PDA

View Full Version : Wheels & Tires forum rule

mrmephistopheles
12-18-2006, 09:16 AM
This one:
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=101654
Regarding posting all pertinent wheel info in thread title.

Tell me what you think.
Pick your answer and if you feel the need, expound in a reply.

exitspeed
12-18-2006, 10:21 AM
I almost voted for Pineapple, but then I thought...

I think it's completely appropriate and valuable. For instance if your 5 lug and looking for wheels, you don't even have to look at the 4 lug wheels threads cause they're usless to you.

I know I've mentioned this to you before, but I think Pics should be mandatory too. Digi cams are so incredibly cheap now-a-days there's no excuse.

MELLO*SOS
12-18-2006, 10:54 AM
The more info required in post title/post the better. Otherwise it seems you get these posts that leave out crucial details... It's almost like if you don't tell half these guys to include the PCD, offset & diameter, they'll "forget".

Exitspeed, I agree with you on mandatory pics.

'90RPS13
12-18-2006, 11:33 AM
+1 for everything mentioned so far. *a

articdragon192
12-18-2006, 11:43 AM
Me like.

drew935
12-18-2006, 12:41 PM
I say the more info the better. It helps save with asking so many redundant questions. They should also post pics or list that they can email pics if requested.

exitspeed
12-18-2006, 02:11 PM
I say the more info the better. It helps save with asking so many redundant questions. They should also post pics or list that they can email pics if requested.

I don't like the "em for pics" thing. It's an extra step someone has to take to see the wheels. If you really wanna sell'em take 2 sec initially and post'em up and you save yourself and everyone else a lot of time.

drew935
12-18-2006, 02:15 PM
I don't like the "em for pics" thing. It's an extra step someone has to take to see the wheels. If you really wanna sell'em take 2 sec initially and post'em up and you save yourself and everyone else a lot of time.
+1 you're right. They should take the extra time to post pics since they want them sold...

LB.Motoring
12-18-2006, 03:24 PM
at first pinnapple. haha JK

its for the win.

the only thing I think I can add, would be how pissed I usualy am when they never post pictures of the rims / condition etc. :ugh:

azndummie
12-18-2006, 07:04 PM
It is definately necessary because of the different types of wheels out there. Pics should be mandatory because even if u can't afford a camera you can borrow one.

FaLKoN240
12-18-2006, 07:12 PM
The rule should only be enforced if they DON'T put it in the TITLE, and then don't post it in the FOR SALE.

On this forum stuff like width and offset are important, PCD is kinda redundant (Look at the wheel face and count the holes).

Bascially it should be

In title :bigok: in post :bigok:

In title :bigok: not in post:coolugh:

Not in title :coolugh: in post :bigok:

Not in title :coolugh: not in post. :lockd:

ChicagoS14
12-18-2006, 07:39 PM
pineapple???

sorry.... just had to vote :) but its a good rule because it saves time asking about all the info etc. and why would you list a product like that without giving full specs anyhow.... sloppy posting means you might be a bad seller...

S13 Charlie
12-18-2006, 10:59 PM
The wheels for sale section ends up being cluttered with a kajillion locked threads. If there is relevant info left out of the title, I think the post should be allowed as long as it's in the body of the thread. When you hover over a thread link, it gives you the first few lines of the post, and usually any left out info is there.

McRussellPants
12-19-2006, 12:25 AM
Shits stupid, Mr. daddypants rolling into my thread and locking it because I didn't list a PCD.

If you can't look at the picture, and see 5 holes, then see that they came off a 240SX, and still can't tell that they're 5x114.3 I don't need your dumbass spamming in my PM box with "I'd buy them if my cat hadn't died".

mrmephistopheles
12-19-2006, 01:47 AM
....locking it because I didn't list a PCD.

If you can't look at the picture, and see 5 holes

The idea is to prevent users from having to open a thread to SEE a pic to find out if it's 5 holes or not. On top of that, not all FS posts have pics, so your argument is moot.
People need to stop taking locked threads personally.

Phlip
12-19-2006, 02:14 AM
I voted "pineapple," because I know where it came from

exitspeed
12-19-2006, 08:12 AM
Shits stupid, Mr. daddypants rolling into my thread and locking it because I didn't list a PCD.

If you can't look at the picture, and see 5 holes, then see that they came off a 240SX, and still can't tell that they're 5x114.3 I don't need your dumbass spamming in my PM box with "I'd buy them if my cat hadn't died".

