PDA

View Full Version : damaged exhaust?

sifu
12-05-2005, 11:08 AM
so i went to go check up on my manual swap at the shop and i looked at my exhaust and found a dent in the tip. should i tell them to pay for it? or what should i do? how could i have proof that they did it

crioten
12-05-2005, 11:34 AM
of course they should pay for it...

how to get them to pay for it depends on what their business practices are like...

if you raise a big enough stink, they should take care of you

trsilvias13
12-05-2005, 11:50 AM
do say anything till your car is done, otherwise they just might do a mickey mouse job to compensate for what they pay out to u ( that if they pay)

orion::S14
12-05-2005, 05:19 PM
A large dent, i.e. 2 long, and crimped in half so the exhaust flow is blocked...or a small flat spot onthe bottom of the tip like they dropped it off the hangers from 18" off the ground?

Big dent = ask for some compensation...maybe a store credit?

Small dent = get over it...do your own work in the future, so if something gets messed up...it's YOUR fault.

- Brian

NemeGuero
12-05-2005, 11:20 PM
A large dent, i.e. 2 long, and crimped in half so the exhaust flow is blocked...or a small flat spot onthe bottom of the tip like they dropped it off the hangers from 18" off the ground?

Big dent = ask for some compensation...maybe a store credit?

Small dent = get over it...do your own work in the future, so if something gets messed up...it's YOUR fault.

- Brian
word!!

projectRDM
12-06-2005, 02:01 AM
Brian has spoken.