PDA

View Full Version : Video of D1GP USA vs. Japan 2005

Flipzide
12-18-2005, 10:54 PM
I recorded most of the semi final rounds and put them all into one file edited with some music and such. Check it out if you want. Sorry for the bad quality.

Video is about 22 minutes long and about 198 megabytes in size.

http://files.filefront.com/D1GP2005LONGFINALwmv/;4488829;;/fileinfo.html

wootwoot
12-18-2005, 11:49 PM
Pre thank you thanks for giving an honest contribution to the community

hendogg8
12-19-2005, 02:35 PM
Great video man! Thanks for sharing. I think the ending would have been different, if JR did not catch that break from Imamura.

Now...where's that coverage for all the umbrella girls? :naughty:

dct223
12-19-2005, 03:20 PM
who else thought it was rigged?

Modern Speed Labs
12-19-2005, 03:26 PM
Great video man! Thanks for sharing. I think the ending would have been different, if JR did not catch that break from Imamura.

Now...where's that coverage for all the umbrella girls? :naughty:

What do you mean by break?

Edgar

datboibrad
12-19-2005, 03:42 PM
who else thought it was rigged?
what makes you think it was rigged?

sideview_180sx
12-19-2005, 03:54 PM
Download server is not working...for me.

datboibrad
12-19-2005, 04:03 PM
works good for me. steady 45k download

hendogg8
12-19-2005, 04:52 PM
What do you mean by break?

Edgar

Imamura spins out, thus giving JR a break to win the round. I didn't really want to spoil it for anyone who wanted to see it fresh.

dct223
12-19-2005, 04:57 PM
what makes you think it was rigged?

well... this was an exhibition match so it didnt count for points... the times that the japanese drivers went against JR (US Driver who won) it seemed like they were not trying very hard, for example.. when JR went against Kazama, kazama left SOOO much room for him going in the first big bank, why would he leave so much room in the first place? that is like automatic loss if u have such a big gap.. the rest of the run it didnt even seem like he was trying and didnt even get angle... Then next.... Nomura VS JR... nomura spins out, and instead of going on the 2nd run, he retires????? the finals... it so happend to be USA VS Japan... and once again... the japanese driver who drove that silver s15 (forgot his name) left a lot of distance going into the first big bank... which gives them negative points...

also something to note.. none of the regular top D1 drivers even made it to the final 4...

dont get me wrong.. JR is a great driver and he tore up irwindale.. it just didnt look right when all the top japanese d1 drivers were driving agasint him, they were not very aggressive, just didnt seem to put effort in it.

we should see how everyone does on march for D1gp round 1... actual competition for points.

SimpleSexy180
12-19-2005, 06:16 PM
i liked last year d1 and jgtc....i was actually into jgtc more than the drifting.

Azntypezero
12-19-2005, 07:28 PM
Well, even the most skilled competitor makes mistakes.
No matter how good they are, they are still human so in that one still makes mistakes. Just as some of the Japanese drivers said, "Even monkeys fall from trees." And does anyone have any tangible proof that makes D1 a rigged event? I would like to see.

SochBAT
12-19-2005, 07:59 PM
i liked last year d1 and jgtc....i was actually into jgtc more than the drifting.

Cuz Baby Jesus said so!

JGTC is freaking awesome!!

Yea, exhibitions almost always seem rigged to me.

Being as it doesn't count for points, don't you think it'd be good to give the opponent some hope to build up next year's season opener???

I mean, cmon, it was sponsored by the Air Force. And D1 reminds me of Hot Version. Storyline/character and all. Its the Automotive WWF!

datboibrad
12-19-2005, 08:09 PM
well... this was an exhibition match so it didnt count for points... the times that the japanese drivers went against JR (US Driver who won) it seemed like they were not trying very hard, for example.. when JR went against Kazama, kazama left SOOO much room for him going in the first big bank, why would he leave so much room in the first place? that is like automatic loss if u have such a big gap.. the rest of the run it didnt even seem like he was trying and didnt even get angle... Then next.... Nomura VS JR... nomura spins out, and instead of going on the 2nd run, he retires????? the finals... it so happend to be USA VS Japan... and once again... the japanese driver who drove that silver s15 (forgot his name) left a lot of distance going into the first big bank... which gives them negative points...

