust

ALEXTHESUS*PECT
02-25-2007, 10:31 PM
sadly it is true. i don;t know whay i like this one soooo much but this is the second one i have. fist one got sold with my other car.