PDA

View Full Version : How do you access the front speakers (S13)?

locski
07-20-2002, 07:11 PM
Thanks!

Apparition
07-20-2002, 09:41 PM
We've gotta put this in the FAQ...

anyhoo... You've gotta take off your door panels. You can do this by starting in a corner, and they pop off. You'll see green connectors. You'll know what I'm talking about when you do it. If you break some, just buy some cheap replacements at your auto store. I got mine from Canadian Tire. Once the door panel is all loose, you have to lift up. This takes some patience, it feels like it won't come off for some reason. Just keep at it, it'll come loose, then unplug whatever power accessory is there, and the door panel is off.

Now you'll see the speaker, just unscrew it. It'll be a 4x6. From here, you can bypass the factory amps by running your own wire, or hooking back up into the factory amps. Running your own wire requires drilling. If this is beyond you, just run back into factory amps.

Also, if you decide to do your own drilling, or do bigger speakers (ie: Custom woodwork for 6.5" components), sometimes those 4 screws that hold that plastic panel are incredibly difficult to get off. You may need to heat up the plastic to get those things to turn. Its what I had to do.

Hope that gets you on your way. Good luck.