also something to note.. none of the regular top D1 drivers even made it to the final 4...

dont get me wrong.. JR is a great driver and he tore up irwindale.. it just didnt look right when all the top japanese d1 drivers were driving agasint him, they were not very aggressive, just didnt seem to put effort in it.

we should see how everyone does on march for D1gp round 1... actual competition for points.
well yea in that light it would seem that way. in your opinion do you think JR could have won if these guys where driving the way you know they can?

terribleone_t1
12-19-2005, 08:10 PM

we should see how everyone does on march for D1gp round 1... actual competition for points.i think something was up with this match. JR should of lost. must of paid bucks 2 win this match

-usmd-180sx
12-19-2005, 08:42 PM
plain and simple... i'll lay it out text book style for you ppl that cant grasp it.. or wasnt there in the previous yrs to see why it seems rigged...

Jr... great driver.. nothing against him.. even tho all the fans sitting around me.. (probably their first time there) rooted out their hearts for Rod Millen, JR, Tanner Foust, Alex Pfeiffer,etc. etc... And most of them did quite well against the japanese drivers..BUT.. and a big big But at that..

Kazama... for example... understeered TWICE... a almost 16 yr vet.. going strong... last yrs champ... does not just understeer two times in a row.... I also agree about the logic about giving the americans "hope" about the motorsport.. and kind of "fishing" them more into the sport... I mean c'mon... the crowd blew up and doubled in size from this yrs season opener... And this is just a exhibition... Wait until Feb.. All of the pros will come back and show u why I think this was rigged....

I give Jr congrats on his vic.. over numerous GODS... =) Nomuken, Kazama, and Sakuma (APP Silver s15 driver)

But.... your missing a couple of other drivers that are INSANE... Kumakubo.. Tanaka.. Ueno... Am I missing someone? Youichi Imamura... hmm... anyway.. u get the point..

For 1 insignificant mustang driving man to overcome those odds are a man winning the lotto on his first attempt to play...

This is just my opinion.. and prolly a million others share this view as well.. but Plain and simple.. Drifting motorsport is blowing up everywhere... Next year there is gonna be D1 event across the Country.. and World.. 1 on the eastcoast.. 1 in canada..1 in china.. alrdy in the UK.. and so on and so on..

What better way to attrract more dedicated, diehard fans than to give them a little bit of hope that these.. noobs.. beat the japanese at their own game they created...

On another note.. that camero... it is new to see... new things are kool... but wow... i cant count how many times the ignorant ppl around me saying... damn.. that camero guy is the best driver out there... how come he didnt make it... blah blah blah blah...

Just another reason why i frown about anything mainstream... and noobs fucking it up for all of us in the end... going out in their mustangs and cameros.. and whatnot.. street drifting... and killing a mother.. and all of her kids driving home from a movie.. or supermarket...

Sorry for blabbing on and on.. POOR NOMUKEN!!!

KAZAMA NEVER UNDERSTEERS!!!!!

WAIT UNTIL NOB COMES IN FEB!!!!!

SimpleSexy180
12-19-2005, 09:05 PM
i look at d1 like its mainstream music....not my style...although it is entertaining.....

sw20>>s14
12-19-2005, 09:07 PM
IMO...exhibition = less shit that blows or breaks is less work from now until FEB = 6/10ths = purely for fun...

congrats to the falken team though...

sideview_180sx
12-19-2005, 09:14 PM
going out in their mustangs and cameros.. and whatnot.. street drifting... and killing a mother.. and all of her kids driving home from a movie.. or supermarket...

WTF did that really happen after the event?? If so that sucks, but I can only imagine the amount of domestic t00ls that will flock to see JR/Hampton only to try and emulate them on the street. Sure it is great for the sport in bringing fresh blood and life from another part of american society but hopefully it will not become as costly as bystanders and victims of street racing.

-usmd-180sx
12-19-2005, 10:16 PM
i remember one time.. front cover of my local newspaper... IN BIG BOLD LETTERS.. 4 teenagers caught streetracing on freeway.. all got caught with fast and the furious movie stubs in their pockets upon apprehension..

