PDA

View Full Version : I found one!

TheSnail
10-27-2005, 04:36 PM
After many months of searching I finally found the milkyellow/gray two tone. It has 58k, but it is up in NY, so my main concern is rust. I am trying to think of the best way to pick it up. So 2 options: one fly up there and drive it back, or two- one of you guys up there maybe taking a trip south, and would like to make some money delivering the car. He will be sending me pictures in about 2hrs, and I will post them for the people that have never seen one. You will not find a picture of one on the internet so dont bother looking. I shall show you the rarest and ugliest 240 in existance, that alot of people dont even know exists.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=191312150&dealer_id=57094830&car_year=1989&bkms=1130451032763&model=240SX&lang=&isp=y&start_year=1989&certified=&search_type=both&distance=0&first_record=26&make=NISSAN&min_price=1&address=30066&advanced=&end_year=1989&pager.offset=25&max_price=15000&cardist=757

drift freaq
10-27-2005, 04:51 PM
damn snail, I want to see pics of this!

420sx
10-27-2005, 04:56 PM
go get it!

justinhustle
10-27-2005, 04:58 PM
its going to be either, a gem, or fubar

i wouldnt have linked til you saw the pics

zilvians are notorious for fuckin you over on ebay if you show em a cool link

let alone the holy grail of s13 aka the bigbird dorfito

TheSnail
10-27-2005, 05:06 PM
^Thats a good point. I thought about that, but figure if someone does, I will spend the 1500 for a person of hire, and will ask for an ear or finger to be shipped if its another Zilvian.

TheSnail
10-27-2005, 07:08 PM
HAHAHA! ! Here it is! He sent me his only pic (cellphone). He will take digital pics of it tomarrow. I see the yellow one's about once every year for sale. There is probably 200 made, so probably 100 left to buy and 50 clean ones. My 240 friends did not even belive it existed, untill I showed them the nissan paint code chart. I have the pic to show them now! It looks pretty clean from what I can tell.

:w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y261/thesnail/240sx.jpg

ThatGuy
10-27-2005, 07:11 PM
Hubcpas for sure. What's the deal with the pin-stiping?

TheSnail
10-27-2005, 07:15 PM
I think the pin strip came on 1/3 of the yellow ones. 1/3 came with no spoiler, and the other 1/3 came with a trunk rack. I think all of them came power everything. Most came with hub caps. The one I saw in real life had no spoiler, no pin stripe and had hub caps.

Edit* though I never saw a pin strip like that before.

TheSnail
10-27-2005, 07:25 PM
Looking at it. Does anyone else think the spoiler is aftermarket. It looks bigger then the stock one. and has no brake light?

Ritz S14
10-27-2005, 08:32 PM
It does look aftermarket. S13 ones are more sqaure at the edges.

drift freaq
10-27-2005, 08:46 PM
That is definitely an aftermarket spoiler. Actually, I have seen one out here as well before, but since I am not super crazy on the Two tone theme, so I did not think twice. Congrats Snail on score. Do it up right. I think you know what I mean by that :D

Dream240
10-27-2005, 08:47 PM
Looking at it. Does anyone else think the spoiler is aftermarket. It looks bigger then the stock one. and has no brake light?

Yep it's an aftermarket. That's the thing about old cars....you never know what's been done to them.

Oh yeah...I've seen one of these with the rack on the trunk....was a total piece of shit. And no not just because of the color.

TheSnail
10-27-2005, 08:49 PM
Thats sucks, but is no big deal. I can always cover the holes and have it painted and take off the pin-stripe. I just want a stock clean spoilerless yellow two tone slammed on some teardrops. :yum:

MakotoS13
10-27-2005, 08:53 PM
E W

FaLKoN240
10-27-2005, 08:57 PM
I saw a really nice one on google pics, it had Silvia face, all OEM aero, on some cool looking rims. Maybe Kazuo will bless you and give you a pic.

TheSnail
10-27-2005, 09:19 PM
Are you sure it wasnt the cream/brown two tone Silvia?

