PDA

View Full Version : Think it's time for a change

driftyour40
01-21-2006, 09:31 AM
Well, I think I might be getting out of the 240sx, I have been looking into geting an 99 BMW 540i sport. Unfortunitly to get myself in a car like that I will need to sell my 240. I'm not 100% on all of this, but then again if I can pull it off I'm going to. I was thinking that I would ask you guys what your thoughts are on the idea of going from Nissan to BMW were. So?

wootwoot
01-21-2006, 12:37 PM
Welcome to a world of expensive parts and pain in the ass maintainence if you move to the German side

infinitexsound
01-21-2006, 02:38 PM
its not all that bad.... just dont think about modifying the car to make some high hp.. just keep it classy...

Phlip
01-21-2006, 03:18 PM
Wow, this reminds me of something I just said just now in this thread:
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=99711

m072514
01-21-2006, 09:48 PM
it seems to me that alot of nissan/infiniti guys also happen to be BMW guys. this is true of myself and many of my friends, who own either nissans, infinitis, BMW's or any combination thereof. the E39 was a beautiful car, and very little is needed to make it quite an attractively modified car. i say go for it, brother. but you know you will buy an S13 a few years from now, and modify the piss out of it. you know deep down inside...

driftyour40
01-22-2006, 03:57 PM
it seems to me that alot of nissan/infiniti guys also happen to be BMW guys. this is true of myself and many of my friends, who own either nissans, infinitis, BMW's or any combination thereof. the E39 was a beautiful car, and very little is needed to make it quite an attractively modified car. i say go for it, brother. but you know you will buy an S13 a few years from now, and modify the piss out of it. you know deep down inside...

I know I will too, I figure by the time I'm out of school I'll have the money and the time to fix up s13/s14 the right way, but until then trying to do it is a pita. The 540 is fast fun to drive and isn't going to cost that much to own compared to the Nissan

driftyour40
01-22-2006, 04:01 PM
Wow, this reminds me of something I just said just now in this thread:
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=99711

I would never leave, I love it here I'm just taking a break.

citizen
01-22-2006, 09:10 PM
Welcome to a world of expensive parts and pain in the ass maintainence if you move to the German side

you are wrong. i have an e36 and its a breeze to work on. for an oil change, guess what, the filter is on the top front of the engine, its self draining and takes only one bolt to remove. spark plugs, take off two bolts holding on each ignition coil and you're there. door panels, two screws. kick panels, one screw and it pops off automatically. radio, two screws on the front of the fucking head unit, takes 5 seconds to remove. compared to an s13 its a fucking walk in the park with daisies springing up in your wake and a symphony playing.

from what i've bought parts aren't that much more expensive either.

in summation, you fail it.

wootwoot
01-22-2006, 10:29 PM
From the work that Ive had to do on BMW's it was not so fun. You cant say I fail on personal oppinon!

driftyour40
01-23-2006, 10:13 PM
either way, with the parts I buy to fix the nissan up and keep it running (it has 223k), will go to the bmws parts. I've been looking around and I really love the way the car looks stock, so the most I'm going to change is the is the headlights, I found two things from Dinan that I want to get, and I will be getting a 100% aluminum radiator, because the stock one seems to break every 50k. other than that, I might through some money at the sound system.

OdessaS13
01-23-2006, 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wootwoot

you are wrong. i have an e36 and its a breeze to work on.

hes right, i used to part out salvaged M3's with a friend in a matter of 3-4 days, and we are lazy ass fuck.Putting shit back together is another story, the engine compartment is pretty cramped up so it sucks reaching shit. When people say it breaks alot its BS. If BMW's are such shitty cars why is BMW considered one of the best automotive companies, because it breaks down so damn much???
As far as i can remember its mostly the 3 series that have the majority of problems
A car breaks if you beat on it/ dont drive it properly/ neglect it, and that goes for any car, not only bmw's.
Don't worry about it man, its a sick car and you'll have fun
-Mike

SilviaNinja240
01-24-2006, 02:33 AM
^^^ *nods* well put

nistech
01-24-2006, 07:47 AM
it seems like people who own 240s getting bmw and people selling their bmws to get 240s its like they are trading

SilviaNinja240
01-24-2006, 03:28 PM
Well, ya know life's too short just for one car. I still really like 240s, but I dunno if i'll buy another one. Just do what makes ya happy dude

exitspeed
01-24-2006, 03:58 PM
I like BMW's. I would get a E30 M3 if I got rid of my 240.

Though I'd also like a new 5 series as a DD.

driftyour40
01-26-2006, 08:54 AM
yeah see, BMWs are tight and from everything I have been reading I'll be very happy with it. Thanks everyone for your input. Though, I am sure I'll get another 240 for a fun car, or something.

ZK
01-26-2006, 10:15 AM
Only BMW I'd get is a new one.

I'm not very fond of the old styling. Their cars tend to be more cutting edge in style and so fall otu of style faster than other cars that are more conventional looking.

driftyour40
01-26-2006, 12:15 PM
I love the e39 body, bottom line. LOVE IT. but thats me.

driftyour40
01-28-2006, 08:31 PM
Well it seems someone bought my BMW, and I said from the beginning that if, I couldn't get it then I would stick with the 240. So, I guess it's not time for a change after all. I'll get one later hahaha.