Yea, why should I even have to open your thread if I'm not looking for 5 lug wheels? It saves time. Don't be a time waster.

FaLKoN240
12-20-2006, 11:01 AM
Does anyone agree with me or what? I think that's the most logical way to handle it. Also the locked threads should just be deleted, with a PM sent to the user linking them to my rule. :D

exitspeed
12-20-2006, 12:34 PM
Does anyone agree with me or what? I think that's the most logical way to handle it. Also the locked threads should just be deleted, with a PM sent to the user linking them to my rule. :D

The PM part would be a pain for the Mods, though I think deleting it is a better solutions then just locking it and filling the area up with locked threads. Especially after Phlip whirlwinds his way through there.

MELLO*SOS
12-20-2006, 02:04 PM
locked threads are like skulls and skeletons on the ground leading up to a dungeon. They serve as a reminder and a warning... ;) :rofl: Locked threads don't clutter the board IMO.

Wei240
12-20-2006, 03:15 PM
saves time and bandwith because sometimes going to zilv feels like i'm using 2400bps modem (blleeee, blaaaaaa, pssssssshhhh, nggggggg, beeeeeep) even tho i have broadband,

exitspeed
12-20-2006, 03:19 PM
saves time and bandwith because sometimes going to zilv feels like i'm using 2400bps modem (blleeee, blaaaaaa, pssssssshhhh, nggggggg, beeeeeep) even tho i have broadband,

It shouldn't anymore with the new server...:confused:

Wei240
12-20-2006, 04:42 PM
It shouldn't anymore with the new server...:confused:

you'd think so...
but out of all the sites i normally go to daily, zilvia is slowest of 'em all,
sometimes even times out...

dunno...

mrmephistopheles
12-20-2006, 05:37 PM
Wei - it's likely an issue for you locally or at your ISP.
Zilvia is fast for me, and I'm in Japan.

Phlip
12-20-2006, 08:47 PM
The PM part would be a pain for the Mods, though I think deleting it is a better solutions then just locking it and filling the area up with locked threads. Especially after Phlip whirlwinds his way through there.

locked threads are like skulls and skeletons on the ground leading up to a dungeon. They serve as a reminder and a warning... ;) :rofl: Locked threads don't clutter the board IMO.
Both above posts quoted for truth.
Locking the thread is one CLICK that comes with posting, watch this:
http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/5295/lockedrp0.jpg
Simple enough?
Compare that to doing it this way:
First, I click here, which shows me this new drop down,, where I must now click "Delete Thread":
http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/9595/deleting1wo4.jpg
And now I must select HOW I want to delete it, I can "soft" delete it, showing users that there was a thread there, or I can "physically remove" it, which makes it seem like it never happened. See here:
http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/8325/deleting2hr4.jpg
But wait, NOW I have to initiate a PM to a user who might have a problem with their thread being locked, so I must scroll back to and click their name, as in:
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/2008/pmingks4.jpg
Now I have to go fully to the motions of titling and typing a private message to the user explaining what happened to their thread...
http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/8710/pming2ej1.jpg
My issue, here, is that in that PM, I will GLADLY include a link to the thread that reasoned my locking/deleting their thread, but in the time it took, I now have to take the same action with 5 more.
-OR-
I can simply copy the link, paste it into every offending thread accompanying the post with which I lock the thread, then move on to the next.
The graveyard it frequently creates is FAR more effective than deleting them and holding their hands, almost as if to reward them for ignoring what was in a sticky at the top of the very forum they posted in.

mr_240sx
12-21-2006, 10:25 AM
dammm phlip..... not enough threads for you to lock today? so you had to tkae 30 minutes to post up all those pics? lol

your the man!

CrazyIvan
12-21-2006, 11:08 AM
Lol, +1 rep to Philip for fully explaining why its easier to lock threads than deleting them. :)
edit: Im not a big fan of pineapple so I voted #1 option :P

Phlip
12-21-2006, 03:49 PM
dammm phlip..... not enough threads for you to lock today? so you had to tkae 30 minutes to post up all those pics? lol

your the man!
Dude, I had explained it in plain English to people before, but some just won't seem to want to like it. I figured to go ahead and take the necessary time to make that post to explain with photographs, my very point.

NemeGuero
12-21-2006, 05:55 PM
I think that the first option is best...

