PDA

View Full Version : Financing a laptop computer..

HyperTek
11-01-2005, 07:10 PM
ANyone do it? How does it work? I think I want one, i mean its uncomfortable writing school papers at my desk here while my folder on my lap etc.. I think i could really use one since it would be more versitile.. I could go outside where theres fresh air and crack an essay faster since there wont be distractions from my room etc. lol

So how does this work? im 21 by the way and got a student cc that Im making payments on time etc.. do i have to be approved b4 getting a laptop?

is there usually a downpayment needed ?

BOMEX180
11-01-2005, 07:15 PM
If you go to like COMPUSA or BEst Buy, you dont need a downpayment. You need to open an account with them though and see how much credit you can get. There's usually specials like no interest til 2007. Thats what I got, but I have to pay it off before interests kicks in which is about 21%. I pay about $150/month so that should pay it off in 10mos.

A Spec Products
11-01-2005, 07:24 PM
just save up and buy it cash. computers are relatively cheap these days, its like the trade off between new aero or a new computer.

interest rates will be bloody murdahhhh

laptops are cool, but it gives you more distraction, cause you can type in front of the TV, go to a friend's house, go outside, etc. i was so easily distracted when i did papers, so a fat desktop kept me in the work.

you could always buy a flat panel to free up desk space, or just buy a bigger desk.

TheSnail
11-01-2005, 10:12 PM
I went to BestBuy to buy a computer, and went to see how much credit I could get on their credit card. I though it would be $300ish (21 at the time), then after they called it in they approved me for $1600. I then did two things 1-shat a brick, and 2 walk out 10min later with a computer, a video card, and some other crap. Very nice payment plan, with a minimum payment of $40 per month on $1300 worth of crap, with 1 year interest free.

theicecreamdan
11-01-2005, 10:28 PM
woo, looks like I;ll be goin for a best buy card someday soon.

Jeff240sx
11-01-2005, 11:44 PM
Bought my washer and dryer from BB courtesy their 18 month no interest card.
-Jeff