PDA

View Full Version : Guy will give anyone 100 dollars if you know this song..

Eternal_240Sx
12-04-2005, 02:16 PM
Suppositly this guy was been searching for the name of this song for 15 years.
Well heres the link,
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=338897

well if you know it you get 100 dollars.

But i havent been able to find anything about it.

ThatGuy
12-04-2005, 02:22 PM
1. You are not logged in. Fill in the form at the bottom of this page and try again.
2. You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
3. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

I'm not signing up. Even $100 isn't worth me subjecting myself to Honda owners. :rofl:

Phlip
12-04-2005, 02:23 PM
I could go for a facecard right now, but that link requires that I sign up for a forum, which I DON'T need right now

lucky7
12-04-2005, 02:27 PM
i refuse to register.

copy/paste perhaps?

Eternal_240Sx
12-04-2005, 02:28 PM
hmm thats funny cause i posted links to this forum before with no signup required to view. I guess they just put that in.

Copy and pasted:
...the name of a song I've been looking for for 14 years. I don't know why I never thought about asking Club RSX to help me until now, but here's the deal. In the spring of 1992, I heard a song pretty often whenever my dad was driving my family around. It was on the easy listening station in Orange County, KOST 103.5. The name of this song, though, has escaped me. It was a really gay song, but it's been one of those things where you just want closure to a trivial, open-ended mystery.

There's a catch, though. I can't remember anything about the song, aside from the notes that made up the melody. I can't remember who sang it, what any of the words were, or what the song was about. I can play the melody on the piano, though, so I'll record that after I post this. Here are some other small things I can remember:

-I'm pretty sure it was sung by a male.
-It sounded very French... with the melody being played by an accordian, and there was probably some sort of string arrangement. It was very happy and gay sounding, like something being played for a merry-go-round.
-Other songs that were on the playlist for the station back then were Peter Cetera's "Even A Fool Can See," UB40's "I Can't Help Falling in Love with You," and "Red Red Wine."

No joke. If you can find out what song it is, I'll send you $100 via Pay Pal, or money order, or whichever way you want. I have to warn you, though. I've contacted the radio station about it in past years, and they've spent months trying to figure it out for me without any luck. They could've simply pulled up the playlist for March of 1992, but unfortunately, their archives were lost in a fire 6 years ago. But the station manager, who worked there, is still to this day trying to figure it out. So it won't be easy... but hey, if you can find it, it's a nice $100 for you.

I'm gonna go record the song with my crappy laptop microphone and digital piano and post a link to the wav file for you to listen to.

EDIT:

Here's the link to the melody I played/recorded on my piano:
http://www.reyngel.com/mysterysong.mp3

RazoE
12-06-2005, 10:43 PM
hhmm hmm hiiiim...

Nan Desu Ka?!
12-07-2005, 01:33 PM
linky no workie

ramblux
12-07-2005, 03:35 PM
hhmm hmm hiiiim...

HAHAHAHA!!!!!

OMG, I can't believe someone else remembers that episode of Married with Children! lol

Eternal_240Sx
12-07-2005, 08:31 PM
linky no workie

i guess it doesnt matter anymore, someone found the song.

turned out to be

http://media.putfile.com/The-Rascals---How-Can-I-Be-Sure