PDA

View Full Version : owned by peanut butter

Andrew Bohan
11-28-2005, 04:16 PM
SAGUENAY, Quebec (AP) -- A 15-year-old girl with a peanut allergy died after kissing her boyfriend, who had just eaten a peanut butter snack, hospital officials said Monday.

Christina Desforges died in a Quebec hospital Wednesday after doctors were unable to treat her allergic reaction to the kiss the previous weekend.

Desforges, who lived in Saguenay, about 155 miles north of Quebec City, was almost immediately given a shot of Adrenaline, a standard tool for treating the anaphylactic shock brought on by a peanut allergy, officials said.

An autopsy was being performed. Dr. Nina Verreault, an allergist at the Chicoutimi Hospital in Saguenay, declined to comment on the case.

The symptoms of peanut allergy can include hives, plunging blood pressure and swelling of the face and throat, which can block breathing.

Peanut allergies have been rising in recent decades. The reason remains unclear, but one study found that baby creams or lotions with peanut oil may cause children to develop allergies later in life.

About 1.5 million Americans are severely allergic to even the smallest trace of peanuts and peanut allergies account for 50 to 100 deaths in the United States each year. Canadian figures were not immediately available.

Copyright 2005 The Associated Press (http://www.cnn.com/interactive_legal.html#AP). All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

sw20>>s14
11-28-2005, 04:21 PM
did the boyfriend not know she was allergic? or did they think it wasnt that severe? sux...

OdessaS13
11-28-2005, 04:26 PM
Copyright 2005 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

hopefully this thread wont be owned by the law offices of associate press

but yeah, seriously how the fuc do you die from a penut butter kiss?!?! :tweak: stupid justice system will probably try to prove that the boy knew about her allergies and crap and jail his ass.

EchoOfSilence
11-28-2005, 04:31 PM
damn. I'd be mindfucked to be that dude at that age

SilviaNinja240
11-28-2005, 04:38 PM
oh man! What a way to go. That's really sad :(

unwed_transient
11-28-2005, 04:53 PM
of all the ways to die...

TiNMAN
11-28-2005, 05:41 PM
i had a kid in my 4th grade class that couldnt be in the same room as a jar of peanut butter! shit was crazy son!

theicecreamdan
11-28-2005, 06:27 PM
kiss of death!
FINISH HER

thats freaky shit, i'm glad im not allergic to anything.

Tenchuu
11-28-2005, 10:11 PM
talk about not getting any for a while. poor guy. on the bright side if that was his wife and they had a heafty life insurance policy............ wonder if she has a sister with the same allergy.

SpeedMonkeyInc
11-28-2005, 10:21 PM
http://www.essentialaction.org/tobacco/photos/kiss2.jpg

Ghettokracker71
11-28-2005, 10:25 PM
Thats so fucked up speedmonkey! wow you know her boyfriend was like "goddamnit,she woulda put out if only I didn't have that goddamn peanut butter _____"

Poor guy

SpeedMonkeyInc
11-29-2005, 12:52 AM
Yeah, you know what they say..... there is no right way to eat a Reese's

http://yhspatriot.yorktown.arlington.k12.va.us/depts/wfs/foodsquest/reeses.jpg

CaoBoY
11-29-2005, 02:32 AM
the man with the peanut butter kiss...the next serial killer movie!

2iv0 sx
11-29-2005, 02:38 AM
dang Reese's peanut butter sounds good right now!

!Zar!
11-29-2005, 04:39 AM
:stupid: This thread makes me feel hungry and I have the need to kiss someone. But that dude must be afraid to kiss chicks after that.

Var
11-29-2005, 10:33 AM
I hope my dog's not allergic to peanut butter cause i dont have a dog. <---:wtf:

ranisron
11-29-2005, 01:18 PM
how come in North America there are many people allergic to various things?

sad to the girl and boy.

peanut better +1

Ghostdrifter
11-29-2005, 08:27 PM
http://www.essentialaction.org/tobacco/photos/kiss2.jpg LMAO!!!!!

That's fucked up, but funny as hell

wootwoot
11-29-2005, 09:00 PM
stupid justice system will probably try to prove that the boy knew about her allergies and crap and jail his ass.

Naw this was in Canada, only America is really fucked like that.
Think he will ever kiss a girl again?

420sx
11-30-2005, 08:47 AM
Kiss Of Death...... dude's private life is ruined now

Jcb890
11-30-2005, 08:56 AM
how come in North America there are many people allergic to various things?

sad to the girl and boy.

peanut better +1

think about what you just said and then get back to us... there's people all around the world that are allergic to shit. just because you dont see it doesnt mean its not there.

ranisron
11-30-2005, 10:16 AM
back in Mainland China, people don't get many allergies, because due to the harsh (comparing to US standards) environments and living standards, people get immuned to some of the very common allergies. When was the last time I got allergies?? when I was in NYC, living 5 blocks away from ground zero (dust dust dust).

Here in the middle of the cornfield (IN), I don't think I could ever get allergies.

wingsnthangs
11-30-2005, 01:45 PM
but yeah, seriously how the fuc do you die from a penut butter kiss?!?!
Seriously, people are just highly allergic to different things. Never underestimate the power of human immune response, whether its on the digestive tract, respiratory tract, or even the skin (in this case, lips).

I had a roommate who is allergic to fur, dairy products, soy, peanuts/legumes, and other common allergens such as ragweed and pollen. He drank rice milk that had a certain protein compound he was also allergic to and passed out from a reaction while he was running. Another jogger spotted him, called the paramedics who gave him an epinephrine injection before taking him to the ER. Serious stuff, guys.

Devastating to people who have to deal with it, including whoever knew that girl.

Cash
12-02-2005, 10:55 AM
Yea, that's really sad. Have you ever noticed that on some candy labels it says that the product may have come in contact with peanut, cocunut, etc. b/c they're made in the same factory and contact some of the same equipment? that just shows how sensitive some people are to allergins. I cant imagine having to live like that, always super cautious about what you eat or come into contact with because you know it could kill you.

ciGARRETTsRbad4u
12-02-2005, 05:40 PM
Is it wrong to want a Reeses Peanut Butter Cup after reading this?