Trends are in a loophole... of destruction...

p11driver
12-19-2005, 10:29 PM
thanks for the vid, its downloading now.
and -usmd- is right about the "mistakes" the pros made driving. i watched kazama and kawabata drive perfectly for 3 days, then in the battles they make mistakes..... please. kazama straightned out in the exact same spot both times in the run, right at the cliping point before turn 2. it was obviously on purpose.

datboibrad
12-19-2005, 11:48 PM
and the going rate for a 240 sky rockets even before F&F3 hits theaters

KA24DESOneThree
12-20-2005, 12:54 AM
and the going rate for a 240 sky rockets even before F&F3 hits theaters

I'm amassing a fleet, half of which will be sold at ridiculously bloated prices to fanboys, and the other half of which will be sold to real people for good prices.

I made that up.

D1 did seem kinda staged, but it was all entertaining.

Flipzide, thanks for your contribution.

KoukiMonster
12-20-2005, 03:14 AM
all this speculation is a bunch of bullshit. JR WON. deal with it.

calling the jap drivers gods is lame as hell.

and you idiots think that price for a 240 will go up after this? and even after this movie? you don't think these fanboys and their moms that organize their stacks of magazines don't know about drifting? comeon. nothing is gonna change.

datboibrad
12-20-2005, 09:27 AM
all this speculation is a bunch of bullshit. JR WON. deal with it.

calling the jap drivers gods is lame as hell.

and you idiots think that price for a 240 will go up after this? and even after this movie? you don't think these fanboys and their moms that organize their stacks of magazines don't know about drifting? comeon. nothing is gonna change.
bah. silence your arrogance lol. after each drift event that passes prices of 240's go up another hundred bux. we have all noticed and so have you. we may be exagerating it abit but it definately is happening

jobestudios
12-20-2005, 10:13 AM
Its a known fact that after FF1 the prices rose, it goes back to simple economics known as supply and demand. The supply for 240sx's, SR20's, JDM goodies is limited and after FF3, the demand will be huge. Same thing happened with your moms honda civic or accord. If you guys think drifting is "mainstream" right now, just wait, go to any high school in america* and see how many people actually know what drifting is. Now you may say the FF series is dead because after #2 it just sucked. But Universal is dumping money into this and it will probably be there "big summer movie".

Drifting has only seen this first little wave to hit it, just wait for the tsunami.

gorgasm
12-20-2005, 01:05 PM
I agree. Most of the matches did seem rigged. None of the pro's were pushing very hard at all which is very unlike them if you've ever seen then perform previously. Dont get be wrong JR tore up the track, But there were just too many coincidences like how the last round just happened to be a sudden death... And the way they had tsuchiya make everyone wait while he came out to the middle of the track to announce the winner... come on. More edge of your seat suspense to hook more fans (oh look if a mustang can do it so can i). Of course I could be wrong but this is just an opinion. Oh well, keep raising value for my s14.

-usmd-180sx
12-20-2005, 08:19 PM
it was sarcasim that i stated they were "Gods".. wow.. lighten up man... :p And the reason why i think kazama stagged that was the layout of this track aint really anything compared to what style of track layout they do in japan... plus touge...

well.. it was all in good fun.. ill agree... lets stop with the whinning.. congrats JR :rawk:

And the speculation about the prices rising... its been said many many yrs ago.. before drifting blew up... and 1/3 is gonna be sold to fanboys, 1/3 is gonna be sold to enthusiasts, and the remaing 1/3 is gonna be crashed/totaled/burned by the first 1/3 of ppl that bought them

s14dr1ft3r
12-20-2005, 09:04 PM
I have been watching drifting for a while now but nothing compares to watching it in person. And to see the top Japanese drivers is a real treat. I was at the D1GP this weekend also and there is an absolute difference in the way the Japanese drivers drift and the way the US drivers drift. During their solo runs, the fastest clocked time thru #1 clipping point by a US driver was 75 MPH by none other than Rod Millen. Every other US driver was in the 65 MPH range. The top Japanese driver had a speed of 86 MPH with the rest of the field in the mid 70s. In the top 16, only 6 were US drivers (and in my opinion there should have only been no more than 3). 5 of which lost in the first round. Now I'm not saying this event was rigged and I'm not saying it wasn't, but its hard to believe that the Kazama, who can do this course in his sleep, understeered in consecutive runs during his loss to JR. Maybe I'm misanalyzing it but thats how I saw it. JR continued to barely beat out the rest of the top Japanese drivers and take the win. I'm glad that the US won as I think its great for the sport (I was kind of hoping Dai would take it) and I'm sure it'll draw the masses.

