PDA

View Full Version : Oh yea, 50 is SOOOO Gangsta!

exitspeed
11-15-2005, 01:56 PM
Look at this shit. What a joke. Yup he;s making money. But damn what a sell-out. I dunno. For as hard as he acted at first I just keep loosing more and more respect for him. Don't get me wrong improving your life is what it's all about. Espeically if you came from the gutter and made your way up. But seriously he can't keep talking about being all gangsta and shit. What are you gonna do 50? Through your novels at people in a drive-by?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051115/ap_en_ot/50_cent_book_deal

dizastaman
11-15-2005, 02:20 PM
hes got a damn video game comin out soon to. whats next, exersize tapes? i can see it now.........fitness make gangsta by fitty basedow.

A Spec Products
11-15-2005, 02:31 PM
I'm as big a hater as the next guy, but you cant hate, dude's trying to cash out, can't blame him. He's stretching his 15 minutes and building way more haters than supporters.

The Game is way hotter than fittee. Bringing back the West Coast, so ill.

300 bars and runnin was a classic. DJ Skee!

G-U-not!

Romeyo07
11-15-2005, 02:40 PM
It seems as if you can't become sucessful without someone getting upset about it. With all that money coming in, I could really give a care if anyone hated me. They're striking while the iron's hot, and I don't blame them one bit.

AndysAutoSport
11-15-2005, 02:41 PM
I'm as big a hater as the next guy, but you cant hate, dude's trying to cash out, can't blame him. He's stretching his 15 minutes and building way more haters than supporters.

G-U-not!

I like 50-cent, he reminds me of Blues Clues haha.....300 bars and runnin' killed them. I'm a G-Unit toy soldier, doing voice overs for sesame street haha.....

anyway, whatever the case he's gettin' rich or he's going to die trying. More power to him, gotta get that money!

exitspeed
11-15-2005, 02:47 PM
It seems as if you can't become sucessful without someone getting upset about it. With all that money coming in, I could really give a care if anyone hated me. They're striking while the iron's hot, and I don't blame them one bit.

Yea, but at the same time some like Jay-Z is getting wealthier then 50 ever will, yet he doesn't loose his cred on the streets.

Jcb890
11-15-2005, 02:48 PM
The Game is horrendous. 50 Cent's CDs since Get Rich or Die Tryin aren't hilariously gangster anymore, they're just fucking terrible. About 95% of mainstream rap is shitty music.

exitspeed
11-15-2005, 02:54 PM
The Game is horrendous. 50 Cent's CDs since Get Rich or Die Tryin aren't hilariously gangster anymore, they're just fucking terrible. About 95% of mainstream rap is shitty music.

Yup! it's a shitty time for rap. I am now having to broaden my horizens because I don't like hardly anything nowadays. I used to go to Best Buy and spend an hour trying to decide which CD I wanted to get cause there were so many. Now, I can't think of any new CD I don't have that I would like to pick up. I would still like to pick up all the older stuff i didn't get back in the day.

Jcb890
11-15-2005, 02:58 PM
Yup! it's a shitty time for rap. I am now having to broaden my horizens because I don't like hardly anything nowadays. I used to go to Best Buy and spend an hour trying to decide which CD I wanted to get cause there were so many. Now, I can't think of any new CD I don't have that I would like to pick up. I would still like to pick up all the older stuff i didn't get back in the day.

if anyone suggests Kanye West as being a good rapper... I will kill them. Kanye West is TERRIBLE. Go back to producing music instead of rapping, you suck and I hate you.

EchoOfSilence
11-15-2005, 02:59 PM
:werd: thank you. although i admit 300 bars and running was great...

they both suck. people under the stairs, grouch, mf doom, percee p...
the list of real hiphop goes on.

exitspeed
11-15-2005, 03:02 PM
if anyone suggests Kanye West as being a good rapper... I will kill them. Kanye West is TERRIBLE. Go back to producing music instead of rapping, you suck and I hate you.

He may not be a "good rapper" but he's a GREAT artist over all. His albums are original. That's why I like him. And he's not ULTR ghetto.

OptionZero
11-15-2005, 03:05 PM
+1 kanye

mike jones for teh loss

EchoOfSilence
11-15-2005, 03:11 PM
kanye can't spit complexly. his flow is only good for SOUNDING good, because it goes with the beat. so pretty much, his flow is PART of the beat.
and i'll agree, his beats are fire, and his music sounds great, but there's no lyrical skill involved.
and plus, he's big-headed as FUCK

SochBAT
11-15-2005, 03:24 PM
Mainstream is always gay. Then again, i haven't really listened to rap in years upon years. Anyone like Gavin Castleton?

revat619
11-15-2005, 03:27 PM
hahahahhaa

300 bars and runnin was pretty good though

seriously though, mainstream rap is a joke. IT SUCKS. I HATE IT. 50 cent, young buck, lloyd banks, lil jon and the east side retards, cash money, nelly, st.lunaicanttalks, etc...that stuff is TRASH. I've been saying that for years. Why people actually go out and buy a full album of that crap is beyond me. That stuff is only good for parties/clubs when you're not really listening to it anyways.

