PDA

View Full Version : West Coast Regional Meet Location

Sil-Abc
03-02-2006, 04:30 AM
I need to hear out what most of you guys think is the best place to hold this regional meet. I will list out the pros and cons and u vote to whichever u think is best.

(NORCAL)
Pros:
-Most of the organizers are around this area so it will be easy for us to make this actually happen
-We know almost all the best spots to hold this; we also kno alot of ppl
-LESS HARASSMENT FROM COPS
-less traffic
-new attractions to socal ppl
Cons:
-less 240sx population compared to socal
-bad roads in san francisco

(SOCAL)
Pros:
-most shops/sponsors reside in socal
-large 240sx population
-several attractions and available events
*dont kno much about socal so i cant list too many things*
Cons:
-POLICE HARASSMENT IS VERY BAD*
-Others and I dont kno much about socal attractions/locations so it will be hard to organize
-terrible traffic

*the main concern and reason for this poll is because of recent police harassment and new californian laws. If we DO hold this large meet/bbq, i can guarantee there WILL BE cops around the area just to make sure things dont get out of hand. With the popularity of SR's and import tuning, i can safely say 1/4 of the attendants will have a SR and i dont want ppl to get popped right after leaving the bbq/event. Cops in socal kno what SRs are and know what to look for, so some ppl may/will get ticketed and/or towed so i want to see what u guys think. Is it worth it to have in socal?
I prefer Norcal because cops dont hassle us as much as socal and its easier for the organizers :D

ANYWAY VOTE ANYWAY!!! any feedback and opinions is greatly appreciated

ALTRNTV
03-02-2006, 05:36 AM
I really don't mind having it where, as I have family up there I haven't seen forever, and wouldn't mind visiting them. I still think So Cal is the best place to hold it, as this does the majority of the shops/tracks, and as the attractions and weather down here. :bigok:

The police problem is not TOO BAD if you don't drive like a jackass. There were reports last week of the cops sticking around the Performance Nissan meet we had here, but they were there just to see that everything ran smoothly, and that there was no trouble. I didn't see or hear stories about cars getting pulled over, as I was there.

I like the idea of holding it there again, Citrus College parking lot, in Glendora, 10 minutes to Irwindale.

RSP13-Sideways
03-02-2006, 07:55 AM
I wouldn't mind traveling to SoCal but I suggest having it NorCal. The weather is clearing up here and there are plenty of spots we could have it. The Marina near Berkeley, Frisco, San Jose, etc. The cops here don't hassle us with cars as badly as SoCal and I've seen certain places in Fremont where cops WILL pull you over right as you leave the event.

I would suggest Norcal, but either one works for me. If we do agree on SoCal, Caravan anyone?

A Spec Products
03-02-2006, 12:41 PM
Water and oil don't mix.

Hahahha

I ain't driving up to Norcal thats for sure!

Ritz S14
03-02-2006, 03:25 PM
Water and oil don't mix.

Hahahha

I ain't driving up to Norcal thats for sure!

Same attitude.:rolleyes:

A Spec Products
03-02-2006, 03:48 PM
Same attitude.:rolleyes:

I still got that West Coast love though, don't get it twisted.

Western Conference x PROTECT THE WEST co-op!

hop in the low low, my my low-rider!

kouki_s14
03-02-2006, 10:49 PM
socal for me
sorry it's too far for my liking
even though i hate the cops, its not as bad as you guys make it out to be, just dont drive like a dumb ass

ALTRNTV
03-03-2006, 02:38 AM
For people voting, please state why you voted for whichever you voted for.

EchoOfSilence
03-03-2006, 05:32 PM
Take that 'hecka' off. hahaha

that place in Glendora sounds fine. Cops there aren't too bad, and the venue is pretty big. I was gonna suggest Ontario Mills parking lot, but on second thought, that would be pretty stupid.

Furthermore, people from NorCal like to travel down a lot more than people in SoCal like to go up, so we will get more attendance down here. However, there are a lot of newbies and assholes down here and they might compromise the integrity of this whole thing.

I say Buttonwillow/ WillowSprings or Socal.

Sil-Abc
03-04-2006, 07:53 PM
so far its pretty even but thats because most ppl are biased towards where they live soo that doesnt work out too well. echo does make a point with the newbies and attracting attention but akademik made a point about socal girls :D lets continue the voting and see what u guys think.

So far i think we might continue doing this in socal

ALTRNTV
03-04-2006, 08:01 PM
So Cal girls for the win! You guys should hit up one of the clubs I promote for... lol.

