PDA

View Full Version : Which school should is better to attend?

crazy9ceguy
11-04-2005, 05:52 PM
hey wsup, i was wonderin which art school is better to attend in socal. Ive looked into the art institute of santa monica and it seems kinda expensive even with financial aid. the total cost for 3 years is about 77k. another alternative is the art center in pasadena. maybe i can goto a community college first and get all my prereqs done firstand attend the art center or maybe even art institute? which would be a cheaper alternative. my major will be game designer or somthing in that field.

RiversideS13
11-04-2005, 06:39 PM
I heared pasadena art center is really hard to get in unless you had a kicked ass profolio or experiences.

EchoOfSilence
11-04-2005, 06:55 PM
hey wsup, i was wonderin which art school is better to attend in socal. Ive looked into the art institute of santa monica and it seems kinda expensive even with financial aid. the total cost for 3 years is about 77k. another alternative is the art center in pasadena. maybe i can goto a community college first and get all my prereqs done firstand attend the art center or maybe even art institute? which would be a cheaper alternative. my major will be game designer or somthing in that field.
ask your local college advisor; he/she will know.

SochBAT
11-04-2005, 08:40 PM
Art Inst. of LA, Otis, AI Pasadena, all good schools.

I'd say throw 2gether a portfolio that'll impress, showing different types of mediums you use, like charcoal, watercolors, traditional pencil, all that jazz. Make it neat, spiffy, and jawdropping.

Art critics can be harsh, but its always the best.

Arsenal of Glory
11-04-2005, 10:30 PM
my major will be game designer or somthing in that field.

you'll need alot of artistic ability AND programming in that highly competitive field. Art schools will teach you the art, but most art schools wont teach you the programming side unless they do have a Video Game specific program. "Art Schools" are a little broad to be going to for Game Design. You might want to check into specialized schools like Full Sail, Digipen, and the local technical institutes around your area.