Kayne isnt the best rapper, but i will listen to him over that crunk BS or 50 cent and his g unots gangster lifestyle and delusions of granduer anyday of the week. Atleast part of the time kanye's actually saying something.

50 cent and friends = "we're gangsta (supposedly), we're rich, and we will keep reapeating our same tired ass story EVERY FRIGGN ALBUM WE PUT OUT or die tryin" regardless of how embelleshed our stories may seem.

Lil jon and friends = "we cant make a concise sentence without screaming an interjection to save our lives. All of our baselines are exactly the same, we just change the pitch on our drum machine. There's no substance whatsoever in our lyrics, so to compensate we'll make up a name for this crap and call it crunk. Is that okaaaaay? Yeeeeeaaaah."

and how could i forget Mike Jones! = "I dont have anything remotely close to lyrical substance, but i want to tell you my name as OFTEN AS I FRIGGIN CAN so that you dont forgot who the ass clown is that you're listening to. I can rhyme a lot of stuff with my name and phone number so that should be good enough right?"

mainstream, i swear...I hate mtv.

undercoverdjay
11-15-2005, 04:01 PM
support them all, download the movie and their music if you actually enjoy them. If not, dont bother. Thats what i do with artists these days, if i like their music ill spend my time downloading their music. regardless i dont part with my money for music, only good movies and car parts

AndysAutoSport
11-15-2005, 04:02 PM
mainstream, i swear...I hate mtv.

Whatever happened to the good 'ole MTV when they played, "Money for Nothing" from the Dire Straights. Or Depeche Mode and Madonna when she was actually good.

Man I swear MTV is a bunch of morons nowadays....I don't support that gabage....

North240
11-15-2005, 04:13 PM
Its all aimed at 12 year old suburban kids, god i can't stand it. If its on TV nowadays it sucks.

syrupninja
11-15-2005, 04:14 PM
MTV doesn't even play music anymore, with their so called 'reality' shows. Total garbage. Atmosphere, Aesop Rock and Murs are all hip hop artists I dig, along with A Tribe Called Quest and older Beastie Boys.

EchoOfSilence
11-15-2005, 04:22 PM
MTV doesn't even play music anymore, with their so called 'reality' shows. Total garbage. Atmosphere, Aesop Rock and Murs are all hip hop artists I dig, along with A Tribe Called Quest and older Beastie Boys.
:werd:

mtv was once the channel for good music. then it fucked up

atom
11-15-2005, 04:53 PM
:werd:

mtv was once the channel for good music. then it fucked up

How did MTV (or I guess MTV2, which is what MTV used to be) fuck up? They have ALWAYS played whatever was popular. In the 80's it was sissy pop like depeche mode, George Michael, tears for fears, etc. Then when grunge was in they flooded the airwaves with that. Now that this stupid southern "Whaaat!!!! YEEEEAAAAHHH!!! Mike Jones!!!!" hip hop is popular, they seem to play that a lot now.

Don't blame MTV, blame America because MTV is only playing the crap people want to hear.

syrupninja
11-15-2005, 05:08 PM
How did MTV (or I guess MTV2, which is what MTV used to be) fuck up? They have ALWAYS played whatever was popular. In the 80's it was sissy pop like depeche mode, George Michael, tears for fears, etc. Then when grunge was in they flooded the airwaves with that. Now that this stupid southern "Whaaat!!!! YEEEEAAAAHHH!!! Mike Jones!!!!" hip hop is popular, they seem to play that a lot now.

Don't blame MTV, blame America because MTV is only playing the crap people want to hear.

How they fucked up is that music is maybe an hour or two of their programming every day.

atom
11-15-2005, 05:20 PM
How they fucked up is that music is maybe an hour or two of their programming every day.

Thats why I included MTV2, since thats the sister station to MTV that actually plays music videos now.

drifter808
11-15-2005, 05:20 PM
The only time they have music on now is late at night and it usually sucks. I really used to like 50 cent but i cant stand any of that new mainstream crap.Yayo, Kanye, Ying Yang twins, and all that mike jones crap. I cant believe i payed $14.99 for that shitty mike jones CD. That could of been GAS money!

p11driver
11-15-2005, 05:37 PM
50 cent is a joke ofcourse, everyone should know. his old shit was gangster, nows hes a fag.

Game is one hard motherfucker. anyone to say otherwise has not heard the entire mixtape he came out with.(the one with 300 bars and runnin on it). that shit is so fucking sick i love it.

none the less canibus and apathy are the 2 best rappers in my book.

NemeGuero
11-15-2005, 06:11 PM
Fuck 50, Fuck MTV, Kanye's cool.. and Fuck Ja Rule! I'm out!

SilviaDriver
11-15-2005, 06:12 PM
G-unit knew they were smashed on when they came out with 300 shots.

Jcb890
11-15-2005, 07:03 PM
The Game is fucking terrible. He sucks. End of story. Kanye West is fucking trash. His rhyming SUCKS BALLS. It goes along with the beat, but thats it, just like Echo said. Ja Rule can suck my shit too, he's fucking horrendous. Mainstream rap nowadays is horrible horrible shit. Mike Jones and Lil Jon are funny for a song or 2, but how the fuck could you buy their record?

