PDA

View Full Version : Traffic/law advice wanted

HyperTek
01-09-2006, 10:05 PM
Ok so back in 7/11/05, I got pulled over for modified exhuast, no proof of insurance, and modified vehicle ride hieght. Cop said I could just show up to court with my proof of insurance and get that part writen off (i have insurance but didnt have the papers with me at the time). Now the exhuast part of the ticket was marked non-correctible, but I had went to a BAR ref and got writen and tested proof that it meets law decible requirements. The bail was about $191 or test it in court, I thought I would test it in court, but i had work, so I had post-poned the date til sometime in 9/05.

Remembering I had this date coming up, but not exactly paying attention to it, I had missed it, *ironically the day i sign online to check the court date on LA superior courts web page, was just the day before :-/ *

So I had got myself a failure to appear. Bail is bumped up to over $1k or reschedule for court. So I rescheduled and the date is 1/25.

Today in the mail, I got a notice that my license will be suspended on Feb 5th if I dont get this stuff cleared out. Any advice on how I can reduce the bail and not get my license suspended? I dont have the $1k for paying it. Does that mean I have to fully pay the bails in order to not get the suspension? or think they will allow payments?

I was planin to go to this upcoming court date on 1/25 with my proof of insurance, my BAR ref documentation, and see if I can get the bail reduced, but Im scared the judge probably wont except no excuses for the failure to appear.

I really wish I woulda paid that light $191 bail in the first place. Im kinda scared about this. ANy advice would be appreciated. Thanks THe original ticket was issued in diamond bar/hacienda hieghts area by the way.

drift freaq
01-09-2006, 11:01 PM
I would say go to court, apologize to the judge for failing to appear. If you can figure out something to say why you forgot the exact date he might go easy. The 1k bail is based on the FTP and if you show up and show the judge you were taking care of stuff then he or she will most likely scold you for failing to appear and possibly fine you for it but take into account the other stuff. Once you have showed up for the FTP you can usually get a clearance on it. same goes for the other. Usually your fine will not be as much.

Flybert
01-10-2006, 11:04 AM
Judges are usually lenient if you are working to fix the problem. I would just make up an excuse about having an exam the week of your court date and say it just slipped your mind. Show him your papers and you might get out of it scott free. No joke.

fliprayzin240sx
01-11-2006, 10:16 PM
Id show up to court with your insurance paperwork, use the finals thing as an excuse for forgetting, bring the BAR paper work to show your car isnt that loud, and before you go to court raise the car up and see if you can get that written off. If all else fails...you can make monthly payments to how ever much fine they decide to slap you with.

HyperTek
01-12-2006, 07:20 PM
thanks.. a few people suggested I call and check my options, so Ill do that.. I think it would be hard to get the ride hieght writen off cuz who would do those tests? the car has seen a 5lug/ and staggered 17/18s change since then, unlike teh 4lug 15s i was runnin since then and recently illegal motor put in lol. I know im gonna have to pay something. I just dont wanna loose my license.

fliprayzin240sx
01-14-2006, 01:08 PM
Ride height....aint it just 22" headlight from the ground and make sure anything on your chassis is higher than the rim just in case you have a tire blow-out.