PDA

View Full Version : clear side markers

topikamew
10-01-2006, 04:49 PM
ok, i've searched the forum multiple times and only to have found that the install sections are no more.

Car: 1990 240sx s13.
My problem right now is: one of my side markers broke off, due to my fault :duh: . So, i was thinking maybe i should get an oem one, or MAYBE i should go for a clear one that would make my ride hotter. after searching much, no more install section.

So, does anybody have this install saved, or can explain again about it? i am talking about the ML320 sidemarker, i know there's some filing involved but don't know if it's so stupidly simple that i can do it.

ThatGuy
10-01-2006, 04:59 PM
Numerous Companies make them now. No need to ghetto fab lights from a different make and model anymore. I know URAS makes them, and I remember a seeing a couple other companies that offered them as well. I believe RareTrick sells URAS, check them out.

g6civcx
10-01-2006, 06:09 PM
Please note that not all aftermarket lights are legal. Only use ones that are DOT-compliant.

I have a pair of S13 front sidemarker lights you can have real cheap. PM me.

Installation is easy. Just pry out whatever is left from when you broke it. Remove the bulb socket from the back of the broken light. Screw the socket into the new light, and pop the new light into the opening. Takes about 10 seconds.

projectRDM
10-01-2006, 08:39 PM
To add to this though, the ML sidemarker looks MUCH cleaner than anything aftermarket, costs less, and is easy as hell to install if you have a brain. I'd put them on over anything else on the market.

topikamew
10-01-2006, 09:52 PM
hmm thanks for the replies.

well, i am aware that there are companies who are offering their lights, but after bit of research, they are expensive as hell. With doing the ML320, it costs less than $20, and i have a place that i can get it at fast.

The problem is: is there any wiring or soldiering involved (i dont know that stuff) or is it just straight forward take it out, plug it in, put it in car (with some filling down, of course). If anyone has the install saved, i will be grateful, im just waiting for that for me to go get the lights.

g6civcx, i will pm you, but from seeing you are from Virginia, i would think the shipping cost> light cost.

topikamew
10-08-2006, 09:32 PM
anyone else with any input?

i really need to get this done, the side markers are just hanging off the car. maybe if someone give me a part #, i'll just go pick it up and try it out.

Bay_Area_sr20det
10-08-2006, 09:39 PM
not to sounl like a complete dumbbutt but you are talking about the Mercedes ML320 side markers right? because those are way cool looking!

CKAMC
10-09-2006, 12:33 AM
Shipping for those little lights thru the mail would be like $5.

I heard about the mercedes a while back and requires a bit of work... just small I mean SMALL trimming to get it to work. Google it and I am sure the write up is still floating on some 240 board out there.

Wanna go balla? clearcorners.com <---

Bay_Area_sr20det
10-09-2006, 01:49 AM
OMFG clearcorners.com is crazyyyy!!!!

punxva
10-09-2006, 08:03 AM
yea we used to have the mercedes write up on here, but the installs pages are down, but its a basic install

topikamew
10-11-2006, 05:35 PM
thanks for the replies, but i have been searching around ALOT before i posted. (i know to search before i post) All the links, including other forums all lead to the one in zilvia, cuz this is probably the best forums for 240sx. anyways, if i can just get the part #, i might just go buy it or a way for me to buy it online, it'll be good.