FaLKoN240
10-27-2005, 09:20 PM
O. . .It may be. My bad. :(

TheSnail
10-27-2005, 09:23 PM
That one you talk of is the most pimp but we never got that one. But they never got the yellow one. What a trade....

zaneithan
10-27-2005, 10:02 PM
haha wow that thing is only 2 hours from me

RightWheelDrive
10-27-2005, 11:26 PM
This guy two blocks away from my house has that color. He keeps it covered all the time and its completely stock and mint condition. He is an an adult and rarely drives it. Maybe I should make him an offer :coolugh: . The color looks much better in person.

TheSnail
10-27-2005, 11:40 PM
And you are a lucky to be so close. I saw one in my schools parking lot and about shat a brick in disbelief. I wanted to leave a note but it was raining. I never saw it again. Everyday I go to school 30min early to drive by all the dorms in the case a student owns it. Then I come home and search on for one for 1-2 hrs. Never saw it again.This one finally poped up today, and I called him and asked him if there is rust, he said there is but not that bad, so he will be sending me pics of the rust tomorrow. I am willing to pay 2X more then the car is worth for a clean chassis. My friends say " why dont you just get a coupe and have it painted that ugly ass color", but it's not the same, Its like having an sr 240 with silvia emblems. I posted a $200 reward for any one that can find me one on all the forums, but no one was able to find one. You guys keep that $200 in mind, because if there is too much rust, I would rather take my chances and wait another year for a better one, rather then splurging big money on a poor example.

EchoOfSilence
10-28-2005, 12:01 AM
Actually, I think I'd consider myself pretty lucky too. I got blindsided in a hit-and run accident in '04, and was sad about it since then, since it was totalled.

For my birthday about 6 months later, my uncle saw how upset I was and got me an s13 after months of searching for one in running condition. Guess for how much he bout it for. $650. Just a little rust too.
Although I have to admit, I hated the color at first, It grew on me. A LOT.
so i'll upload pics in a second

Oh, and driftfreaq, I'm pretty sure you saw mine. I went to Marshall High, really close to Silver Lake.

TheSnail
10-28-2005, 12:10 AM
You got one? WTF!

Annoying Eric
10-28-2005, 12:16 AM
That car is like an hour away from me..

EchoOfSilence
10-28-2005, 12:20 AM
http://x10.putfile.com/10/30001195317-thumb.jpg (http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=10/30001195317.jpg&s=x10)
http://x10.putfile.com/10/30001182025-thumb.jpg (http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=10/30001182025.jpg&s=x10)
http://x10.putfile.com/10/30001161362-thumb.jpg (http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=10/30001161362.jpg&s=x10)

ssr's are borrowed, she's on enkei's now

TheSnail
10-28-2005, 12:29 AM
Thats just fucked up... I wish you were closer to me, I would give you a beyond generous trade. You should be proud. You own a ghost.

ZK
10-28-2005, 12:37 AM
Wow... I don't know what to say... that's ... unique... :goyou:

EchoOfSilence
10-28-2005, 12:40 AM
I am damn proud. BUT like I said at first, I hated the color. I wanted to spray it silver, like my last one, to pay respect. But after a while, it just really grew on me. Now, I have plans for her. do you think it would be too much blasphemy of I put the chuki bumper on and have the car resprayed creamy yellow/silver?

EchoOfSilence
10-28-2005, 12:50 AM
Thats just fucked up... I wish you were closer to me, I would give you a beyond generous trade. You should be proud. You own a ghost.
lol kazuo was actually asking to buy my car around a week ago

TheSnail
10-28-2005, 01:10 AM
Wow... I don't know what to say... that's ... unique... :goyou:

Actually it is despite your :goyou: . For myself, I am drawn to how rare it is. After owning almost all the different (common) engines in 240s, my next thing was to get something with heritage, like an m3 e30 that has a part of history. Its engine was not satisfactory, as far as cost to hp, even though strait line acceleration was not what made it famous. I went to Mr2 turbos, but was quickly dismayed by them. I went back to what I always done. 240's. But there is nothing collectible about them. Then that's when I thought about the yellow two tone. It is an extremely limited 240. 90% of the people on this forum have never seen one in real life. Alot of people think it does not exist. That is what sets it apart from the other ones. Maybe after dealing with 240's later on, you start to understand where I am coming from. There is nothing for me to do. I am bi-charging my s15 sr'd hatch right now, but I would I would drop the project in a second for a clean yellow two tone, left bone stock.