Ken Nomura's Skyline sure took a beating. He hit the wall pretty hard.

I also think the Japanese issued the US a challenge saying during the opening ceremonies that during their exhibition run in the UK, that the UK drivers are at a level that "will not lose to the US drivers". Just something to think about.

-usmd-180sx
12-21-2005, 07:39 PM
the japanese drivers just bring a different presence to the atmosphere than the american drivers.. Im not sayin that the american drivers suck.. well not all of them.. but u can really feel the different atmosphere they bring to the table..

yoichi spun out right infront of the drift king for crying out loud... did he ever spin out the whole 2 days he was there? no... why infront of the judges.. on the last lap against JR.. why would kazama understeer in the finals.. at the exact same spot.. TWICE... Ueno, kumakubo, tanka were driving great all weekend...

i dunno... but u are corret... s14drifter... i have been keeping my eye on those UK drivers.... their presence is also at a different level...

bigJ86
12-21-2005, 10:06 PM
wow....why because an american won in an american car dose everybody have to hate....... i dont think the japs were going easy at all...... dont forgot tandom battles are differnt then when ur drifting the track solo......

here's a qoute from drifting.com....... from JR..

After watching video and reading rediculous assumptions it seems the ony question the few doubters have are with Imamura and Kazama. If it was fixed or they were told to Toss the match for some rediculous reason please tell me this. regarding battle with Kazama....How do you intitate understeer on purpose yet alone going that fast? and why would you try to force understeer to lose a match when you could easily just go wide or straighten up for a second.regarding battle with Imamura...After the first round it is evident we were even and if any match should go one omore time that was it for sure. If he too was throwing the match why would he spin in the middle of the turn where my heavy mustang almost ran through him. If you noticed or understand drifting that turn you will know that at the point where he spun is where you have the deepest angle. it looks to me as if he entered to fast and used his brake to late and when he tried to slow his front tires gripped and spun him either that or he just simply passed the point of no return. My rear bumper actually slid across his front bumper.

I dont think you can understand what pressure does to a driver till your in that position. Short answer....it forces mistakes.

Either way man you just keep believing whatever makes you sleep better at night. I will not have my hard fought battles and deserved win shot down by a skeptic without a first hand opinion.

Thank you everyone for your support see you all soon!

JR

jesse

-usmd-180sx
12-21-2005, 11:01 PM
rofl... was this actually quoted by JR.. or someone that posed as him... cause he grammer is pretty bad.. and would he be that butt hurt from all these opinions to come on a forum to defend himself.. if so... :cry:

accept the win.. wheater ppl speculate or not.. rofl.. funny guy JR is..

blackflag_Rms13
12-22-2005, 04:41 PM
KAZAMA NEVER UNDERSTEERS!!!!!

WAIT UNTIL NOB COMES IN FEB!!!!!

Werd... And yes wait for Taniguchi in an actual points round. There is No One Better. Aside from that :gives:

p11driver
12-22-2005, 05:22 PM
/\ if taniguchi and hks are goin to be in d1 anymore.
anyone wonder where he was? and why orido purposly cruised the course for his 3 laps after making it into the top 32.
and whats up with the air force shit, pretty random. must have been a LARGE sponsor to have such a speech after the top 32 intorduction.