C'mon Wong Fei Hung, So Cal girls > nor cal girls :bigok:

I agree with Echo, more people are inclined to driving down here, as opposed to driving up there.

rainier
03-04-2006, 11:31 PM
i just want it here since i live in so cal. but i drive a sentra?

RSP13-Sideways
03-04-2006, 11:36 PM
Like I said, I'm from Norcal and I don't mind driving to SoCal cause I can bunk up with some buddies; however, if it's not a big turnout I'm not going hahaha.....

Aye Akademic, whattup with the VIP passes though?

NemeGuero
03-04-2006, 11:45 PM
Hheeeeelllllaaaaaaaaa

!Zar!
03-05-2006, 07:46 AM
+1 for norcal, home of altamont version 2.0!

NemeGuero
03-05-2006, 07:31 PM
I'm gonna go make a new user name and vote NorCal again!! Screw this tie!! hahah

ALTRNTV
03-05-2006, 10:01 PM
Aye Akademic, whattup with the VIP passes though?

You guys really wanna go clubbing? If so, let me know. I got a Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night club line-up. :rawk:

breakindrifts
03-05-2006, 11:33 PM
socal is better, just make it as north as possible for the nor-cal guys.

EchoOfSilence
03-06-2006, 12:34 AM
I'm gonna go make a new user name and vote NorCal again!! Screw this tie!! hahah
Blasphemy! hahahaha.

Don't toy with trigger-happy mods lmao.

NemeGuero
03-06-2006, 01:02 AM
You better've voted NorCal fool.. you really gonna drive all the way down just to drive back up when you're already IN NorCal?!

SUCKA?!

EchoOfSilence
03-06-2006, 01:52 AM
Yes. I would driven all the way HOME for the meet. and then driven back up if I had to :)

NemeGuero
03-06-2006, 02:36 AM
THATS IT!! Echo's vote no longer counts. NORCAL FTW!!

EchoOfSilence
03-06-2006, 04:08 AM
Dick, i said i voted socal hahahaha.

Kn1ves
03-06-2006, 04:18 AM
socal so ^^^ can drive me to the event

180sExy
03-06-2006, 05:09 AM
S.cal would be the best spot for a meet. HUGE import population down here.pluse,like alotta people already said the shops an sponsors are here. Eibach,Super Autobach an alotta other companies have jdm meets in the parking lot. An there is always sumthing too do here clubbing,Venice,Lil tokyo,Knotts,Downtown Disney,long romantic walks on the beach,there's like too much stuff too list. An as far as cop harassment factor i've been too acouple events where the cops were cool an did'nt bust anyone.I dont wanna sound like i'm taking their side cuz the cops here "CAN" be dicks but if you dont burnout or drive like you own the road most cops would leave you alone.Remeber every ticket an impound has a grip of paper work too be done. So if this event takes place when would it most likely take place. It sounds like fun.

NemeGuero
03-06-2006, 11:31 AM
Dick, i said i voted socal hahahaha.

That's why it doesn't count. You're in NorCal, you can't vote SoCal.

ALTRNTV
03-06-2006, 11:38 AM
Looks like even people from NorCal want it to be in SoCal.

SoCal for the winnarz!1!!!1 :w00t:

SimpleSexy180
03-06-2006, 01:13 PM
i voted SOCAL.

come ON..you norcal guys know you want it in SOCAL <3

NemeGuero
03-06-2006, 01:44 PM
Echo isn't NorCal.. he misses his mommy too much.

I really just don't trust my car on that long of a drive.... I'm scurred.
If someone from NorCal brings a truck and a flatbed.. I'll go to SoCal. Haha

EchoOfSilence
03-06-2006, 01:49 PM
damn right, biatch! i wouldn't venture out too far and say that you're not a mommy's boy.... that wouldn't be true, now would it? :fawk:

just don't boost and you'd be fine

NemeGuero
03-06-2006, 07:55 PM
Yah, 'cuz I'm not. I don't even talk to my mom except like once in a great while.

Your mom however, called me last night. ;)

jessfx
03-06-2006, 08:31 PM
I think SoCal would be better. The weather's just as unpredictable but for the most part I think it might be alright. Not too cold not too hot. There are a lot of cars down here compared to up north. I've seen a lot of 240s down here, I didn't even realize that there were a grip concetrated in one frickin' city. Also, yes... I know you guys love the SoCal girls... if anything, we could probably make a huge caravan to this milkshake joint in Garden Grove. ;) ...I wanna see Jon Wayne, Guero and Kazuo again fo sho down in SoCal, seeing that I rarely see them at all... and it'd be nice to meet a grip of yall as I tag along with EchoOfSilence.. seeing that he'd have to drive home, kekeke

ALTRNTV
03-06-2006, 08:36 PM
to this milkshake joint in Garden Grove. ;)

Where in GG? I'm always in that area, lol. I want milkshakes. :bigok:

jessfx
03-06-2006, 08:39 PM
HAHAHAHA. I want to go when my car's back up and running again to celebrate. Let's roll!