*edit* Lets all learn to respect them, but not raise their value before I buy one.

EchoOfSilence
10-28-2005, 01:23 AM
Actually it is despite your :goyou: it is unique. For myself, I am drawn to how rare it is. After owning almost all the differed (common) engines in 240s, my next thing was to get something with heritage, like an m3 e30 that has a part of history. Its engine was not satisfactory, as far as cost to hp, even though strait line acceleration was not what made it famous. I went to Mr2 turbos, but was quickly dismayed by them. I went back to what I always done. 240's. But there is nothing collectible about them. Then that's when I thought about the yellow two tone. It is an extremely limited 240. 90% of the people on this forum have never seen one in real life. Alot of people think it does not exist. That is what sets it apart from the other ones. Maybe after dealing with 240's later on, you start to understand where I am coming from. There is nothing for me to do. I am bi-charging my s15 sr'd hatch right now, but I would I would drop the project in a second for a clean yellow two tone, left bone stock.

bone stock are you serious? my opinion on these cars is to leave their bodies stock but everything else is fair game. i don't consider 240's to be collector's cars or to have considerable history behind them, so basically they're mostly just disposable cars *gasp* yes. an RX7 or a 510 or a 240z or m3's; those cars have heritages and give pride. I think I'd be willing to give up my two-tone for a running 2door 510 anyday.
stock bodies, and if you're somewhat of a purist, sohc na or sohc turbo would be the way to go, i suppose.
it really depends. In my view, a creamy-yellow two tone spanking other cars on a track is my dream. the chuki bumper would be great, too, since i love its look. But i'm young still, and comparitably i'm still learning about this car, so maybe my views will change.
but all in all, i don't consider this a car to be left stock to have as a collector's car. not special enough. a kpgc10, now THAT'S special.

that180guy
10-28-2005, 01:47 AM
Actually it is despite your :goyou: . For myself, I am drawn to how rare it is. After owning almost all the different (common) engines in 240s, my next thing was to get something with heritage, like an m3 e30 that has a part of history. Its engine was not satisfactory, as far as cost to hp, even though strait line acceleration was not what made it famous. I went to Mr2 turbos, but was quickly dismayed by them. I went back to what I always done. 240's. But there is nothing collectible about them. Then that's when I thought about the yellow two tone. It is an extremely limited 240. 90% of the people on this forum have never seen one in real life. Alot of people think it does not exist. That is what sets it apart from the other ones. Maybe after dealing with 240's later on, you start to understand where I am coming from. There is nothing for me to do. I am bi-charging my s15 sr'd hatch right now, but I would I would drop the project in a second for a clean yellow two tone, left bone stock.

*edit* Lets all learn to respect them, but not raise their value before I buy one.

that my friends, are the words of a conisour
:bow:
good luck in attaining your holy grail

TheSnail
10-28-2005, 01:48 AM
bone stock are you serious? my opinion on these cars is to leave their bodies stock but everything else is fair game. i don't consider 240's to be collector's cars or to have considerable history behind them, so basically they're mostly just disposable cars *gasp* yes. an RX7 or a 510 or a 240z or m3's; those cars have heritages and give pride. I think I'd be willing to give up my two-tone for a running 2door 510 anyday.
stock bodies, and if you're somewhat of a purist, sohc na or sohc turbo would be the way to go, i suppose.
it really depends. In my view, a creamy-yellow two tone spanking other cars on a track is my dream. the chuki bumper would be great, too, since i love its look. But i'm young still, and comparitably i'm still learning about this car, so maybe my views will change.
but all in all, i don't consider this a car to be left stock to have as a collector's car. not special enough. a kpgc10, now THAT'S special.

Leave it stock an it will become a nice 510. Not to make you make you big headed, but my friend has a clean sr'd 510 and I would take a shit on it any day of the week for that two tone. You have to think, there is not much longer before it becomes extinct. There will always be big 240 fanatics later on. Having the rarest one in 10 years, when there is only 20 left= respect or $$$. People will have 240's, theirs are 510's, yours is the 510-SSS. I can always trade you an s14, if you are not interseted.