SRkouki
12-22-2005, 06:11 PM
the american air force was kinda random... and what was up with that that singing of the national anthem... :keke:

and i can easily understand people having these negative thoughts about the event. it is easy to form such opinions when the person you wanted to win didn't succeed. also to have for the record; in my opinion, kazama did not "understeer" against JR. he simply straightened out from the previous clipping point and just started the drift a little later than normal. but eitherway, here are some reasons people would see the event as being a planned outcome:
○ U.S. Air Force sponsors the event, an american wins, boosting american pride (as displayed already in this thread)
○ Competition did not count for D1 points
In conclusion to this theory, one could hypothesise that the US Army could have paid D1GP to have an american, in an american car, win the event. Society is all about consumerism. The D1GP could have also believed that this win for the US might bring out more fans for the next event. Also, if this were the case, they were most likely paid a sufficent amount to forfeit, thereby giving the Japanese a win win situation, ironically.
Though this idea may sound somewhat logical, it also has has a flaw;
○ If the case was that the Japanese drivers were supposed to intentionally loose in the end of the event, that would mean that every single Japanese driver would need to be informed of this. If not every, then atleast the ones who had a higher chance of making it close to, if not into the finals.
For most, it seems very hard to believe that this was the case. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, there is no point bashing on someone's idea because it is different from yours.

kognition
12-22-2005, 06:28 PM
This corporate conspiracy subject came up this past summer over Ford and those "Stangs'. This time, the conspiracy plot thickens as the military appear to jump on the bandwagon with Ford (In financial turmoil btw). You don't just fly a huge fucking jet over the raceway to say "hi". It's all subliminally tied in to reach the young adult male mind. And at all time low enlistments for the military.... So it does seem to me that there was more going on under the hood than meets the eye. I don't know whether to laugh or to be insulted. This is the target market for Ford as far as age is concerned. Okay, i think i am insulted by this corporate abuse. Exactly who is running the show realllllly?
:wackit:

WTF did that really happen after the event?? If so that sucks, but I can only imagine the amount of domestic t00ls that will flock to see JR/Hampton only to try and emulate them on the street. Sure it is great for the sport in bringing fresh blood and life from another part of american society but hopefully it will not become as costly as bystanders and victims of street racing.

-usmd-180sx
12-22-2005, 06:40 PM
After watching.. I came to Three conclusions..

1. I want to join the Air Force, cause every intermission and/or pause of the event had a advertisement of "JOIN THE AIRFORCE! IT WILL MAKE MOST OF YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE!"

2. I want a Shark Drink.. Hmm... Do I hear a Shark Attack coming along somewhere?! :bite:

3. I want a Mustang too.. :Ownedd:

TurDz
12-22-2005, 07:21 PM
Everything is this thread is VERY plausible, and if you can't even formulate one doubt about this event being rigged, you are showing some ignorance.

Reiterating, this even could have been rigged for a number of reasons: in the case of enhacing American pride, increasing profits during the upcoming American events (big one), promoting the US military and the American economy (Ford).

Anyway, I think its pretty cool none of this has blown up to a dumb argument, people are just contributing their opinions with observations. It's obvious that JR would defend himself, I think anyone would. Who would want to say that "my win was a fluke, you are all right!"

Anyway, anyone want to take bets of what country will win the offical D1GP events? hehe...

-usmd-180sx
12-22-2005, 08:03 PM
Of course anyone would want to defend himself in such a critical situation.. But for a professional driver HIMSELF to come out and speak those words...

"Either way man you just keep believing whatever makes you sleep better at night. I will not have my hard fought battles and deserved win shot down by a skeptic without a first hand opinion."

it puts an impact on his own image (IMO), may it be a good or bad impact.. but that is something his representitive should do.. so therefore... asuming JR is the professional that he is.. I think more likely that i think about it that those words were spoken by an imposter... that sides with JR 100%

I mean... Terrell Owens didnt come out and blab blab blab all himself... thats why he has that dickhead of a agent to do.. (making him look worse) :nono:

Can ya see my point?

kognition
12-22-2005, 08:53 PM
Who the hell is drifting a Mustang that is a free agent? Only the paid ones from what i see. Which shows that the sport has zero cultural ties with big muscle. It's seems like Ford is overly pushing this car into the drift culture in a really fake way. If they think any Nissan or Toyota fan is going to change over, ....... :hammer:

Flipzide
12-22-2005, 08:54 PM
After watching.. I came to Three conclusions..

1. I want to join the Air Force, cause every intermission and/or pause of the event had a advertisement of "JOIN THE AIRFORCE! IT WILL MAKE MOST OF YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE!"