It's this joint called D'Vang or some shit like that. Women in lingerie serve you your drinks in lingerie.. I'm not going for the women. I'm going to see the looks on the faces of men as they stare.. lmfao. I just can't help but crack up in my head.

EchoOfSilence
03-06-2006, 10:20 PM
Think import models in skimpy shit serving you milkshakes.

ALTRNTV
03-07-2006, 03:38 AM
Well, I'm sorry Norcal, but that right there... wins it for SoCal. Can you get the address to this place?!!?!?! I wanna go, hahaha.

Sil-Abc
03-07-2006, 06:04 AM
psh we have that hear too THOA!!! san jose is full of viets and viets tea houses :D cute viet girls in lingerie, serving u tea and coffee, those .25 games like photo hunt. AHhhh that right there is teh winnarz

Also evan i think matt (djpimpflex) could tow ur car down with his bang bus :D

NemeGuero
03-07-2006, 09:53 AM
I only need a tow if something breaks.

bimmerlover
03-07-2006, 11:04 AM
Echo isn't NorCal.. he misses his mommy too much.

I really just don't trust my car on that long of a drive.... I'm scurred.
If someone from NorCal brings a truck and a flatbed.. I'll go to SoCal. Haha

Same here! I don't want to be on I-5 and all of a sudden my turbo decides to take a shit on my engine.:w00t:

Someone drive a flatbed with the caravan and I might go.:wackit:

EchoOfSilence
03-07-2006, 12:26 PM
psh we have that hear too THOA!!! san jose is full of viets and viets tea houses :D cute viet girls in lingerie, serving u tea and coffee, those .25 games like photo hunt. AHhhh that right there is teh winnarz

Also evan i think matt (djpimpflex) could tow ur car down with his bang bus :D
Yeah, this is true too. The only thing is that the one in SoCal charges a whole fucking dollar for photohunt, IIRC. bastards.

ALTRNTV
03-07-2006, 02:35 PM
Yeah, this is true too. The only thing is that the one in SoCal charges a whole fucking dollar for photohunt, IIRC. bastards.

You know why? The girls look better. That alone is worth the extra $0.75. :bigok:

EchoOfSilence
03-07-2006, 02:43 PM
i dunno..... San Jose has viet girls galore. The place here has girls that need to grow an ass. Good times nonetheless :)

jessfx
03-07-2006, 03:32 PM

lies. hahahahaha. it only cost us a quarter to play. he just saw us put in dollars because no one had quarters HAHAHAHA

jessfx
03-07-2006, 04:15 PM
what about Santa Fe dam off the 605? one of my older bros mentioned it to me sayin that they used to hold meets there.

NemeGuero
03-07-2006, 04:38 PM
Damnit, I'll be there wherever it is.. 'cuz I'm cool like that.

ALTRNTV
03-08-2006, 01:43 AM
So Cal is winning by 6 votes. :w00t:

ALEXTHESUS*PECT
03-08-2006, 02:08 AM
i say so cal cuz the weather is usually better, and there are more 240's here. maybe somewhere north of la like santa barbara or bakersfield, ie buttonwillow. i like the idea of citrus college too, cuz it's like 15 minutes away. or maybe someone could contact irwindale speedway, and we could see if we can have it in their parking lot. just some suggestions

carnal_c30
03-08-2006, 12:35 PM
hahaha Cafe Di- Vang or DV3 muwahaha good times...

SoCal is cool for meets depending on when it is though I'd be willing to drive up to the yay area... providing the meet isnt in the city... my car cannot survive on those roads...

how bout we plan two exchange meets? haahah one down here when you guys roll down here and one up there we can cruise up to?? It would be nice to meet everyone... when I go up there I always see a buncha 240s at the tapioca in san mateo i think

i8yourfwd
03-08-2006, 12:58 PM
Think import models in skimpy shit serving you milkshakes.
ahha yay for coffee shops.. there's quite a few in san jo..