Some good rap is - A Tribe Called Quest, People Under the Stairs, Jurassic 5, The Roots, Deltron, etc.

Fallout Boy is the worst band ever. Don't even get me started on today's pop/punk/rock music... jesus fucking christ there's so much terrible shit right now.

91CRXsiR
11-15-2005, 07:05 PM

G-U-not!

is this ebonics? i can't understand anything u just said logan hahah

revat619
11-15-2005, 07:08 PM
The Game is fucking terrible. He sucks. End of story. Kanye West is fucking trash. His rhyming SUCKS BALLS. It goes along with the beat, but thats it, just like Echo said. Ja Rule can suck my shit too, he's fucking horrendous. Mainstream rap nowadays is horrible horrible shit. Mike Jones and Lil Jon are funny for a song or 2, but how the fuck could you buy their record?

Some good rap is - A Tribe Called Quest, People Under the Stairs, Jurassic 5, The Roots, Deltron, etc.

Fallout Boy is the worst band ever. Don't even get me started on today's pop/punk/rock music... jesus fucking christ there's so much terrible shit right now.

HAHAHAHAHAHA :rofl:

That is the best post in this thread by FAR! I find it hilarious how you just threw fallout boy out there outta nowhere. So random, but you're so pissed off! LOL

Jcb890
11-15-2005, 07:12 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHA :rofl:

That is the best post in this thread by FAR! I find it hilarious how you just threw fallout boy out there. So random, but you're so pissed off! LOL

oh god... i fucking hate them. and its even worse because i play Madden '06, which has the worst soundtrack for a game i've ever played between Fallout Boy, Avenged Sevenfold, Finch, and a whole slew of other horrible bands.

i decided that this thread was going in the wrong direction and i am quite inspired by my hatred for terrible music... so i made a new one so we can all bitch about bands/performers we hate - http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?p=858855

Irukandji
11-15-2005, 07:53 PM
Cant spell CRAP without RAP

but some rap is good, like Bone Thugz, 2pac, and Dre

exitspeed
11-15-2005, 08:31 PM
Cant spell CRAP without RAP

but some rap is good, like Bone Thugz, 2pac, and Dre

Old school shit is were it's at!

ALTRNTV
11-15-2005, 09:28 PM
The Game eats 50 alive. I don't usually listen to mainstream rap, only when I'm in the clubs, where I have no choice.

I love Nas. He keeps it real with his street talk music. He's one of my favorite, if not, all time favorite emcees.

Jcb890
11-15-2005, 09:37 PM
The Game eats 50 alive. I don't usually listen to mainstream rap, only when I'm in the clubs, where I have no choice.

I love Nas. He keeps it real with his street talk music. He's one of my favorite, if not, all time favorite emcees.

i'll second your Nas motion. he's good.

syrupninja
11-15-2005, 09:42 PM
Word on J5 and The Roots. Dilated Peoples, Blackalicious, Mos Def is awesome, Blackstar, Madvillain

ALTRNTV
11-15-2005, 09:47 PM
Here are others who kick ass:

-Nas
-Jurassic 5
-Dilated Peoples
-Mos Def
-Mobb Deep (before)
-Common
-Talib Kweli

EchoOfSilence
11-15-2005, 10:36 PM
Word on J5 and The Roots. Dilated Peoples, Blackalicious, Mos Def is awesome, Blackstar, Madvillain
yeah, mf doom is the shit. add madlib? i'm there.

Illmatic was one of the illest albums ever recorded. I try to ignore Stillmatic, that album was shit. everything after that was pretty good again.

and Crown City Rockers are the fucking shit.
Heiroglyphics are cool too

Jcb890
11-15-2005, 10:49 PM
some people with good tastes in rap here. nice guys. Dilated Peoples and Heiroglyphics are awesome.

Ghettokracker71
11-15-2005, 10:51 PM
Finally somebody else who likes talib kweli! And yes, I am sick of 50,too. I liked his original album,get rich or die trying,then the massacre just sucks the cock. And,at least name your movie and soundtrack something other than the name of your first "real" album!!! jackass!!! How many other things are going to be named "get rich or die trying" jesus christ...retard.

Back to topic: I can't blame 50 for chasing the money and getting more pubilicity. The way stars are today..."the only bad publicity,is no publicity"

P.S. I have mike jones album too! haha,I actually listen to it on occaisan...but then again...I also have paul walls cd :ugh:

HyperTek
11-15-2005, 11:03 PM
i hate crunk movement ant the whole mass of crunk movement... unless when im drunk at the club and freakin with some chick.. even if she is ugly..

ALTRNTV
11-15-2005, 11:06 PM
Aaahh.. don't get me started on crunk..

Yeaa!! OKKK!!!!

STFU.

NemeGuero
11-15-2005, 11:11 PM
BlackStar is fuckin' incredible.. saw them in concert night after halloween!!
Common, KRS-One, De La Soul, J5, Heiro, Roots.. I can keep going but that generalizes my taste

MEisGQ
11-15-2005, 11:19 PM
havent been checkin up on kweli and mos def... but blackstar comin back with a new album? or was this a while back? and yes... crown city rockers is the shit.... in a good way.