2. I want a Shark Drink.. Hmm... Do I hear a Shark Attack coming along somewhere?! :bite:

3. I want a Mustang too.. :Ownedd:

haha i know what you mean...

a couple of my friends couldnt resist obtaining some shark drinks at their tent after hearing all those stupid ads that they were spamming between rounds.

overall, they taste like shit. hahaha.

SochBAT
12-22-2005, 10:34 PM
I was wondering where the fugg you could get a shark drink, so i asked a shark girl. "Oh, you need to be VIP to get one," after giving me a flyer. I said "F*CKING RIGHT!" and ripped the flyer in hand and threw it back at her.

But i did end up gettin a taste. Piss probably tastes better.

Oh yea, Go America! Lets go drive that jet engine powered car. "You heard right, JET ENGINE!!!! CRUISING around as the fastest land vehicle around! Topping speeds of over 500MPH!!!" GOOOOOOOOOOOO MILLENIUM FALCON!!

psychoblue23
12-22-2005, 10:52 PM

dood did u SEE nomura car? I did I have it on video.. I dont think he coulda went back out.. he didnt jsut retire.

I have video of this too if anyone knows how to transfer from tape to computer.... I have footage of the entire event.

bigJ86
12-23-2005, 12:06 AM
well......i think this "corporate conspiracy subject " is all a bunch of crap...... why would the japanese( who i thought was a country that really belived in the honer crap) let the U.S win? because FORD paid them off..... i dont think so because if that was the case wouldent have ken gushi have won the event since he drifts for FORD in a mustang built by FORD.... JR dose not drift for ford ...his car is a falken tire car built by X.M.P. and ford wasent even a sponcer for the event, they sponcer a car in the event ,and there driver dednt even make it to the top 16...... i dont know why it matters what kind of car somebody drifts?? would everybody hate if the guy drifted a bmw........ drifting is geting big all over the world now. In europe they drift europen cars and "JDM" cars(so in america people drift american cars and "JDM" cars)....... so drifting shouldent even be about what kind of car they drift.......

...... sounds to me all the JDM fan boys are mad because the japanese and there "super cool JDM s15's lost"........."corporate conspiracy" i'm sure there isn't one.... cant belive that people just cant be glad that an american was able to win at D1 regardles of what kind of car he drives.

SRkouki
12-23-2005, 12:17 AM
well......i think this "corporate conspiracy subject " is all a bunch of crap...... why would the japanese( who i thought was a country that really belived in the honer crap) let the U.S win? because FORD paid them off.....
maybe it was the military who did the paying. everyone knows they have more than enough money to do such a thing... and a good reason for the japanese to aggree would be because of a large financial gain.... it does seem plausible

miucus
12-23-2005, 01:28 AM

i agree, something was a little fishy, but anyways GJ to JR

dct223
12-23-2005, 05:58 AM
dood did u SEE nomura car? I did I have it on video.. I dont think he coulda went back out.. he didnt jsut retire.

I have video of this too if anyone knows how to transfer from tape to computer.... I have footage of the entire event.

my mistake, i ment to write IMAMURA with the apexi RX7 who retired against JR, not NOMURA with the ER34..

and yes i saw nomuras car... i was right next to the freaking track, i would not have wrote what i did if i didnt see what happened in person.

kognition
12-23-2005, 10:02 AM
No Ford was not an actual sponsor on paper anyway. I also don't think too many guys at the event are going to get sucked into this countries military either. It really doesn't matter if he is with Falken, wake up man. Do you really think he drifts that mustang because he prefers it? You know nothing about big business. And D1 is in a chokehold by it. They think its roses, but they are killing themselves with unwelcomed subversive corporate sponsorship. D1 is like a kid in a candy store right now. :hammer:

well......i think this "corporate conspiracy subject " is all a bunch of crap...... why would the japanese( who i thought was a country that really belived in the honer crap) let the U.S win? because FORD paid them off..... i dont think so because if that was the case wouldent have ken gushi have won the event since he drifts for FORD in a mustang built by FORD.... JR dose not drift for ford ...his car is a falken tire car built by X.M.P. and ford wasent even a sponcer for the event, they sponcer a car in the event ,and there driver dednt even make it to the top 16...... i dont know why it matters what kind of car somebody drifts?? would everybody hate if the guy drifted a bmw........ drifting is geting big all over the world now. In europe they drift europen cars and "JDM" cars(so in america people drift american cars and "JDM" cars)....... so drifting shouldent even be about what kind of car they drift.......