*edit* when I say stock, I just mean the chassis. You can always find KAe's if you need to .

EchoOfSilence
10-28-2005, 02:15 AM
hmm, i think you're looking so hard for a collectible that you're making putting the 240 on a pedestal. sure it handles fairly well, but it's no miata. power? it's no fd or v8. It's a nice stepping stone for me into a 510 or another better platform. I don't know, maybe because of my generation, but there are other cars i hold as my pedestal cars. I'm proud to have this car for its rarity with respect to other 240 owners, but it's not an old vr-4.

I'm going to keep this car until i'm old, and see where it takes me, but be sure that I'll be playing with better cars also. and an SSS? wow i'd kill. I don't think it's really right to compare this car, which is only rare for its paint scheme, with an SSS. nevertheless, I do like my car. I would assume that you don't really like my 91-94 bumper idea though huh?
it's great to see that you're so excited about it though, and sorry for the thread jacking hahaha. Good luck with your buy, man. Hopefully you'll teach me more things as time progresses.

TheSnail
10-28-2005, 02:31 AM
As far as the VR-4, I'm guessing you mean galant. In that case I had a 91 galant vr4 with a RS-4G (280hp stock). If you mean 3000, my first car was a stealth rt. Not the turbo though:( . Asfar as how your car "maybe" worth in the future: The US only got the 240sx. Not the 180sx or Silvia. Whats the next best thing? How rare it is. You may not think too much of it now, but dont be supprised if Nissan collectors are paying big money in the future.

EchoOfSilence
10-28-2005, 02:35 AM
As far as the VR-4, I'm guessing you mean galant. In that case I had a 91 galant vr4 with a RS-4G (280hp stock). If you mean 3000, my first car was a stealth rt. Not the turbo though:( . Asfar as how your car "maybe" worth in the future: The US only got the 240sx. Not the 180sx or Silvia. Whats the next best thing? How rare it is. You may not think too much of it now, but dont be supprised if Nissan collectors are paying big money in the future.
yes, sir. i'll think about keeping that bumper then. i was thinking about oem aero too :hs:

TheSnail
10-28-2005, 02:59 AM
If you want a to change the bumper to a 91+, go ahead. I'm not saying you will make money later on by keeping it stock, but think about what you have.

Any ways you made me hijack my own thread you :fruit: silly :fruit: bastard

EchoOfSilence
10-28-2005, 03:19 AM
hahaha sorry.
good luck with the buy!!

TheSnail
10-28-2005, 03:26 AM
Don't apologize, its my bad. After looking for one for so long, Its a touchy subject for me.

FRpilot
10-28-2005, 03:39 AM
hmm not a big deal to me since ive seen about three of these in real life near me. but i live in california..

TheSnail
10-28-2005, 03:41 AM
Which means two of them are stolen by now. ;)

BlazzinZ88
10-28-2005, 06:59 AM
I would assume that you don't really like my 91-94 bumper idea though huh?

I would have to say the pig nose front bumper with lower spoiler is the best US or possilby world wide stock bumper. WhenI got my 89 SE I saw teh 91+ style and allways wanted it instead of my pig nose, but now that I got a 92 that looks exactly like my pignose color and all the the 89 bumper owns the 91+. The only thing I think the 91+ has and advantage in is being able to fit an intercooler in it easier.

On the other side I hate the pig nose without the spoiler. It just doesn't look right. But with it it just looks so dang aggressive. And for as much as I like it on my hatch the coupes I have seen with it in town look 10 times better. I think if I had a 89-90 coupe with the front and rear spoiler I would never even consider a silvia front end. It especially looks good in bright red lowerd with the tear drop wheels. So sexy. I drool at the one in town that works at a nextel store.

