PDA

View Full Version : Entrepreneurs

Romeyo07
11-08-2005, 11:14 AM
Anyone else out there like myself. I have my day job which I enjoy, but anyone else run a side business (other than urban pharmaceuticals) that isn't like your day job?

I work for a Land Surveying company during the day, but I do web design/graphic arts/online marketing on the side.

I just don't want a boss in the future but myself.

ThatGuy
11-08-2005, 11:17 AM
Mercenary.
The pay is great, I use all my own "tools", and I take contracts when I feel like it.

Thinking of becomming a Pirate or a Ninja is my spare time. Tough choice.

Romeyo07
11-08-2005, 11:19 AM
I'd say ninja, because you'd need a boat to be a pirate

Yoshi
11-08-2005, 11:19 AM
I do web design and computer consultation on the side when i have the time :)

It's nice to set your own hours and timelines.

ThatGuy
11-08-2005, 11:23 AM
I'd say ninja, because you'd need a boat to be a pirate

Ahhh, so you assume I DON'T have a boat? :nono:

Romeyo07
11-08-2005, 11:35 AM
well, you're a marine, which means you're paid by the government, which means you don't make much money, hence not owning a boat, just an assumption made using your sempher fi internet decorations :bow:

Var
11-08-2005, 11:38 AM
I'm not an Entrepreneur if i didn't start the business myself right? Cause i do own it but my uncle started it and i took over

I want to start a little side business of tuning corvettes :) with my new laptop and tuning software. No liability assumed of course. :w00t:

Ritz S14
11-08-2005, 11:47 AM
Started my own business from the ground up in Sept. '04.

I just do emission testing.

Sometime in the near future, I'd also like to start up another small business. Not sure of what it is at the moment.

Andrew Bohan
11-08-2005, 12:18 PM
damn. too many people do web design. i used to do it back in the late 90s, then i went to college. now i do it again. slowly building up

Romeyo07
11-08-2005, 12:33 PM
well we do design, hosting, database creation, custom scripts, a lot of online marketing consultations, etc. I've got a good client base, long time clients, plenty of experience, I can name drop a few large companies I've done work for.

Jeff240sx
11-08-2005, 12:36 PM
It's not namedropping. It's a portfolio, and I'd like to see yours.
-Jeff

Adm1n1strator
11-08-2005, 12:48 PM
hahaha.........

Romeyo07
11-08-2005, 12:55 PM
Most of my work was marketing consulting, I.E. Ebay, Linen's N Things, Club Magazine, Macy's. I did some graphical work for a Clear Channel station in Florida, but doing stuff for radio stations suck cause they're cheap and want to trade you something instead of pay.

theicecreamdan
11-08-2005, 01:04 PM
I own Dancorp.

ThatGuy
11-08-2005, 04:28 PM
well, you're a marine, which means you're paid by the government, which means you don't make much money, hence not owning a boat, just an assumption made using your sempher fi internet decorations :bow:

It's not a good idea to ASSUME anything about those you don't know. :bow:

lucky7
11-08-2005, 08:57 PM
parents own a fundraising business and a private label bottled water company. we are about 1-2 years into both of them. let me tell you, watching this shit grow from the ground up is pretty amazing. its incredible how hard you work to get the ball rolling. i just turned 21 in august. im planning on skipping college completely and learning how to run these 2 businesses. i could probably run the fundraising business as of right now. someday down the line, all the hard work will pay off. getting up at 3 am and working 15 hour days. it will pay off.

YakuzaS14
11-08-2005, 10:20 PM
i wanna sell cars on the side..

mrmephistopheles
11-09-2005, 12:00 AM
I'm Bill Gates.
I own pretty much everything.

NI_YON_Zenki
11-09-2005, 12:06 AM
Yeah, I am developing a marketing // Consulting firm that caters to the grassroot enthusiast of performance aftermarket motorsports. .. .PR/ Marketing/ advertising/ anything to spread a good quality word to those whom want to listen, kinda like the LRG of Motorsports . .. .

Romeyo07
11-09-2005, 05:19 AM
well I'm in the air on which degree to pursue. I know I can become a lisensed surveyor in Georgia and have my company pay for it, or I can get a marketing/business degree and go on from there. I still have a lot of contacts in the industry, and I know I can build business by myself, let alone having someone that's as motivated as I am. Ideas come from everywhere, and I'm swamped trying to produce all these things.

Ni Yon, let me know if you need some help or ideas.

fastpace
11-09-2005, 07:15 AM
I am a civil engr by day and a month or so will be doing real estate. I have these great ideals, but need more time get them rolling. Yall should read Think and Grow Rich, an amazing book that will get everything going.

Romeyo07
11-09-2005, 07:20 AM
48 Laws of Power....awesome book

ranisron
11-09-2005, 07:46 AM
I am a student... still... 1 more semester and I will be out in the real world...

I run a big student organization 24/7 as extracurricular activity.

ESCALVANTE
11-09-2005, 03:00 PM
I finally own my own real estate company after working under the Century 21 umbrella for about 4 years. I now do it all. Agent for people buying and selling as well as all aspects of financing.

I just started buying property last year in March and I have a property mix that includes rental units (7) as well as two houses. It's great to buy homes and get paid for it. I get money from representing myself as an agent as well as by the banks in the form of rebates.

Lots of hard, stressful work required but it pays really good. If anyone in the socal area wants to get started in this business just PM me.

I want to end up being my own bank and developing places like Bakersfield, Ontario, Rialto, etc. Another thing I would like to do is own a tuning shop complete with dynos and CNC machines. How cool is that?