...... sounds to me all the JDM fan boys are mad because the japanese and there "super cool JDM s15's lost"........."corporate conspiracy" i'm sure there isn't one.... cant belive that people just cant be glad that an american was able to win at D1 regardles of what kind of car he drives.

theicecreamdan
12-23-2005, 11:58 AM
George Bush rigged D1GP!
I'm amassing a fleet,.
I have always wanted to say that.

psychoblue23
12-23-2005, 12:22 PM
my mistake, i ment to write IMAMURA with the apexi RX7 who retired against JR, not NOMURA with the ER34..

and yes i saw nomuras car... i was right next to the freaking track, i would not have wrote what i did if i didnt see what happened in person.

ya the VIP section was pretty nice minus all the DI ppl eyeing anyone wiht a camera.

kognition
12-23-2005, 12:38 PM
Uh, yea... and WTF is is that all about with the "no cameras" thing? This isn't a Playboy photoshoot, its a goddamn car show. How can any car event justify that? It has gotten kinda old with that security search BS, (and it is BS). It's turning into freak show in my opinion. You don't get tossed up like that at SEMA.

ya the VIP section was pretty nice minus all the DI ppl eyeing anyone wiht a camera.

blackflag_Rms13
12-23-2005, 01:38 PM
It's funny that the USAF would sponsor this event when they recently issued this statement banning drifting...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/mccool318/Bullshit1.jpg

http://tinyurl.com/dboyx

I realize it's for airmen in Okinawa but still, they don't seem to be embracing the sport elsewhere. Overall they don't support Drifting or D1 at all, they just view it as a way to advertise themselves to a new group of people, which is not at all a suprise in my opinion.

kognition
12-23-2005, 02:04 PM
:goyou: WOW.

It's funny that the USAF would sponsor this event when they recently issued this statement banning drifting...

I realize it's for airmen in Okinawa but still, they don't seem to be embracing the sport elsewhere. Overall they don't support Drifting or D1 at all, they just view it as a way to advertise themselves to a new group of people, which is not at all a suprise in my opinion.

-usmd-180sx
12-23-2005, 02:08 PM
:stupid:

good info man... wow.. now I think totally differently about the whole situation.. More strongly towards what I originally was thinking..:nono:

Flipzide
12-23-2005, 02:10 PM
lol i never would have thought that the military would "ban" drifting XD

psychoblue23
12-23-2005, 02:27 PM
thats fucken classic...

kognition
12-23-2005, 07:22 PM
I really want to believe it was all done above board. I certainly believe an American can win. I am going to leave it alone, because i really don't even want to think about it. And i seriously find it very hard to believe that the Japanese drivers would even get involved in some lame kind of crap like that. I don't want to believe it. I hope J.R. can keep it up. I am very proud to see a US driver win.
Maybe the Japanese drivers had a tough time with the reversal of the track layout. Who knows.

infinitexsound
12-23-2005, 09:33 PM
lol thats funny that a memo came out and the sponsorship deal........ what a load of crap...

p11driver
12-24-2005, 12:32 AM
where is that air force letter from? doesnt make sence because why would the air force be the main sponsor for d1....?

oh shit! check out the new air force reserve d1 entry!!!!!
http://www.afreserve.com/racing/touring_carspecs.asp

s14dr1ft3r
01-01-2006, 10:47 AM
Thats hilarious. I've been in the military for a little while now and I've learned that the military has a reason for doing everything they do ... even if its stupid. They probably had someone from that particular base get hurt/killed in a drifting "event" and that memo is what came of it. But you notice that it only applies to Okinawa. Not the US. Last I checked, there was no ban for drifting from ANY branch of the military in the states. Lets just hope its not a trend that carries over here from Okinawa ... or at least the Navy doesnt decide to jump on that wagon.