Photohunt for a $1? GAY. If you get on the right machine here, you can play photohunt for SIX ROUNDS for $1.. norcal FTW kkggthnxbye

NemeGuero
03-08-2006, 01:38 PM
i say so cal cuz the weather is usually better, and there are more 240's here. maybe somewhere north of la like santa barbara or bakersfield, ie buttonwillow. i like the idea of citrus college too, cuz it's like 15 minutes away. or maybe someone could contact irwindale speedway, and we could see if we can have it in their parking lot. just some suggestions

I call bullshit on that statement!!!

To quote the late Mac Dre..
"It may be cold on the east coast, or the other side of town.. but this is the bAAAYYY."

SoCal is cool for meets depending on when it is though I'd be willing to drive up to the yay area... providing the meet isnt in the city... my car cannot survive on those roads...

how bout we plan two exchange meets? haahah one down here when you guys roll down here and one up there we can cruise up to?? It would be nice to meet everyone... when I go up there I always see a buncha 240s at the tapioca in san mateo i think

And I think you may be on to a GREAT idea here..

EchoOfSilence
03-08-2006, 02:35 PM
ahha yay for coffee shops.. there's quite a few in san jo..

Photohunt for a $1? GAY. If you get on the right machine here, you can play photohunt for SIX ROUNDS for $1.. norcal FTW kkggthnxbye
If you read JessFX's reply, she corrected me. Quarter per game. gl hf.

Sil-Abc
03-09-2006, 05:43 AM

umm how about no... one because its already hard enough just to plan this socal one, 2 i HIGHLY doubt anyone will come after going to the socal one to redo everything over in norcal. UNLESS we do socal this year and if this turns out good or better than what the committee expects, then we will hold one again next year in norcal. but for now, just socal :D

EchoOfSilence
03-09-2006, 11:12 AM
Jon has spoken. It'll be in SoCal.

NemeGuero
03-09-2006, 12:36 PM
Jon can kiss my ass!!!

Sil-Abc
03-09-2006, 02:02 PM
sure ill kiss ur donkey :D

ALTRNTV
03-09-2006, 02:06 PM
:kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

Socal for the win. End poll.

i8yourfwd
03-09-2006, 02:27 PM
If you read JessFX's reply, she corrected me. Quarter per game. gl hf.
Oh... damn

6 games for $1 FTW! haha :P We have that.. BOO YA

We can't get hyphy in socal :(

ALTRNTV
03-09-2006, 02:30 PM
6 games for $1 FTW! haha :P

$0.25 x 4 = $1.00

EchoOfSilence
03-09-2006, 02:47 PM
Oh... damn

damn you hahaha.
fuck that you can get hyphy wherever you'd like. iono if people will look at you wierd though lmao.

$0.25 x 4 = $1.00
he was talking about norcal. there are places you can get 6 games for a dollar

ALTRNTV
03-09-2006, 02:51 PM
Oh ok, but still, Socal for the win. Hahahahahaha

i8yourfwd
03-09-2006, 03:38 PM
ahhaha.. i wanan steal a megatouch :x

NemeGuero
03-09-2006, 03:53 PM
sure ill kiss ur donkey :D

I'm going to draw a picture of a donkey on my penis and hold you to that.

i8yourfwd
03-09-2006, 04:15 PM
I'm going to draw a picture of a donkey on my penis and hold you to that.
wong fei hung... hella came down...

Evan... CAME UP!

How bout central CA? So it's nice and equal?

ALTRNTV
03-09-2006, 04:21 PM
Nice and equal, yes. Try finding something to do there. :rofl:

i8yourfwd
03-09-2006, 04:24 PM
Steal megatouches and bring thems! Cow tipping?

hahahah

Have u guys noticed that this is like 98% premie thread.. haha premie FTW

NemeGuero
03-09-2006, 04:28 PM
'cuz Premies ROCK!

I'd be down for a button willow meet. That's half-way ish.

SimpleSexy180
03-09-2006, 06:01 PM
so when will this be held? ;)

EchoOfSilence
03-09-2006, 07:45 PM
I thought of buttonwillow, but the only places that would be available to put cars in are the staging/cool-down areas right before the course entrance, and the parking spots behind that (near the trees). I guess we'd put the vendors there too. This isn't enough space for a shitload of people, i don't think. But being able to run afterwards would be tight.

What about Willowsprings?

Sil-Abc
03-10-2006, 03:29 AM
well sat is the buttonwillow track day. fri is when we meet up and go clubbing or whatever and sun is the bbq, meet, hang out day :D

i8yourfwd
03-10-2006, 12:56 PM
Willowsprings?

Never been there.. pics?

ALTRNTV
03-10-2006, 05:25 PM
fri is when we meet up and go clubbing or whatever

You guys should hit up our new weekly Thursday nightclub called Traffic in Fullerton. Jon, let me know where and when, as it seems that SoCal is the popular vote.