BlackStar is fuckin' incredible.. saw them in concert night after halloween!!
Common, KRS-One, De La Soul, J5, Heiro, Roots.. I can keep going but that generalizes my taste

NemeGuero
11-15-2005, 11:37 PM
No, that was earlier this month. November 1st 2005. They did all their old stuff though.. nothing new. So maybe they're just trying to keep it low? I hope they drop a new album soon...

syrupninja
11-15-2005, 11:54 PM
Chopped and screwed shit is total garbage. I live in Dallas, and apparently DJ Screw was from Houston or some shit, people used to blare that shit. I'd rather be hit repeatedly in the forehead with a ball peen hammer.

420sx
11-15-2005, 11:54 PM
hmm i think i have 50 cent somewhere in my car. no, wait, i think i spend it on gas. just like his rap, it was worth 1/5 of a gallon og premium

kazuo
11-16-2005, 12:08 AM
I have to butt in, being the hiphop conniseur that I am.

Kweli sucks w/o Mos Def, Mos Def sucks without Kweli, the only good CD Nas ever made was "Illmatic," and even that was overrated (Yeah, I said it), Kanye is a good producer but a horrible lyricist, what the fuck happened to Snoop? He sucks now, Fifty and The Game suck donkey balls, and Gang Starr owns all of you.

kthx.

As far as the books are concerned, and Fifty's "selling out," hey man, if I was in his position, I'd try to cash in as much as possible before I burn out, so I can live the rest of my life comfortably with what I've made. Life is too short and far too brutal to worry about being an artist if you have the capability of getting paid.

Besides, if the books promote reading & literacy among inner-city youth, I'm all for it.

Also, MCR needs to DIAF.

p11driver
11-16-2005, 12:18 AM
Kweli sucks w/o Mos Def, Mos Def sucks without Kweli
hahah what are you talking about? As if they rap differently when they are not on the same tracks? they both are amazing rappers.

too add to the list of good rap music:
RAKIM
smoov e
wu tang
biggie
mobb deep
lords of the undergorund
last emperor
binary star
jedi mind tricks
jlive
immortal technique
eyedea
everyone in nwa
das efx
big L

to just name a few. but none the less, CANIBUS and APATHY = the best.

kingsol
11-16-2005, 12:20 AM
kazuo, amen. Talib is washed up; Mos, stuck between days of old and BEP.

as of late, all hip hop, rap, what have you, sucks. true, some are better than others, but generally most lack depth, purpose, and/or special talent.

Really, i'm done with hiphop as a genre--for now at least. As of now, and if you want to try something new: Bob, thievery corp., les nubians, and bossa nova (astrud gilberto, stan getz, and the like) is where it's at. Cuz if you ain't got nothing to say, might as well... sound good, I say.

kingsol
11-16-2005, 12:22 AM
hahah what are you talking about? As if they rap differently when they are not on the same tracks? they both WERE amazing rappers.

that's better.

p11driver
11-16-2005, 12:31 AM
true even talibs album qulaity was not that good, but everyone does change. i guess it is WERE lol.

nistech
11-16-2005, 12:41 AM
my fav rapper is Bizarre
i also like 50, mobb deep, wu tang

SRkouki
11-16-2005, 12:46 AM
when it comes to lyrical skill canibus is the greatest. in relevance to this thread, 50 cent is a fucking fag and everyone should listen to what The Game says about him. i will never pay money to see his worthless ass movie or buy his book which he undoubtably had someone else write for him.

kingsol
11-16-2005, 12:50 AM
odd, how easy it is to hate. His music (if you want to call it that), indeed, is bad, but everything you said after that is mindless dribble.

jOeHaCk98
11-16-2005, 01:07 AM
The song most appropriate for this thread is: Binary Star - Honest Expressions

nvstyles
11-16-2005, 02:23 AM
All I got to say is illmatic, 36chambers, and Lifestylez Ov Da Poor and Dangerous. Anyone heard NAS diss 50? MC Burial..NAS wasn't even trying on that track!! and word from the street is 50 was a groupie to NAS and the Bravehearts, They would call 50, Yayo, and Banks Wankstas... now whos the biter...Lyrically..Nas is #1...Heiro and Zion I are ill as well...

ALTRNTV
11-16-2005, 02:28 AM
Nas owns you!

I also read about that whole 50 and the G-Unit tribe lookin' up to Nas before. Nas is one of the few remaining "mainstream" artists keeping it real to what hip hop is all about.

Oh yea, his song Ether was major ownage. Jay-Z and him are friends now though, which is cool. I like Jay-Z.

Mr.S14
11-16-2005, 02:53 AM
ahhhhhhhh 50 cent huh? well ummmm damn the guy is a crepp enough said

Romeyo07
11-16-2005, 06:42 AM
kanye can't spit complexly. his flow is only good for SOUNDING good, because it goes with the beat. so pretty much, his flow is PART of the beat.
and i'll agree, his beats are fire, and his music sounds great, but there's no lyrical skill involved.
and plus, he's big-headed as FUCK

Kanye said it himself that he is not that type of performer and he admits he's not a freestyle type of rapper. He said he wants to put emphasis on his lyrics and beats rather than how well he can "spit lyrics". (God I hate it when people use spit like that, not attacking you, just saying in general). Personally, I care more about what's being said than how well it was delivered.

