PDA

View Full Version : Kill Switch

azanprophet
05-23-2006, 06:06 PM
I'm wondering if any of you guys have installed a kill switch in your cars. Maybe something that is out of the way and unseen that you have to flip to start the car.

I was thinking about splicing a switch into the clutch pedal sensor so you have to flip the switch before the computer recognizes that the clutch is in and will start.

Any suggestions or advice would be great...the simpler the better.

ThatGuy
05-23-2006, 06:08 PM
Ummm, if we reveal where and how we have our switches installed...

won't it defeat the purpose of installing them?

azanprophet
05-23-2006, 06:31 PM
Good point but I'm not necessarily asking exactly where you have your switch, just if you have one and if it's a good idea versus or in addition to an alarm kill switch

ThatGuy
05-23-2006, 06:57 PM
Anything you can do to make it harder for someone to steal your car is a good thing. You can install Battery cut-offs, fuel cut-offs, ignition cut-offs, etc., etc. FSM plus a basic knowledge in electronics should be all you need. I suggest putting switches someplace hidden, but also someplace that isn't obvious when you climb in the car and throw the switch. If it's obvious then anyone who sees you start the car might be able to figure it out too. Good luck.

DJPimpFlex
05-23-2006, 07:17 PM
SEARCH>[email protected]$ Theres been like 23974.324.1/2 threads on this. Fuel pump, battery kills, remove steering wheels, remove other wheels, lol. There are hella things you can do.

tre
05-23-2006, 07:20 PM
Best one yet Kompressorlogic has devised.

Irukandji
05-23-2006, 08:59 PM
What DJpimp said... there are soooo many threads on wiring a kill switch.

Spend your time searching

!Zar!
05-23-2006, 09:33 PM
34 posts and you still haven't learned how to search.

I'll make it easy for you since you obviously are lasy and or lack any type of common sence.

Look on the bottom of this page.

Ok. Still with me?

You'll see a few diffrent threads that is under the title Similar Threads.

Click on one of those.

Then reply in this thread telling us you're sorry for wasting bandwidth.

rancid240
05-24-2006, 04:48 PM
I was thinking about splicing a switch into the clutch pedal sensor so you have to flip the switch before the computer recognizes that the clutch is in and will start.

IMO thats not the best one to have a switch for...if its your only switch I suppose. You could just jump the starter or disable the sensor which can be done very quickly.

trsilvias13
05-24-2006, 04:58 PM
just put switches on any wire that is need to start your car.

how hard is that?u can even cut every single wire on the ecu and put switches in between. Just make sure it all on before you try to start. If it doesnt need a switch, just a swtich anyways, it not gonna harm anything. so you can have a bazillion switch for that full race look.