PDA

View Full Version : aftermarket flywheel for ca18det?

jt1583
12-11-2005, 08:46 PM
looking for any aftermarket flywheel (jun, toda, etc) for ca18det and Id like to stay in the states, not takakaira. anyone have one / know of a dealer or place? if I have to go takakaira, how are they with shipping times?

sideview_180sx
12-11-2005, 11:59 PM
check out JWT (jim wolf technology) they have a flywheel that fits KA,VG, and CA it has the bolt pattern for all of them.

sdtouge
12-12-2005, 12:22 AM
i dont think ka is the same bolt pattern
plus then youll need some wierd starter deal too im guessing

jt
just resrface
flywheel takes too long
dont do sr flywheel trust me on this one
my car started so nasty when i had that
like people woujld be all ZOMG!

you can get one through clutch masters, its a clutch/flywhel combo nice about 800$/

sLiDewAys
12-12-2005, 11:14 AM
jun makes one, www.kts-web.com makes one, knightrider says JWT ucan use sr flwyheel and z32tt clutch kit together just have to grind out stub in bellhousing.

there are a few more but search here

www.takakaira.co.jp for all your ca needs

www.raretrick.com also has some parts.

sideview_180sx
12-13-2005, 01:56 AM
A guy from jwt is using it on his CA. It has the patterns for all previously mentioned engines. The problem with starting is because the flywheel teeth are awkward. Your fault for using it.

sdtouge
12-13-2005, 05:30 PM
my fualt for using it?
i knew what i was getting into
the guy is jordan
i was running a similar setup
people this its just bolt on
when in fact is really is NOT.

and the 200sx started needed for this setup has one tooth to many. its not just "awkward" becuase they havent met or something gay trying to explain it when you ahve no clue what your talking about.

ca19det
12-14-2005, 12:37 PM
you can use the SR20DET S13 Flyhweel, but you must use the CA20 reduction type starter, the KA flywheel will not work, nor the VG..

i was talking to a machine shop and they said they can take a SR one and put the CA starter ring gear on it so i can use the CA starter, i didnt want to destroy a perfectly good SR lightweight TODA flywheel or anything, was thinking if anyone thought or ever saw this done??

i have been looking at the ones on yahoo japan auctions, shipping = eek!