This south rap shouldn't even be considered rap.

exitspeed
11-16-2005, 07:50 AM
Nas owns you!

I also read about that whole 50 and the G-Unit tribe lookin' up to Nas before. Nas is one of the few remaining "mainstream" artists keeping it real to what hip hop is all about.

Oh yea, his song Ether was major ownage. Jay-Z and him are friends now though, which is cool. I like Jay-Z.

That shit is fresh that thier supposedly gonna get one an album together and do a concert. I have to say i think Takeover>Either. I just think Nas was a lil childish with his rhymes in either. Gay-Z. I dunno, I would said something like that in 4th grade. But it's all good now. Let's not turn this into a Nas Jay-Z thing. Cause it's OVA...

Romeyo07
11-16-2005, 08:18 AM
just like the bridge...

Jcb890
11-16-2005, 08:49 AM
Kanye said it himself that he is not that type of performer and he admits he's not a freestyle type of rapper. He said he wants to put emphasis on his lyrics and beats rather than how well he can "spit lyrics". (God I hate it when people use spit like that, not attacking you, just saying in general). Personally, I care more about what's being said than how well it was delivered.

This south rap shouldn't even be considered rap.

his lyrics suck too. kanye west is terrible. end of story. get over it, he sucks.

420sx
11-16-2005, 08:57 AM
we should start new MTV's HaTer's Ball

exitspeed
11-16-2005, 09:00 AM
his lyrics suck too. kanye west is terrible. end of story. get over it, he sucks.

I disagree. He is something fresh in the stale world of Hip Hop. Someone that more then thugs can relate to.

m0rex
11-16-2005, 09:05 AM
Yeah. All the new shit thats out sucks. They only good stuff was/is Dr. Dre, EazyE, Ice Cube, Bone Thugs, etc...

Right now i listen to a lot of Lil Rob, Mr. Sancho, more into underground.

420sx
11-16-2005, 09:07 AM
yes^. Ice cube, Dr dre, Tupac, snoop are basically classic rap. i hate new shit with a passion.

exitspeed
11-16-2005, 09:29 AM
yes^. Ice cube, Dr dre, Tupac, snoop are basically classic rap. i hate new shit with a passion.

Yea it sucks. makes me feel old that I don't like the music I grew up with. Our shit is gonna be oldies one day :hammer:

Jcb890
11-16-2005, 09:31 AM
I disagree. He is something fresh in the stale world of Hip Hop. Someone that more then thugs can relate to.

nope. he sucks.

TheWolf
11-16-2005, 10:27 AM
back on the original topic of 50cent and books... everytime I go into a barnes and noble or a booksamillion or any book store... It's always full of blacks who want to read about the hard knock gritty life fictional stories of 50 cent... I mean it's hard to get into the store sometimes... Fitty books fail.

exitspeed
11-16-2005, 10:31 AM
back on the original topic of 50cent and books... everytime I go into a barnes and noble or a booksamillion or any book store... It's always full of blacks who want to read about the hard knock gritty life fictional stories of 50 cent... I mean it's hard to get into the store sometimes... Fitty books fail.

Do I detect a hint or sarcasm??? :keke:

EchoOfSilence
11-16-2005, 10:38 AM
lmao. make the distinction between hiphop and mainstream rap.

the world of hiphop is currently way off of 'stale.' yes, things were better before, but it's far from stale. mainstream rap, on the other hand, has been stale for about a decade. Kanye is like the tip of the hiphop glacier; sounds great, but fuck... there's more shit so much better than him below his level of abstraction.

EchoOfSilence
11-16-2005, 10:41 AM
Yeah. All the new shit thats out sucks. They only good stuff was/is Dr. Dre, EazyE, Ice Cube, Bone Thugs, etc...

Right now i listen to a lot of Lil Rob, Mr. Sancho, more into underground.
:-/ to each his own. that underground isn't mine.

exitspeed
11-16-2005, 10:42 AM

the world of hiphop is currently way off of 'stale.' yes, things were better before, but it's far from stale. mainstream rap, on the other hand, has been stale for about a decade. Kanye is like the tip of the hiphop glacier; sounds great, but fuck... there's more shit so much better than him below his level of abstraction.

I would consider him mainstream but also Hip Hop. He is doing music that promots a change. Like his second album as an example. He could have easily did another album with 15 tracks of soul beats that we are usued to, but NO. He goes out on a limb and gets a composer to co-produce the album and it sounds completely different then his first album. Some may consider that a bad thing, but in my mind it means that he is always trying to evolve as an artist. Not just a "rapper".

EchoOfSilence
11-16-2005, 10:48 AM
I would consider him mainstream but also Hip Hop. He is doing music that promots a change. Like his second album as an example. He could have easily did another album with 15 tracks of soul beats that we are usued to, but NO. He goes out on a limb and gets a composer to co-produce the album and it sounds completely different then his first album. Some may consider that a bad thing, but in my mind it means that he is always trying to evolve as an artist. Not just a "rapper".
haha, i agree.

