PDA

View Full Version : Drift Day Norcal @ GGF - 1/21/

driftday norcal
01-03-2006, 09:53 PM
http://www.finaldrivemagazine.com/TJ/ddnorcal/images/12106.gif

EVENT CANCELLED

Dear drivers,

We're sorry to bring bad news, but the Drift Day Norcal scheduled for this weekend has been cancelled. The problem stems from changes in the city policies regarding drift events with the permit that we had been using for the last 3 events. We are confident that for future events we will be able to continue to use Golden Gate Fields, but there is simply not enough time before the event for the amendments to be made to the permit.

We also regret that we didn't find out about this until this Saturday, just one week before the scheduled date of the event. Although this event cannot happen, we have indications that we will be able to do future events at this site after going through the necessary steps with the city of Albany. This is a city government issue, not an issue with the venue. The venue (Golden Gate Fields) loves Drift Day Norcal (that's you guys!) and wants us back!

Refunds
Refunds will be given via Paypal as soon as possible (approximately 1/19), and hopefully we will have some news soon regarding future events. I have replaced the "Entry List" with a "Refund List" on the Drift Day Norcal website.

Once again, we're all very sorry that this had to happen. If you have any questions or comments, please email [email protected] . For refund questions, mail [email protected] .

Regards,

Your Drift Day Norcal Organizers
-Lee Slone
-TJ Morales
-Gaylord Garcia
www.ddnorcal.com

Sil-Abc
01-04-2006, 08:28 AM
hmmm very interesting... i wonder if i can get some wheels by that time.

Irukandji
01-04-2006, 03:13 PM
Im putting my car together in time for this event hopefully.

Just need to get a couple more wheels.

Irukandji
01-11-2006, 09:28 PM
if anyone cant make it, i'll gladly buy their spot. I've emailed TJ but it seems like I'm not going to make it on the list, but I'm still keeping my fingers crossed.

please PM me if you're selling your spot.

Thanks

TurDz
01-11-2006, 10:08 PM
that sucks, I just dropped out last nite and got a refund. I didn't even know it was possible to give a spot to someone else. don't the wait list people get first priority?

sw20>>s14
01-14-2006, 10:27 PM
dammit...bad news, but i hope it can be resolved in time...

driftday norcal
01-16-2006, 01:41 AM
Dear drivers,

We're sorry to bring bad news, but the Drift Day Norcal scheduled for this weekend has been cancelled. The problem stems from changes in the city policies regarding drift events with the permit that we had been using for the last 3 events. We are confident that for future events we will be able to continue to use Golden Gate Fields, but there is simply not enough time before the event for the amendments to be made to the permit.

We also regret that we didn't find out about this until this Saturday, just one week before the scheduled date of the event. Although this event cannot happen, we have indications that we will be able to do future events at this site after going through the necessary steps with the city of Albany. This is a city government issue, not an issue with the venue. The venue (Golden Gate Fields) loves Drift Day Norcal (that's you guys!) and wants us back!

Refunds
Refunds will be given via Paypal as soon as possible (approximately 1/19), and hopefully we will have some news soon regarding future events. I have replaced the "Entry List" with a "Refund List" on the Drift Day Norcal website.

Once again, we're all very sorry that this had to happen. If you have any questions or comments, please email [email protected] . For refund questions, mail [email protected] .

Regards,

Your Drift Day Norcal Organizers
-Lee Slone
-TJ Morales
-Gaylord Garcia
www.ddnorcal.com

Irukandji
01-17-2006, 10:40 PM
When do you the think next event will be held?

TougeRacing
01-20-2006, 09:36 PM
thats a bummer, i was hoping to spectate buuut i wish u guys the best of luck to get things back on track again. goodluck!