PDA

View Full Version : wheel weight question....

reefer1114
10-24-2005, 06:24 PM
the se wheels i got has wheel weights on them and im in the process of painting my wheels. do they balance the car as a whole or is it for each wheel? i need to know because one of the weights is on the face part of the wheel and i want to know if im just supposed to paint over it or remove it? but then will it mess up the balance of the wheel? thanks fellas

sw20>>s14
10-24-2005, 06:26 PM
its for each individual wheel buddy...i wouldnt remove it...unless if you could put it on exactly where it was before...i wouldnt take off sticky weights, but this doesnt seem like the case...sounds like you havent gotten a balance in a while...who uses those weights anymore besides steelies and such?...

A Spec Products
10-24-2005, 06:45 PM
its for each individual wheel buddy...i wouldnt remove it...unless if you could put it on exactly where it was before...i wouldnt take off sticky weights, but this doesnt seem like the case...sounds like you havent gotten a balance in a while...who uses those weights anymore besides steelies and such?...

for real doe

just take the weights off, your tire guy will redo that anyway, and once you put a new tire it changes anyhow

sand that bitch down, paint and clear, voila!

slideways2004
10-24-2005, 08:30 PM
do what the above people said. just take it off. the new tire will change the balance anyway.

btw- a lot of car still use hammer weights, only the new cars that are coming out are starting to use tape weights