Romeyo07
11-16-2005, 11:08 AM
Hip Hop is not music, it's a culture and way of life.

exitspeed
11-16-2005, 11:17 AM
Hip Hop is not music, it's a culture and way of life.

There was a time when my life revolved around many of the elements. I never MC'd or DJ'd but I used to breakdance and did graff. and would practice breakdancing 5 or more nights a week faithfully. Everything was about hip-hop to me at that time. We constantly battled. Shit was fresh back then.

EchoOfSilence
11-16-2005, 11:21 AM
There was a time when my life revolved around many of the elements. I never MC'd or DJ'd but I used to breakdance and did graff. and would practice breakdancing 5 or more nights a week faithfully. Everything was about hip-hop to me at that time. We constantly battled. Shit was fresh back then.
yeah, i miss those days. now i'm lucky if i session once a week :cry:

exitspeed
11-16-2005, 11:27 AM
yeah, i miss those days. now i'm lucky if i session once a week :cry:

I've been out of it since 97 or so. I miss it with a passion. It such great excersice. It would be to hard to get back into it now though. The style is alot different. Back then I was cold as ice when I could do none stop flairs crazy high. Now there's ait flairs and crazy combo's that we weren't even thinking of back then. There's also a lot more emphesis on freezes too. I wish I could do it again. I have a fince now, but back then getting girls was childs play if you were a cold ass breaker!

HyperTek
11-16-2005, 11:56 AM
man... give me some deep bass, and ill talk on a track.. my rhymes might be dirt,.. but just give me tons of media coverage, and ill sell tons!!!

thats whats goin on.. ever hear 50 or others when they do live performances? they sound like shit...

Jcb890
11-16-2005, 12:00 PM
man... give me some deep bass, and ill talk on a track.. my rhymes might be dirt,.. but just give me tons of media coverage, and ill sell tons!!!

thats whats goin on.. ever hear 50 or others when they do live performances? they sound like shit...

haha, some kid showed me 50's live DVD cuz he said it was awesome. it was fucking terrible. he sucks balls live along w/ 90% of today's musical performers.

Romeyo07
11-16-2005, 12:20 PM
I was more into grafitti than breaking. No way I can break now, but once in a while I'll get bored and start drawing again. I've done a few tattoos for people...which made me feel good my art is now permanent somewhere.

NemeGuero
11-16-2005, 06:29 PM

*AHEM* (clears throught).. to quote KRS-One... "Rap is something you do, hip-hop is something you live."

EchoOfSilence
11-16-2005, 07:24 PM
*AHEM* (clears throught).. to quote KRS-One... "Rap is something you do, hip-hop is something you live."
well quoted and well said

NemeGuero
11-16-2005, 07:32 PM
AHAHAHAHAHAHA
http://img480.imageshack.us/img480/686/3128wz.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

kazuo
11-17-2005, 12:45 AM
hahah what are you talking about? As if they rap differently when they are not on the same tracks? they both are amazing rappers.

As kingsol pointed out, they were amazing rappers, when they collaborated on the Black Star CD.

Hence why I said they suck w/o each other.

to just name a few. but none the less, CANIBUS and APATHY = the best.

word. Canibus is the fucking illest lyricist EVER. PERIOD.

EchoOfSilence
11-17-2005, 12:56 AM
As kingsol pointed out, they were amazing rappers, when they collaborated on the Black Star CD.

Hence why I said they suck w/o each other.

I liked the Reflection Eternal lp and Black on both sides. but after that, they seemed to go in another directions. some may see it as 'growing' sure, it sounds cool, but IMO it's just not that sound i loved
Even DJ MarcLuv of Zulu Nation said Mos Def began straying from hiphop a while back, (but you didn't hear that from me)

and yes, canibus is fucking ill. So is Percee P, but not many people know of him. He'll be dropping an album soon with madlib producing the tracks ;)

A Spec Products
11-17-2005, 12:59 AM

hell yeah, that foo has LYRICS man.

the only downside is a lack of marketing and mainstream appeal. i think he was way too deep for many, and his talent was overlooked. and what the hell, why team up with iron mike to bust the intro?

its kinda sad how LL "killed" him, but that's due to marketing. old school LL ala "i'm bad" was the good days, when LL was the man. kangols and big ghetto blasters, thats stupid fresh.

im waiting for Dre to drop Detox, that's gonna probably be an instant classic.

oh and rap beefs are fake and stupid, like how 50 dissed mobb deep for the longest, then signed the fools. its been a long ways since "shook ones" when mobb deep were actually good. and my goodness, g-unit just signed ma$e, thats ridiculous.

EchoOfSilence
11-17-2005, 01:04 AM

the only downside is a lack of marketing and mainstream appeal. i think he was way too deep for many, and his talent was overlooked. and what the hell, why team up with iron mike to bust the intro?

its kinda sad how LL "killed" him, but that's due to marketing. old school LL ala "i'm bad" was the good days, when LL was the man. kangols and big ghetto blasters, thats stupid fresh.

im waiting for Dre to drop Detox, that's gonna probably be an instant classic.
old school LL was tight hahaha. but it sucked how he stiffed canibus.

