PDA

View Full Version : speeding ticket (what makes the ticket void?)

IAM_SO_sLOw
01-17-2006, 02:44 AM
alright long story short... i got a speeding ticket...:rant: yeah i know for all you people that are going to say "its your fault for speeding" i know already...anyways... i was driving my girlfriends car and on my ticket he wrote that the registration is same as driver.... which isnt... i was wondering if this voids the ticket?
i have been hearing certain mistakes voids tickets.. i was wondering if this is one of them? anyone know?
-thanks

airsoft
01-17-2006, 03:25 AM
i got 2 speeding tickets recently... on in August 2005 and one January 06... one was 77 on 65 on 10 fwy... c'mon... i was NOT Vrooooooom!! or beign retarded.......

and the other was 80 in max. 70 zone back home to LA from Mammoth...cruiiiizin home..

seriously... i mean.. c'mon...

but on both my tickets... they didn't write "pace, radar, lazar, or anything.."
can i see radar? "im giving you a break... instead of writing this.. im giving you this..."

har har har..

they left it blank.

same question... those that are affiliated or know about law and stuff... what does it mean when they leave that areea blank??

IAM_SO_sLOw
01-17-2006, 03:39 AM
yeah i know what you mean....he said he "clocked me going 89 and then he said he tailed me going 80"

reefer1114
01-17-2006, 05:35 AM
im pretty sure that makes it void. just show up to court and show them that he made a mistake. also any spelling errors on the ticket can also lead to it being void.

orion::S14
01-17-2006, 07:17 AM
^^^ Not in FL...they will ammend the ticket on the spot (in court), and carry on.

Plate off one number, DL # off or number transposed, etc...they can fix it after the fact. Everyone makes mistakes (those idiots made one when they chose to be traffic cops!).

FTP...? No...police are good.

FTC = "Fuck Traffic Cops"...they suck, and serve no purpose other than raising revenue. And why do they have to be such assholes in the process?

Ah, who cares...FTC.

- Brian

Phlip
01-18-2006, 11:47 PM
^^^ And it makes perfect sense for them to amend the ticket in court. Would the fact that the cop mistakenly wrote the wrong thing on the ticket change the facts of the case? If so, then the ticket is void, but in the real world, you should have to deal with it some other way.

A Spec Products
01-19-2006, 02:29 AM
that sucks solo

i wouldnt be so hopeful though, they'll find a way to take your money somehow

i got some spam in my email today saying that "supposedly" they are going to give out like $22MM in tickets in 3 months in orange county to pay CHP overtime or something...dont really believe it but for some reason recently ive seen more people pulled over. :rumormill:

depending on when you got the ticket you can go and fight it and possibly win. for example if its 4am on a deserted street with no one around you, you could theoretically tell the judge you felt your speed was "reasonable and prudent" and there might be a chance you could get off, if not maybe a reduced fine, or something to that nature...or so was told to me at traffic school.

anything you do, dont get a speeding ticket in OC, you have to IN PERSON to take traffic school. thats 8 hours of your life you cant get back, informative though, i ended up getting a funny teacher.

AdoriPimp
01-19-2006, 05:00 AM
Quick question:

I got a speeding ticket in early December, How long do I have to get my driving school takin care of?

and i do have an option to do traffic school, and where online can i do it?
In Sac, CA.

reefer1114
01-19-2006, 05:40 AM
handle it as soon as you get the stuff from the dmv. www.trafficschoolonline.com is where i took mine about 3 years ago. took me like an hour and a half or two to finish. you could also ask for extensions...

IAM_SO_sLOw
01-19-2006, 01:10 PM
lol yeah i heard about that too....
i got caught on the 10 on the way to cabazon.... where EVERYONE is driving 80+ maybe ill say that... but i doubt it will work =(
haha i hope they lost my ticket and dont send it in =) haha

A Spec Products
01-19-2006, 04:21 PM
lol yeah i heard about that too....
i got caught on the 10 on the way to cabazon.... where EVERYONE is driving 80+ maybe ill say that... but i doubt it will work =(
haha i hope they lost my ticket and dont send it in =) haha

impossible.

after the popo do their shifts they turn them all in.

im sure theres a penalty for having missing ones, so im sure they are great at turning them in.

sushimonster
01-19-2006, 07:19 PM
you can void the ticket if you can prove the radar is unreliable in that event, or plead not guilty and hope the cop is not in the courtday...theres a slim chance of you getting away from a ticket... your best bet is bargain with the prosecutor..