PDA

View Full Version : People that lie about their car online. PINCHED!

exitspeed
11-09-2005, 01:52 PM
Check this out. This girl came on our forums talking about her car and how much HP it has. So we don't believe her and she emails another member pics for him to post and well...She gets pinched. What a dumb ass.

Look at pages 4 and 5
http://www.teamrushcc.com/wforum/viewtopic.php?t=2928&start=45

carlos9984
11-09-2005, 02:17 PM
what an idiot... she/he got :Owned: pretty bad...

exitspeed
11-09-2005, 02:23 PM
what an idiot... she/he got :Owned: pretty bad...

I bet that's not even her/his car

Secretsquirrel
11-09-2005, 02:27 PM
good ole team rush...i signed up on that forum and then got deleted before i ever posted?

SS

exitspeed
11-09-2005, 02:41 PM
good ole team rush...i signed up on that forum and then got deleted before i ever posted?

SS

Hmmm, how come? :(

nrg
11-09-2005, 02:54 PM
I thought you were talking about DriftGirl. opps.. did i say that out loud? haha

DJPimpFlex
11-09-2005, 07:12 PM
I thought you were talking about DriftGirl. opps.. did i say that out loud? haha

lol, thats great

breakindrifts
11-09-2005, 07:42 PM
I was also expecting driftgirls "soarer."

:cj:

HyperTek
11-09-2005, 07:58 PM
im gonna take a shot at the location of those people as far as their stupidity..

A Spec Products
11-09-2005, 08:10 PM
oh dont even get me started

theres guys here in socal who are NOTORIOUS for that

especially buying a turn key car, then claiming you did the work/tuning/etc

terrible.

Secretsquirrel
11-09-2005, 09:17 PM
Hmmm, how come? :(

PMed you....i dont wanna clutter up this thread

SS

KA24DESOneThree
11-09-2005, 10:23 PM
Guys, I have to come clean.

My car doesn't really have 120whp as I've claimed. I haven't even had it on the dyno. This thread... it just made me want to be real.

Sorry if I crushed anyone's hopes and dreams.

cotbu
11-09-2005, 11:06 PM
I aswell,
Just because that car in that magazine looked like mine, had an interviewee with my name. Doesn't really mean that's my car. Now i even feel better...

Tygma
11-09-2005, 11:10 PM
I was also expecting driftgirls "soarer."

:cj:

HAHAHA fuck yeah. :)

Ghettokracker71
11-09-2005, 11:12 PM
Slickchick was a dumbass. "I'll never believe a motor that small..." fucking retard

240meowth
11-10-2005, 05:31 AM
some people are just pathelogical liers.

example, had a friend who went out with a guy that said his family is filthy rich, he has 6 ferraries in his garage, and he drives an FD and he's going to be a driver in the F1 races next year (this is a few years ago). And the worst part? Girls fall for this kinda crap. This kid is in high school.

it seems like they have no life and they need to impress people.

Another friend of mine who was talking to this guy, he claims he owned 3 businesses, sold all of them for profit and now all he does is play golf, and once in a while he wins a million bucks from golf tournments. This guy is 26, a college drop out.

I think this is a sad world we are living in, people need to lie about gibbrish just to make others think that they made something of themselves.

I guess it sure sounds better than what i'd say, "i'm a senior in college, i'm almost done but i have debt up my ass and around the corner with no job, will you go out with me?"

edit: what's this about the driftgirl soarar?

exitspeed
11-10-2005, 07:31 AM
Slickchick was a dumbass. "I'll never believe a motor that small..." fucking retard

Yea I know. That's cause she's into muscle cars. And you know how those people think...There's no replacement for displacment :blah:

EchoOfSilence
11-10-2005, 09:26 AM
Yea I know. That's cause she's into muscle cars. And you know how those people think...There's no replacement for displacement :blah:
there isn't

:drama:

exitspeed
11-10-2005, 10:12 AM
there isn't

:drama:

Explain that to me. Really. I'm not trying to be ass. Wouldn't higher effeciency, forced induction, lighter curb weights be replacements? I don't understand this...

importnut
11-10-2005, 12:40 PM
Explain that to me. Really. I'm not trying to be ass. Wouldn't higher effeciency, forced induction, lighter curb weights be replacements? I don't understand this...

The replacement for displacement is forced induction. By forcing twice as much air into 2.0L, it will perform like a 4.0L (please realize I'm make a horrible crude example here) However, a mild tuned big block pumping out 500hp is going to run forever whereas a high strung 4cyl with a turbo making the same power is going to have longevity issues....very generally speaking.