Thrill Capsule
10-29-2005, 01:11 AM
Good luck with the two-tone if you get it. I love the all the two-tones, mmmm mint green/gray.
There is someone that owns a yellow/gray right down the road from my g/f. Its all stock with luggage rack on the trunk. Ive never seen it move except from the side of the road into the drive way. Im always tempted to stop by and see if he would sell it, but I never do because 89-90's are usually pretty damn rusted around here. One day i hope to have one, I am planning on painting my coupe this spring hmmm.

drift freaq
10-29-2005, 01:17 AM
Actually, I think I'd consider myself pretty lucky too. I got blindsided in a hit-and run accident in '04, and was sad about it since then, since it was totalled.

For my birthday about 6 months later, my uncle saw how upset I was and got me an s13 after months of searching for one in running condition. Guess for how much he bout it for. $650. Just a little rust too.
Although I have to admit, I hated the color at first, It grew on me. A LOT.
so i'll upload pics in a second

Oh, and driftfreaq, I'm pretty sure you saw mine. I went to Marshall High, really close to Silver Lake.
I bet I have, Thats like a hop skip and a jump from my place. hahahhahhahhaha

drift freaq
10-29-2005, 01:38 AM
ok guys 240sx's will never be the collectors items that 510's or 240z's are for two reasons. 510's and 240z's along with Datsun 1600 and 2000 roadsters put Nissan/Datsun on the map here the U.S. They were responsible for Nissans U.S. success. On top of that these cars won racing championships like they were going out of Style. 510's and 240z's are legends in American Sports car racing.
Now the 240sx while an awesome car that should have done the same thing did not. Nissan did not market it like they did the 510 and 240z. Nor did they put a major factory racing racing effort along with nearly the same amount of privateer support. Nissan in the early 90's was giving up on racing in the U.S. to promote their cars. That is another of Nissans major marketing mistakes in the 90's.
In Japan the 180sx and S13 Silvias will be legends because in Japan Nissan pushed them.
Now with that being said , there may be some collectability of 240sx's but its never going to equal collecting a 240z or a 510.
Me I am in the process of looking to pick up another 240z just because of my history with them and love of them.

infinitexsound
10-29-2005, 01:53 AM
u know snail i passed on a deal of a tutone coupe like that.. im kickn myself right now would of been a nice car to have, cost of it would of been 900 bucks and it needed a cam....

Jonnie Fraz
10-29-2005, 01:58 AM
ok guys 240sx's will never be the collectors items that 510's or 240z's are for two reasons. 510's and 240z's along with Datsun 1600 and 2000 roadsters put Nissan/Datsun on the map here the U.S.
Me I am in the process of looking to pick up another 240z just because of my history with them and love of them.
I may have a line on a 240z with a very clean body, if you are interested.

TheSnail
10-29-2005, 02:02 AM
Did I say $200. It's $300 now. (Within 300miles of ATL.)

The owner says there is rust, and will take pics. He did not today because it was cloudy? So I will know tomarrow.

omgosh
10-29-2005, 03:53 AM
Snail, I sent you a pm...its a little more than 300 miles but closer than new york, and since its in Florida I doubt there would be much rust. Relatively low miles too.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/omgosh/exterior10.jpg

You know you want it.

WERDdabuilder
10-29-2005, 03:54 AM
only seen one of these in my life time. first time i saw it in this color..i liked it...very...um..uncommon

m0rex
10-29-2005, 04:18 AM
Hawt. It looks different for some reason. Really nice.

TheSnail
10-29-2005, 04:18 AM
:eek: You are the man! Im going to see if he will take a deposit to hold on to it for 2 weeks. If he does not sell it to anyone, "omgosh" do you want a $400 PLX wideband or $300 cash/moneyorder. Your choice. Thanks! I will email that guy tomarrow.

omgosh
10-29-2005, 05:25 AM
Ha! I knew there was a reason I couldnt fall asleep tonight! lol...

So you were totally serious about the reward? lol

Ill pm you with my info...

Second thought, details on the wideband? That would be so cool to have...haha tough choice...

Also, if he agrees to hold it for you, if you want some more pics or something Id be happy to run by and look at it for you. Maybe a firsthand of how it drives... Just let me know! But Im only in town until Monday..

TheSnail
10-29-2005, 02:28 PM
I am serious about the reward. You get $300, you found it. I'm going to call my friends and set things up aswell as talk to the owner about takiing a deposit.