The MC QD3 productions has footage straight from the horse's mouth. We all need to watch the whole thing. :coold:

NemeGuero
11-17-2005, 01:52 AM
Common, he kills some shit. You'll be like.. "Did he just say that?"

Romeyo07
11-17-2005, 05:12 AM
Mos Def and Common get lots of time in my cd player. I favor Mos Def because he was the first person to make me listen to the lyrics just as Neme said "did he just say that", back with A Tribe Called Qwest...and he's from Brooklyn.

NemeGuero
11-17-2005, 02:22 PM
I don't care what anyone else thinks, The New Danger has some grooovvvyy shit on it. I like how he breaks it down like some old school rock. He's broader than just hip-hop. He can sing too god damnit. lol

exitspeed
11-17-2005, 03:47 PM
I don't care what anyone else thinks, The New Danger has some grooovvvyy shit on it. I like how he breaks it down like some old school rock. He's broader than just hip-hop. He can sing too god damnit. lol

I never heard of them (him). Kinda sounds like why I liked the first NERD album. It was such a mixed bag. That CD is a classic.

NemeGuero
11-17-2005, 03:57 PM
Its the name of Mos Def's latest album.

A Spec Products
11-17-2005, 04:30 PM
Mos Def and Common get lots of time in my cd player. I favor Mos Def because he was the first person to make me listen to the lyrics just as Neme said "did he just say that", back with A Tribe Called Qwest...and he's from Brooklyn.

I never really felt Common back in the Common Sense days, I dunno why. His lyrics and flow were fly, but I couldn't get into it. Teaming up with Kanye was a good move on his part, that's for damn sure.

Mos Def and Talib Kweli folks were awesome back when Rawkus was dope.

SOUNDBOMBING II, classic.

NemeGuero
11-17-2005, 05:59 PM
He's too complex for you.

p11driver
11-17-2005, 09:57 PM

old school LL was tight hahaha. but it sucked how he stiffed canibus.

hahahahhaha pleasssse. LL did nothing to kill canibus, he copied canibus's style and came out with a shitty verse, that someone else wrote for him. please listen to 2nd round knockout, and rip the jacker, both songs canibus destroyes that homosexual.

and canibus failed with the mainstream because he is not what mainstream people like. he is original and underground for a reason. hes contiuing to come out with mainstream style records, but no ones down with it. I feel bad for him the way it was cool to not like him, and everyone thought he sucked without even listining to the lyrics in his songs.

his album rip the jacker proves who he is as an emcee. he is by far the greatest. because to me, im all about the lyrics not the beats.

EchoOfSilence
11-17-2005, 11:49 PM
hahahahhaha pleasssse. LL did nothing to kill canibus, he copied canibus's style and came out with a shitty verse, that someone else wrote for him. please listen to 2nd round knockout, and rip the jacker, both songs canibus destroyes that homosexual.

and canibus failed with the mainstream because he is not what mainstream people like. he is original and underground for a reason. hes contiuing to come out with mainstream style records, but no ones down with it. I feel bad for him the way it was cool to not like him, and everyone thought he sucked without even listining to the lyrics in his songs.

his album rip the jacker proves who he is as an emcee. he is by far the greatest. because to me, im all about the lyrics not the beats.
woah woah woah man hold up. hahahaha.... do you know what 'stiffed' means, mang? i didn't say he fucked him up, i said he skimped him. and what actually happened was he invited canibus to be on one of his tracks. one of canibus' lines ran something like "i'll borrow the mic from LL" (since LL had the microphone tattooed on his arm already; it was clever) and LL got annoyed, so he wrote a little diss. He then asked canibus to rewrite his rhyme, and canibus agreed and did it (he was a pretty big fan of LL at the time). But to his dismay, LL didn't rewrite his rhyme dissing canibus, and that's why it seems like LL just dissed canibus on a track that featured him.

lol.
it's all on The MC

and yes, lyrics are fucking important, but please don't forget the DJ who made the beat.

anyway... I was looking through my archive today and came across some of the funkiest shit I've ever heard. Dude was spitting faster than twista but it was an older flavor. Then it hit me. Jay-Z before his bullshit HOVA days used to team up with The Jaz. Jay-Z and Jaz used to fucking TEAR IT UP. it's so sad what has happened...

"Some of my favorite emcees fell off
It damn near killed me" :(

The Jaz and Jay-Z - The Originators
hit it up. I promise you you'll like it. he was mad different back then

p11driver
11-18-2005, 12:34 AM
oh alright misunderstanding there... thought you were dissin canibus.

fo sho jay z's older shit is tight too

kazuo
11-18-2005, 01:28 AM
Being the big big big Canibus fan that I am, I shall clarify.

L invited Canibus to do a verse on "4,3,2,1" with Meth and Redman and DMX. 'bus basically ad-libbed the opening of his verse, where he says "yo L, izzat a mic on yo arm? / lemme borrow that," which LL took as a diss, presumably because he has a small penis and is otherwise lacking in self-confidence.