I see McRussellPant's point.. but not everyone is 5 lug, which isn't something I didn't think about at first.

snatch13
12-22-2006, 01:46 PM
I like the first option.

If anyone has a problem with it, Phlip can just get out the ban stick...

Wykydtron
12-23-2006, 11:44 AM
Pineapple? Hahaha XD You mean Grenade the idea? I lol'd at the responses.

I voted for the #1 choice

AFSil80
01-12-2007, 05:03 AM
Current method of doing things is 100% common sense to me.

I don't look at 4 lug wheel threads, so it saves me time.

nevaland9
02-16-2007, 12:55 PM
i like it, but i think its missing one thing, you should post your state initals in the title to save a little bit more time. socal and norcal guys do it.

cdlong
02-21-2007, 10:00 AM
that's because socal and norcal guys are the only ones too lazy to ship anything. no one else cares because they will most likely have to ship them anyway.

Vatche
02-21-2007, 05:00 PM
they should put the price in the title too, but that shouldnt be required. this rule makes alot of sense, but if its too much work to uphold it then dont be so strict on it, people should do it to benefit themselves

ALEXTHESUS*PECT
03-07-2007, 01:41 AM
i agree as stated above pics should ALWAYS be incuded!

chmercer
03-08-2007, 03:33 PM
i think its OK but i think the PCD is kinda stupid, if somebody has wheels that are 4 lug they are probably gonna say that they are 4 lug cause nothing good comes in that pattern.

wanganwonder
03-08-2007, 04:47 PM
it's fine, but i think LOCKING the threads that get it wrong is stupid.

just PM the person and tell them to change it.

EDacIouSX
03-08-2007, 06:08 PM
I almost voted for Pineapple, but then I thought...

I think it's completely appropriate and valuable. For instance if your 5 lug and looking for wheels, you don't even have to look at the 4 lug wheels threads cause they're usless to you.

I know I've mentioned this to you before, but I think Pics should be mandatory too. Digi cams are so incredibly cheap now-a-days there's no excuse.
i would +1 you but i've given out too much rep in the past 24 hours...... haha anyway yes pics should be mandatory.

mrmephistopheles
03-08-2007, 08:22 PM
it's fine, but i think LOCKING the threads that get it wrong is stupid.

just PM the person and tell them to change it.

That'd work if users could edit thread titles. Only mods/admins can.

Kn1ves
03-09-2007, 02:03 AM
2 suggestions
1) make subforum 4 lug / 5lug... probably not gonna happen but itll be easier
or
2)
make new Post Icon for 4 Lug 5 Lug

just like:http://www.zilvia.net/f/images/icons/s13.gif http://www.zilvia.net/f/images/icons/s14.gif

etc... at least ull have the option to put it as an icon and u can add more stuff to ur thread title

love_free_robots
05-08-2007, 01:08 AM
that's because socal and norcal guys are the only ones too lazy to ship anything. no one else cares because they will most likely have to ship them anyway.

lol ive never shipped anything in my life

i love this rule of all the info in the title, also think location in the title would be awesome! id way rather pick up local instead of waiting for shipping and figuring out payment and all that garbage.

nismostyle240
05-08-2007, 05:33 PM
i think also if its possible wheel owners should post how the wheel looks on there car out of courtesy if they can so pplz know how it looks on a s13 or s14 or other car that has 240sx fitments.

cgtdream
05-09-2007, 04:07 AM
I didnt even know there was a wheel and tire forum....hmmm, i voted pineapple :hsdance:

youngmanvr4
05-10-2007, 12:07 AM
2 suggestions
or
2)

just like:http://www.zilvia.net/f/images/icons/s13.gif http://www.zilvia.net/f/images/icons/s14.gif

etc... at least ull have the option to put it as an icon and u can add more stuff to ur thread title

Not a bad idea.

Shaminii
07-14-2007, 06:53 PM
2 suggestions
or
2)

I like!

WTF is 'pineapple'?

mrmephistopheles
11-04-2007, 10:40 AM
I like!

WTF is 'pineapple'?

...an inside joke. :D

sl4ck3r
11-04-2007, 01:23 PM
I think pics should be mandatory for forsale threads all together and should include a piece of paper with the members forum name on it. This shows that not only this is actually owned by the person (most likely, you can still get around it) but the quality and condition of the product as well.

k's_silvia2.0
11-04-2007, 01:53 PM
#1 I voted......