PDA

View Full Version : Help me (so cal) and i'll give you a cusco strut bar/traction arms

captain hammerite
11-20-2005, 06:38 PM
Good evening everyone. I'm new to nissan, and i recently embarked on an sr20det redtop swap in to an s13 fastback. Needless to say, it was pretty hard for my first time.

I was able to pull everything off until it came to the wiring, ugh...i hate it.

I wired the ECU to the dash harness like said, and i wired the 3 KA plugs in to the 2 SR plugs like i was told to. All said and done, and my car won't rev passed 2500 rpms, but it idles well.

YES I KNOW this is a MAFS problem...but i can't see where i messed up. I extended the 3 MAFS wires to reach the other side of the bay, and plugged it in but i still can't rev passed 2500 rpms.

If anybody would kindly help me finish the wiring on my swap, you will be GIVEN a real JDM cusco bar and traction rods; they came with the front clip . Remember, you have to be able to get this thing running right, though...otherwise don't waste your time.

AIM: Stiffedgdbeatnut cell # 213 453 9880 Ulysses Located in Los Angeles, CA

cotbu
11-20-2005, 06:52 PM
You have a boost leak. Check all vacuum lines and intercooler piping including BOV\BPV.
No backing out with the you have to be able to get this thing running right, though blah blah
Send me my strut bar and traction rods!!!!!!!!!!

apxlink
11-20-2005, 07:58 PM
come by my friend's shop and i'll have him take a look at it...but unfortunately u might have to wait cuz hes in the middle of a few other swaps

captain hammerite
11-20-2005, 08:50 PM
where is it located?

fliprayzin240sx
11-20-2005, 10:35 PM
change the damn maf or clean the damn thing if your sure it aint the wires.

mrmephistopheles
11-20-2005, 10:46 PM
make sure you soldered the MAF wiring (not butt-spliced). Your MAF reading will be faulty if it's not soldered.

cotbu
11-21-2005, 01:27 AM
Why do people splice into the Sr harness for the MAFS? Someone leet told me too!!
If you strip your KA harness remove the MAFS section,unpin it from ecu plug. Then all you have to do is plug it into the sr's ECU plug!
NO SPLICING!!!! and it will reach

You didn't mention alot of stuff, like the black\white or grey smoke which means your gonna have to change your plugs after you rewire your mafs. Because you have a boost leak not a mafs problem
Send me my strut bar and traction rods!!!!!!!!!!

Although if you can get a MAFS code by removing the sensor wire (white), I'd say for sure you mafs is functioning well enough to run above 2500 rpm. Which means something else is wrong. Boost leak
Does the car run the same with MAFS disconnected Boost Leak, try another mafs boost leak.....