NismoSilvia270R
10-29-2005, 05:27 PM
I think the pin strip came on 1/3 of the yellow ones. 1/3 came with no spoiler, and the other 1/3 came with a trunk rack. I think all of them came power everything. Most came with hub caps. The one I saw in real life had no spoiler, no pin stripe and had hub caps.

Edit* though I never saw a pin strip like that before.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a53/nismosilvia270r/240rack.jpg

are you sayin that my rack might be factory? damn

i personally like the green/gray two tone.

good luck with the collecting :bigok:

EchoOfSilence
10-29-2005, 05:52 PM
Snail, I sent you a pm...its a little more than 300 miles but closer than new york, and since its in Florida I doubt there would be much rust. Relatively low miles too.

You know you want it.
wow, that's surprisingly clean-looking. nice find.

and NismoSilvia270r
I didn't know the luggage rack actually looked like that hahaha. at least your trunk is stiff :keke:

TheSnail
10-30-2005, 02:26 AM
I called the guy today, he did not pick up. I did work out a plan with my friends though. I will try to call him tomarrow and see what is up. Omgosh, I will try to pick it up this following weekend. He says he doesnt have a tag so I will bring a friend and tailgate the 1950's fridge back to GA. I will talk to him tomarrow and learn the details about it, so I dont drive 480 miles to see a dump ride. I will pm you about what Im doing so you can get your money in cash in person rather then paypal.

WERDdabuilder
10-30-2005, 02:46 AM

damn..that is fire right there.

TheSnail
10-30-2005, 03:34 AM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y261/thesnail/teardrops.jpg

PARAD0X
10-30-2005, 11:11 AM
damn, if only i'd posted that car sooner. i saw it a few weeks back but didn't look to hard into it. oh. its gonna be hot

drift freaq
10-30-2005, 12:06 PM
man snail, the stars are smiling on you right now. congrats, you find one, post about it and then another one closer falls into your lap because you posted.
take care of it man.

omgosh
11-02-2005, 05:52 PM
hows it goin with the purchase snail?

axiomatik
11-02-2005, 08:29 PM
...are you sayin that my rack might be factory? damn...

According to my brochure, the luggage rack was a dealer-installed option:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/nbrindley/240SX/240sxbrochure.jpg

EchoOfSilence
11-02-2005, 11:08 PM
hmm... I have those fog lights. They look like buck-teeth on a pignose :keke:

chokudoriS13
11-03-2005, 03:05 PM
http://x10.putfile.com/10/30001195317-thumb.jpg (http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=10/30001195317.jpg&s=x10)
http://x10.putfile.com/10/30001182025-thumb.jpg (http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=10/30001182025.jpg&s=x10)
http://x10.putfile.com/10/30001161362-thumb.jpg (http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=10/30001161362.jpg&s=x10)

ssr's are borrowed, she's on enkei's now

Holy shit, man... I'm pretty sure you're my neighbor. You live anywhere near Sunset/Western in Hollywood? Always a two-tone coupe with fogs here, a block south of me. Now it's on black Enkeis, but last month it looked like this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v338/VadGTI/neighborS13.jpg

EchoOfSilence
11-03-2005, 03:31 PM
Holy shit, man... I'm pretty sure you're my neighbor. You live anywhere near Sunset/Western in Hollywood? Always a two-tone coupe with fogs here, a block south of me. Now it's on black Enkeis, but last month it looked like this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v338/VadGTI/neighborS13.jpg
Oh fucking shit are you kidding me?? yeah, that's me.

wait... you've been taking pics of my car? lmao
you don't own a black coupe that parks around there, do you? or the fucked up red hatch? hmmm... there are a shitload of nissans on my block.
possibly that sexy yellow z32? ahaha

wait i just realized who you are. You have a very clean skyline, if i recall. I never knew you lived around here, man.

