PDA

View Full Version : Greddy Kit or SSAuto??

mixedwell
11-13-2005, 04:57 AM
thinkin about goin turbo on my KA fastback. i see alot of ebay kits, and ss autochrcome kits and stuff like that and compare it to the Greddy Kits. my car is a daily driver so reliability is a big issue, but so is performance. basically, which would be the best bang for my buck???

RiversideS13
11-13-2005, 05:07 AM
Greddy has highest quality and street legal, if you are s14 with OBDII. SS kit is incomplete that totally ignored fuel issue (no fuel management, injector, pipings...etc) and the turbo, BOV, wastegate quality is very questionable.

just do it once and do it right.

p.s remeber set your budget higher, becasue greddy turbo kit still need something such as fuel pump upgrade, gauges, turbo timer, intercooler...etc

Cashizslick
11-13-2005, 08:37 AM
This site has a real love for SS autochrome . . . .

Although their exhausts may be functional, i would steer clear of their turbo kits as SS autochrome manifolds have a long history of cracking. I suppose you could brace the manifold if u wanted to add to its strength, but why buy something not properly produced in the first place (not to mention it isnt a complete kit)?

Get the Greddy kit, a Walbro 255lph fuel pump, FMIC, and use the Profec B II as ur boost contoler and boost gauge. Turbo Timers are a pain in the ass. Just buy a stopwatch and let ur car idle for 30 seconds to 1 minute and then shut her down.

sdtouge
11-13-2005, 10:05 AM
GREDDY IS NOT STREET LEGAL!!!!!!!

common mis perception. it is carb pending, not yet carb patented. it has failed earlier and is retrying or whatever. no one knows if it iwll ever pass or not

also the emanage will need retuning if you plan to run it on a s13.

SR240DET
11-13-2005, 10:13 AM
stay away from ssautochrome turbos.. i think they paid a monkey 2 bannanas an hour to assemble them and ship them to your house...

i had a friend that ordered a turbo from them.. they wraped it with stuff that looked like they got from the trash can..

RiversideS13
11-13-2005, 01:52 PM
GREDDY IS NOT STREET LEGAL!!!!!!!

common mis perception. it is carb pending, not yet carb patented. it has failed earlier and is retrying or whatever. no one knows if it iwll ever pass or not

wow i didnt know that, thanks for correction.

go240
11-13-2005, 02:32 PM
the ssauto or "xspower" turbos are junk. i've seen pictures where they've actually split in half

FaLKoN240
11-13-2005, 03:21 PM
ER? This isn't off topic. I believe this is actually relevant.

From what it sounds, I wouldn't go with SS autochrome with something as extensive as a turbo kit.

Cashizslick
11-13-2005, 03:24 PM
wow i didnt know that, thanks for correction.

just drive well and dont get stoped :)

Revolver Ocelot
11-13-2005, 07:46 PM
V, had the greddy turbo kit on his s14. He said it was dissapointing and a waste of money when i asked him about it.

mixedwell
11-13-2005, 11:59 PM
hmm..with all that being said...i guess ss auto chrome is no good for my street daily driver. thanks for the help.