LL approached Canibus about it, and asked him to redo it. Canibus said ok, no problem, and he did. Then, LL went and re-recorded his verse, which was basically blowing up Canibus for saying that.

Then Canibus blew up LL HARDCORE with "2nd Round K.O.," and LL came back with that weak-ass track "The Ripper Strikes Back." While 'bus spit some sick ass rhymes and was very very intricate (example: and if you really wanna show off / we can get it on / live / in front of the cameras / on yo own sitcom / i'll let you kick a verse / fuck it / i'll let ya kick 'em all / i'll even wait fo tha studio audience to applaud / now watch me rip tha tatt from yo arm / kick you in tha groin / stick you with with yo vanguard award / in front of yo mom / yo first / second / and third born / make yo wife get on the horn / call minister farrakhan); LL basically resorted to calling Canibus a poo-poo head and repeatedly accusing him of being a homosexual.

And that was the end of it, really. Canibus occasionally still takes pot-shots at LL in his latest CDs.

Best Canibus samples for people to try:

Boyz 2 Men (with A+ and Lost Boyz; SICK ASS VERSE)
2nd Round K.O. (duh)
Desperados (with "The Firm," most people first heard him on this track)
Poet Laureate II (SICK. SICK.)
Buckingham Palace (from his first CD)

Ya, as you can tell I really like Canibus. A lot of people can't feel him cause his style is different and not mainstream at all. He also tends to talk about all kinds of crazy shit, and his flows are actually complete thoughts/setences, and not just random shit.

But he's sick.

EchoOfSilence
11-18-2005, 01:31 AM
haha details, details.
2nd round knockout was mad incredible

NemeGuero
11-18-2005, 02:35 AM
Faster than twista? Don't get ahead of yourself Echo..

exitspeed
11-18-2005, 07:35 AM
oh alright misunderstanding there... thought you were dissin canibus.

fo sho jay z's older shit is tight too

Jay-Z=greatest Rapper/Entertainer/Hip-Hop Business Person to me. Yea I'm 26, but you still have to have idols. I envy him and admire him as a business person. You can't hate on the president. I do like his first 2 albums the best. But the BluePrint 1 was pretty good also. I liked the Black Album too. Maybe cause it was his "last".

Romeyo07
11-18-2005, 08:36 AM
eh, out of the entire hip hop community, he gets top award for being classy and making a good name for himself and his business. However, greatest rapper, no. One of the top 5, I would think so.

exitspeed
11-18-2005, 08:58 AM
eh, out of the entire hip hop community, he gets top award for being classy and making a good name for himself and his business. However, greatest rapper, no. One of the top 5, I would think so.

It seems like every some on the radio has to go over the top as far as being just overly nasty. Jay-Z just has a way of putting things, that even though he may be saying the same thing, it just doesn't sound so nasty. Now I like to beat-it-on-up as much as the next dude, but I like the way Jay wpuld word it better.

He may not be considered the "best" to everyone, but he is to me. :bowdown:

A Spec Products
11-18-2005, 02:17 PM
haha too much reading

i said "killed" in quotations

i meant LL defeated him industry wise in that situation

canibus is dope no doubt, LL is from a different time period, in which he was "dope"

nvstyles
11-18-2005, 04:54 PM
The only time I liked Jay Z was his first album, but he spit hard in Big L's cd. The track was was called "Da Graveyard".. That track is ill. But you got to remeber Jay-z bit a lot off off B.I.G, Big L, Slick Rick, and he bit a verse off Nas too. DL "Im a biter not a writer" And if Big L was still alive, he would be one of the sickest lyricist EVER!!

EchoOfSilence
11-18-2005, 09:11 PM
Faster than twista? Don't get ahead of yourself Echo..
wait, aren't you the one telling me to slow down when you haven't even heard the song?

listen, then try saying that again, mang haha

NemeGuero
11-18-2005, 09:31 PM
I heard it. He stutters faster than twista if that counts.

exitspeed
12-01-2005, 07:32 AM
Check out the review of his new game. IT BOMBED HAHAHAHAA What a surprise.
http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/50centbulletproof/review.html?sid=6140473

I figured I'd just bring this back up instead of making a new post.

Romeyo07
12-01-2005, 10:10 AM
not surprised, looks lame anyway

kazuo
12-01-2005, 11:46 PM
For the record... Jay-Z's only good track is "Dead Presidents II."

And anything off the "Grey Album," through no action of his own.

Go Danger Mouse!

Romeyo07
12-02-2005, 05:14 AM
I had a nightmare last night that I saw kids walking around with 50 Cent/G-Unit lunch boxes

SlideStyle180
12-02-2005, 08:04 AM
Since when does 50 cent deserve a game? :faint:

exitspeed
12-02-2005, 08:20 AM

Since he bacame a sell out hardcore gansta cash cow that white kids idolize... :ghey:

Ghettokracker71
12-02-2005, 05:05 PM

hahaha I saw the ads on tv for it and he looks like they overdrew him,he looked like a goddamned gaint haha :mepoke:

MrBrightSide
12-02-2005, 07:27 PM
I like jedi mind tricks... my .02 and many more just dont want to name them