We should talk and hang out, dude. This is unbelievable

chokudoriS13
11-03-2005, 04:04 PM
Oh fucking shit are you kidding me?? yeah, that's me.

wait... you've been taking pics of my car? lmao
you don't own a black coupe that parks around there, do you? or the fucked up red hatch? hmmm... there are a shitload of nissans on my block.
possibly that sexy yellow z32? ahaha

We should talk and hang out, dude. This is unbelievable

Hah, I knew it! I used to live in Silverlake, but I moved to Hollywood (on Serrano) just before summer. I noticed there are a shitload of S13's on that block of Serrano :D. When I first saw it (before wheels, etc.) I was going to leave a note with an offer to buy. Then, I realized you actually knew what you had :D. I used to have the desert camo S13 Silvia conv., but recently sold it for a DR30 Nissan Skyline. You're most likely to see me driving the daily (green Passat 1.8T)... You, me, and driftfreaq should all hang out at driftfreaq's favorite spot (Coffee Bean in Los Feliz) and do some BS car talk :p.

The old car:
http://yamb.bl3h.org/images/mondaynight/Dsc00158%20copy.jpg

The replacement:
http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wMTA3MjIxNjZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

EchoOfSilence
11-03-2005, 04:17 PM
Yeah, i used to live on serrano, now i moved a block away, north side of the church.
I'm in santa cruz for school right now, but i'd love to hang out with you guys. actually, i've been wanting to, just never got the balls to ask. and plus, i need some schooling from wiser veterans, as i still consider myself a noob :keke: Hit me up on aim sometime

TheSnail
11-03-2005, 11:36 PM
hows it goin with the purchase snail?

I PM him and called him. I checked back with the pm and he said he does not answer #'s he does not know and to leave a message. He knew my # so I told him I would try again tomorrow and if I dont get in touch with him to call me back at the same #. My friend is waiting for my go so he can buy my current chassis, so Im just waiting to talk to the guy. I finished my "main" test today, so I have free time for the next three weeks to go pick it up.

EchoOfSilence
11-03-2005, 11:58 PM
I PM him and called him. I checked back with the pm and he said he does not answer #'s he does not know and to leave a message. He knew my # so I told him I would try again tomorrow and if I dont get in touch with him to call me back at the same #. My friend is waiting for my go so he can buy my current chassis, so Im just waiting to talk to the guy. I finished my "main" test today, so I have free time for the next three weeks to go pick it up.
good luck, man! hope all goes well.
so i take it you're gonna leave her all OE?

Phlip
11-04-2005, 12:22 AM
Snail, I have a 4.5 day weekend coming Thanksgiving weekend and the only day I MUST be home is Thanksgiving day, if the Florida one falls through and weather permits, I might be coerced into riding with you to NY to get the one up there, provided we do not stop in America's asshole... err, I mean, New Jersey.

sw20>>s14
11-04-2005, 12:26 AM
damn, see how everything works out on zilvia?...snails gettin his dream car and echo got his mysterious dream hunk...haha, joshin' ya...glad to know the cars coming along...kinda wished you would have kept the starlet tho...either way, you churn out good stuff...

TheSnail
11-04-2005, 12:39 AM
Thanks Echo. I want the chassis (not engine) OEM with a lip and slammed on some tear drops. Got to keep it some what looking factory with just a tad of :mepoke:

Phlip, I will be picking the one up in FL rather then taking a chance with rust in NY. But for thanksgiving I am going to Durham for the week, so hopefully I can meet up with you. Let me know how your schedule is for the week of thanksgiving.

sw20>>s14, Yeah the Starlet was cool, but then I sold it for the SPAS. Now I sold the SPAS for the yellow 2tone. I am beyond very undeceive. I have a weekly change of heart.;)

omgosh
11-04-2005, 02:35 AM
Cool man, hope everything works out ok for ya!

People on Tampa Racing must be poor as hell....I dont know how that car has NOT sold for the past 3 months. Woulda thought it'd be gone the day it was posted.

wazimba
11-05-2005, 02:00 AM
voya you are a crazy mofo

TheSnail
11-05-2005, 04:10 AM
^^^ Are you back from Cali? Dave finished the drive shaft, so you know what you need to do;) Also Nicks crazy ass called me to tell sammy: that he will he will do somthing nasty if he does not get his 250?. I will let you know the details 1 on 1. I just got back from eluding the police with Luke, the man has crossed the bounds of sanity. I dont know if you even want to know.