Comparing 4cyl engines, I prefer to drive my very mildly modified 240 to my 230hp all motor equipped civic. The civic is high strung and just doesn't have any low end torque. It's ridiculous on a racetrack (road course, not drag racing) and I would pick it over my 240 any day for that use. As it is, the 219k engine in my 240 smells a big funny when I drive it hard ;) When the time comes for me to really dig into my KA, I'm going to have serious issues with the torque-less wonder that is my civic :) Anyway, the bigger displacement makes more torque (we should all know that) and it makes it easier to drive and easier to make power.

Okay, babble mode off....

-Alex S.

sw20>>s14
11-10-2005, 01:34 PM
yeah, i had a friend like that...he still does it to our faces...its like hes in so deep with us that he has to continue on the regular basis just to make everything else "work"

whats this about driftgirl? she was a fraud?...where was i when she was discovered...what a shame...

well, no time for this, i have to go tune my RB26DETT swapped tercel...oh yeah, then work on my rotary powered mclaren...no joke...no seriously guys...ill get pics i swear... :hyper:

Var
11-10-2005, 01:51 PM
:wtc: My car is a fiero..with a corvette body.

Eternal_240Sx
11-10-2005, 02:25 PM
you guys think this is bad? check this out
Here are cliffnotes:
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=327611&highlight=wickedmonkey

Var
11-10-2005, 03:04 PM
what the skeet?

sw20>>s14
11-10-2005, 03:36 PM
wow...i dont know whats worse, that monkey fellow lying about a wife, mother, cars, and illnesses among friends...or the rsx board + mods investigating that deep into the "issue at hand." dont they have tyc tails or cold air intakes to install?...

240meowth
11-10-2005, 05:32 PM
man, that monkey guy got owned! oh man, i'll be laughing this down for the rest of my life, ha ha ha!

I mean if an ass on zilvia been lying about crap for 2 years, i'll put away my cold air intake and start pulling all the truth out, ha ha ha!

importnut
11-10-2005, 09:05 PM
wow...i dont know whats worse, that monkey fellow lying about a wife, mother, cars, and illnesses among friends...or the rsx board + mods investigating that deep into the "issue at hand." dont they have tyc tails or cold air intakes to install?...

I think that, what is worse, is the fact that I read quite a bit of that stuff! :(

Unbelieveable. I've known people like him throughout my life, and it isn't funny. Just flat out sick.

Tenchuu
11-10-2005, 09:40 PM
why people feel that they are nothing without haveing to lie to ohers to try to constently prove themselves is just plain stupid. the people's opinions that really matter i can just about count on all of my digets, if someone else gets a bad opinion of you, oh well life goes on. not everyone is going to be impressed by everyone else, and i hate liars. so everyone that also hates liars gets good by me. rep time.

SimpleS14
11-10-2005, 10:43 PM
you guys think this is bad? check this out
Here are cliffnotes:
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=327611&highlight=wickedmonkey

Whoa...that guy got :Owned:

Can't believe he went so deep into making lies like that on the net.

FRpilot
11-12-2005, 07:28 PM
:word: i mean.. to lie for 2 years to a forum accumulating 8000+ post! does that guy have a life? lol.. nevermind i asked that. haha. but dam he got majored owned.. he musta been a god on there of some sort to have the entire forum investagating the scandel. lol

Eternal_240Sx
11-12-2005, 09:43 PM
Yeah. I was very amazed myself when i found that post.

heres his response to what he did.

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=327743

go240
11-12-2005, 09:52 PM
lol, i just think its funny cause elite isn't that far from where i live

EchoOfSilence
11-15-2005, 09:46 PM

However, a mild tuned big block pumping out 500hp is going to run forever whereas a high strung 4cyl with a turbo making the same power is going to have longevity issues....very generally speaking.

Anyway, the bigger displacement makes more torque (we should all know that) and it makes it easier to drive and easier to make power.

there you go :)

although forced induction would be a great way to up the output of a relatively small displacement motor, it's a tradeoff. reliability goes way down, complexity and things that may go wrong goes way up.
and yes, you can turbo a small displacement motor to make it have the same peak output as a motor with more displacement. but remember, it's to compare it to a motor that already has that power; anything you do to a small displacement motor you can do to one with more displacement, and it'll still win.

and with the advent of lighter materials, an aluminum v8 doesn't way that much more than an iron i4