PDA

View Full Version : Drift spots around Glendale?

ALTRNTV
12-07-2005, 05:22 PM
Where are some of your secret drift spots around the Glendale area? I need to get some practice in. :hsdance:

Just Kidding. :wiggle: :coold:

I might be moving to the Glendale area next year in February due to a job opening there at Farmer's Insurance. I heard Glendale is an expensive place to live. What cities around the area are not too expensive, but still a good place to live, meaning not too much violence, illegal activity, carjackings, etc. I know this is LA , so there's no way of getting around those things, but I just want to feel a bit safe.

The cities I know that are nearby are Burbank, Highland Park, Eagle Rock, Pasadena, Duarte, Monrovia, West Covina, and Echo Park (I already know how bad it it there). If I do get the job, I would be willing to commute 30 minutes each way.

I want your insight on this. Thanks.

94cc0rd
12-07-2005, 05:42 PM
Pasadena is probably just as expensive if not more expensive... Although you might be able to find some cheap apartments... If it's just you. But I'm still young and I don't know much about apartments and what makes them good or what not. But I live in Arcadia which is right in between Pasadena and Monrovoa. Lot's of Asians here but is a nice and safe community. Although the new mall has brought a lot more unwanted traffic in the area.

My friend lives in Glendale and he got his window bashed and system stolen on his Celica in his Own freaking parking garage in his apartment. A few other cars in the same structure got broken into as well. He has a fixed up evo now so i dunno how he sleeps at night...

You might want to look into the La Crescenta or La Canada areas.. I have another friend who has a nice house in La Canada and the neighborhood is very nice and quiet. Might be expensive though...

ALTRNTV
12-07-2005, 05:45 PM
Well, if it all works out, me and my friends are going to get an apartment somewhere, if not, then I guess I'll just find a room to rent somewhere around the area.

I'll look more into Arcadia and La Crescenta.

Also, I want to go to a community college around there. I would have to find one that offers Criminal Justice courses, as that is my major. Any JC's around there that offer that?

s13 dirk
12-07-2005, 10:24 PM
PCC has one but CSULA has the best CJ program on the west coast. I'm going there now. There are also building the most high tech crime lab on the west coast on campus. It will be shared with Sheriff, PD's, and I think FBI.

as for locations...try checking Silverlake and Los Feliz. Eagle rock is a really nice area between Glendale and Pasadena. Highland park could be another option (although not the nicest of areas). What about Alhambra?

DP_Michelle G
12-08-2005, 01:15 AM
cops are dicks in Alhambra. dena's chill i live there just stay away from summit. you can also check out altadena. some parts of Highland Park are cool to stay. if your going for Criminal Justice check out rio hondo.; and Arcadia is expensive. if your looking for a place you should check out westsiderentals (www.westsiderentals.com) it's cost's 60 bucks i think but you get it back if you dont find a place in 60 days

ALTRNTV
12-08-2005, 01:38 AM
PCC has one

PCC, meaning Pasadena City College right? I'd go to CSULA, but as of now, I'm only going to a JC.

Any more insight?

Thanks for those who posted. :rawk:

s13 dirk
12-08-2005, 02:44 AM
if you're sticking to a JC then check out what Pasadena City College (PCC) and Rio Hondo have to offer. I know if you take a few CJ courses at PCC, you can take a firearms class there. My sister did it and I have a great picture of her firing a 12 gauge. :rawk:

ALTRNTV
12-08-2005, 02:49 AM
Rio Hondo huh, never heard of that city. I'll go check it out.

EDIT: I found that it's located in Whittier.

ramblux
12-08-2005, 02:57 AM
Rio Hondo huh, never heard of that city. I'll go check it out.

Rio Hondo isn't a city, it's a community college in Whittier. I'd recommend PCC if given a choice, or even Citrus College in Glendora. Rio Hondo is quite a drive from Glendale anyway.

ALTRNTV
12-08-2005, 03:07 AM
Yea, I just searched for it online.

After reading up on PCC, sounds like a good school.

ramblux
12-08-2005, 03:17 AM
It is... a lot of good transfer courses too. Some of the other local colleges use PCC for overflow students, and they share some of the same faculty.

ALTRNTV
12-08-2005, 03:22 AM
Any hot ladies there? That's always the #1 thing in picking out a school. Hahaha
:rawk:

JK

Ok, now I have to find a place to live.

Dousan_PG
12-08-2005, 03:24 AM
armenian chicks
and then deal with their brothers...'bro', 'my friend'
you'll hear that a lot in glendale

crazyikimasho
12-08-2005, 08:54 AM
I keep hearing about the Armenians being everywhere in Glendale, but havent seen any of the chicks yet.

darren240
12-08-2005, 01:55 PM
PCC -> pacman city college :tweak:

ALTRNTV
12-08-2005, 02:47 PM
I also heard about alot of Armenians in that general area.

