PDA

View Full Version : Alpine Iva-d310 Help Me!!!!

wafflez66
11-06-2005, 08:55 PM
I recently bought, and am installing the alpine iva-d310 dvd player w/ motorized 7" monitor. its a very nice product, but I'm trying to figure out how to bypass the safety feature that disables video to the screen when the car's emergency brake isn't on. You are supposed to do a sequence: push brake pedal down, pull up e-brake, let down e-brake, and pull up e-brake again, then let off brake pedal. I searched different forums but the only thing I get is that I have to have 2 switches, one to simulate the brake pedal, and one for the e-brake. I tried but I don't know which to ground, which to hook to power, constant or ignition, etc. I looked into auto switches, but I'm not sure. Any info would be great. thanks much.

Jonathan Van Ness

Ritz S14
11-06-2005, 08:59 PM
They have lil modulators that you can buy.. I remember seeing them being sold on ebay a while back.

BUT anyhow, with the AVC1000(been so long don't remember the model #) you just do any random rapid brake-ebrake combination and the screen should work.

Luckilly with my AVIC-N1, alls I do is ground the ebrake wire, and it works :) Unfortunately, this does not work with the AVIC-N2.