EchoOfSilence
03-10-2006, 05:59 PM
You guys should hit up our new weekly Thursday nightclub called Traffic in Fullerton. Jon, let me know where and when, as it seems that SoCal is the popular vote.
18+? yeah? i don't wanna be left out :cry: i'm not 21 yet

jessfx
03-10-2006, 06:02 PM

word. i've seen the flyers and some of the cats promoting it. you part of eventsco or somethin'? it's near school. i go to csuf. har har har. i'm down to go if i'm not goin' alone hahaha

18+? yeah? i don't wanna be left out :cry: i'm not 21 yet
you'll be 21 soon enough. ain't no thang. my birthday's this weekend. XD too bad i won't be 21 either HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH

ALTRNTV
03-10-2006, 08:39 PM
I'm a part of SpotsPRO. EventsCo is our partner. It's 18+ for you youngings, lol. It's like 5 minutes away from CSUF.

carnal_c30
03-10-2006, 11:08 PM
Willowsprings?

Never been there.. pics?

http://www.dplylemd.com/images/GraniteMtn300X225.png

EchoOfSilence
03-11-2006, 02:48 AM
http://www.dplylemd.com/images/GraniteMtn300X225.png
actually it's

http://www.willowspringsraceway.com/trackinformation/TrackMap.jpg

Near Lancaster.
http://www.willowspringsraceway.com

gorgasm
03-11-2006, 01:36 PM
willowsprings is in the middle of NOWHERE.
i vote socal! And I have relatives who live in both parts.
norcal is too cold! lets have it down here its nice and warm, and theres more to do ^_^. cops arent as bad as everyone makes them out to be. just no dorifto's out of the mcdonalds parking lot and youll be cool.

infinitexsound
03-12-2006, 04:58 PM
i vote for the new altamont raceway... when its done.. why not have a socal/norcal battle... weve all been wanting something like this to happen altamont good location just outside the bay and right off the I5.

NemeGuero
03-13-2006, 02:42 PM
They're too scared to come up here...

jessfx
03-13-2006, 11:58 PM
i have to find an excuse to leave town or just lie my way through it... and i really don't want to do either again. or at least, just not too many times this year. i know i won't get away with it every time. O_o

soooooo.... again for so cal.

oh the perks of being from an asian family and the only girl of three. how i love it so.

SimpleSexy180
03-14-2006, 01:00 PM
They're too scared to come up here...

O RLY!?

NemeGuero
03-14-2006, 03:17 PM
Yah punk!! LETS DO IT! Hahahaha.. you won't! ;)

i8yourfwd
03-15-2006, 07:13 AM
oh snap oh snap! FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT

Don't trip evan... i'll hold ya back.. ahhahaah

SimpleSexy180
03-16-2006, 10:41 PM
yeah you'll need to hold him back. he cant handle my "hyphy".

azndummie
11-28-2006, 11:40 AM
we should switch off places every year or something

turboeic
11-29-2006, 12:11 AM
Oh... damn

No you can't but you can get CRUNK.:naughtyd:

touge dreamer
12-07-2006, 05:37 PM
My vote for socal. Sorry to far for me to travel plus i dont have the money or the time to travel up to NorCal. Plus the NorCal people can caravan with there smaller population of 240's to the SoCal. and the weather is always nice down here. For locations in SoCal just ask the Zilvia members.

ALEXTHESUS*PECT
12-27-2006, 03:23 PM
the next obvious place would be down here in so cal for the next d1
https://www.d1gp.com/2007schedpage/2007%20D1GP%20US%20Schedule.gif
maybe one of the days we can all go to speedzone or dromo.

Sil-Abc
12-27-2006, 05:13 PM
..... this is thread is old. this was for the past summer. good job

swift_style
01-10-2007, 11:49 PM
I would say Norcal cause I'm local but I would def migrate down south cause of the 240 population

adrians_s13
03-03-2007, 11:43 AM
bump..........!

touges14
03-03-2007, 06:57 PM
im for socal and that would be sweet to have it in glendora! as long as we dont have large groups going into the canyons which are 1 mile away! then the cops will definitely mess with us!

sr20det4mys13
03-06-2007, 09:33 PM
i just feel the population over weighs the simpicity of having it in northcal.. more 240.. the better..

ALTRNTV
03-18-2007, 04:57 PM
..... this is thread is old. this was for the past summer. good job
Yet people still post in it (don't include me, as I'm requesting this for a lock).

Phlip
03-18-2007, 05:03 PM
Wow, I'll gladly lock this thread