How's Pasadena for rent rates?

94cc0rd
12-08-2005, 04:20 PM
Glendale = Aremenian
Arcadia = Chinese
La Crescenta = Korean
La Canada = White
Pasadena = Mix

hahahaa that's how I classify those cities... (not trying to be racist or whatever though..)

Var
12-08-2005, 05:41 PM
armenian chicks
and then deal with their brothers...'bro', 'my friend'
you'll hear that a lot in glendale

HAHAHAHA..so true. Better stay away from their sisters or at least dont let them find out.

Var
12-08-2005, 05:45 PM
http://www.flashtoon.org/vonovon.htm

http://www.flashtoon.org/thebest.htm

El Rey
12-08-2005, 07:21 PM
Check out the North end of San Gabriel and Alhambra. Rent isn't too bad, and it is between both the 10 and the 210 freeways. Also it's only a few minutes drive North to Oldtown Pasadena.

theicecreamdan
12-08-2005, 09:56 PM
I like Pasadena.

ALTRNTV
12-08-2005, 11:54 PM
Pasadena's a nice city, but expensive from what I've heard. I don't mind living in another city, because PCC sounds like a good school. I'll also be working in Glendale, so they're about 10 minutes from each other.

How much do studios run around in this area? I'll be fine with a studio or a cheap one-bedroom apartment.

s13 dirk
12-09-2005, 01:17 PM
PCC -> pacman city college :tweak:

or People's College of China!

:squint:

EchoOfSilence
12-10-2005, 05:57 PM
PCC has one of the highest transfer rates to 4-years, next to SMC. GCC isn't that bad.
Echo Park isn't that bad either, just don't be stupid. Los Feliz is pretty nice, just a bit expensive for housing, very little violence.
Burbank is really close to glendale, Eagle Rock is pretty nice, it's close to Occidental College but be prepared for whitewashed pilipinos. Duarte's near irwindale, so it isn't close. Pasadena's expensive. Glendale itself is nice and not that expensive, and not much violence.
If you're gonna be really cheap, try echo park, but just make a good decision as to where it is, its neighborhood, and how/where you'll park.
Anything else is pretty white or horribly whitewashed.

and there's a really big parking lot behind best buy on los feliz.. great to park.

ALTRNTV
12-10-2005, 06:39 PM
and there's a really big parking lot behind best buy on los feliz.. great to park.

Great to park huh? I gotta go check that out. Hahaha

I really like the Eagle Rock area, my ex gf used to live around there, so I know the area. I think I have my mind set to PCC.

drift freaq
12-10-2005, 06:48 PM
ok heres the deal echo park in the hills is nice. get into the flats and your getting into what used to be pretty bad gang territory. It has cleaned up in the last 6 years though as Los Feliz and Silver Lake have gone up in price. I live in Los Feliz. Its considered to be one of the nicest neighborhoods in Los Angeles . Girls can walk around safely at night. Rents though have really soared in the last 3-4 years. We do see the Armenians at the Coffee Bean as well but ya you see the hot Armenian girls there too as well as Japanese, Korean, Movie stars, Rock stars etc..... hahhahahhahhaha. Glendale is a hope skip and a jump over the river. No one has mentioned Atwater Village. Its another area that has come up. Its right between Los Feliz and Glendale and borders Silverlake and Highland Park. Its like a step down from Los Feliz/Silver lake but a step up from Highland Park. Check it out my friend got a one bedroom with a garage for $750 over there.

ALTRNTV
12-10-2005, 06:52 PM
No one has mentioned Atwater Village. Its another area that has come up. Its right between Los Feliz and Glendale and borders Silverlake and Highland Park. Its like a step down from Los Feliz/Silver lake but a step up from Highland Park. Check it out my friend got a one bedroom with a garage for $750 over there.

Atwater Village eh.. $750 for a one bedroom with garage? Good price I say, I'll look into that.

Thanks for the help guys! Keep em coming.

EchoOfSilence
12-10-2005, 08:04 PM
Oh yeah, i forgot about atwater. It's been renovating and going through a beautification project for quite a bit reccently. My friend lived there, and she had a nice house. not that expensive, either. Mind you, i went to high school in the los feliz/atwater/echo park area, so i guess i know it pretty well.

Hey driftfreaq... i'm finally back in LA. Vadim, you and I should chill sometime.

enen11
12-11-2005, 02:30 AM
frog town is mainly armenians and also filipinos. commercial area is pretty nice ie glendale galleria area. but neighborhood for the most part i know of is bad.

crazyikimasho
12-11-2005, 06:19 AM
make sure you check out Craigslist, tons of good listings there for all those areas

FaLKoN240
12-11-2005, 12:03 PM
I'm learning so much about So Cal. . .