PDA

View Full Version : Kid makes 38 million smuggling Marijuana

Eternal_240Sx
10-16-2005, 05:17 PM
http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/_/id/7683923/?pageid=rs.News&pageregion=single1&rnd=1128891328812&has-player=true&version=6.0.12.1040

long but good read!

420sx
10-16-2005, 05:48 PM
wow that was some interesting reading. best 10 min i spend in last couple days reading articles. even beats marshome.org articles.

vinhisbored
10-16-2005, 06:26 PM
That really was worth the read.

zero.counter
10-16-2005, 07:09 PM
Very good read...

zenkiDori
10-16-2005, 11:41 PM
damn. that's nuts. if they had been a bit more professional perhaps they would still be in business or just not got arrested.

S14DB
10-16-2005, 11:50 PM
damn. that's nuts. if they had been a bit more professional perhaps they would still be in business or just not got arrested.
:bowrofl: They're potheads, what do you expect?

zenkiDori
10-17-2005, 12:30 AM
lol, true.

that180guy
10-17-2005, 01:23 AM
^^
what u expect from a couple of 19-20yr old pot heads?
and real good read, been awhile since i had one of those

broken_s13
10-17-2005, 02:44 AM
Man, That seemed like it was alot of fun. Too bad they got caught though. Who wants to go to canada??

zenkiDori
10-17-2005, 02:47 AM
it really makes you think. if some dumbass stoner teenagers did that well, then maybe...

420sx
10-17-2005, 08:57 AM
yea but canadian border is so far from here heheh

srpowered240sx
10-17-2005, 10:41 AM
great read. its all about knowing when to walk away. that much money, i would have been done after getting enough to live comfortably.

24Zero
10-17-2005, 11:10 AM
good read. Just have to know when to say when, but they were just kids.

ranisron
10-17-2005, 12:25 PM
they should know how to invest or save... or at least hire a financial advisor to deal with that money... oh well, they are still teenagers... damn.

undercoverdjay
10-17-2005, 02:00 PM
I live 25 miles from Canada, problem is moving it once you get it, where I live, kids are broke as shit. Id sell weed and have nothing but a bunch of IOU's

A Spec Products
10-17-2005, 02:16 PM
they should have hollered at off shore bank accounts

legal business always beats pound me in the a$$ prison

now if i only could figure out a way to keep $38 bucks in my pocket

SimpleS14
10-17-2005, 02:24 PM
That was a good read. Too bad they didn't ultimately stick to the basics. Stuff like this does make you think....

tew photy
10-17-2005, 08:46 PM
makes you think what? that it's easy to sell weed? from a business view, selling is probably one of the easier things to do because the demand is always there and the overhead is minimal. its only tough because of morals and egos pretty much. those dudes should not have started moving such weight, or else they could have made a good bit of money and not gotten in any trouble.

but the actual job of selling drugs is pretty easy, at least when it comes to marijuana

theicecreamdan
10-17-2005, 10:43 PM
It did not involve genetically modifying the bugs so their blood would not be blood but windshield-wiper fluid

lol

420sx
10-17-2005, 11:44 PM
they got greedy. and greed what ultimately ruins a dealer.

jobestudios
10-18-2005, 01:49 AM
ending in the living room of a home in Lynden, Washington

I live 5 minutes from there :)

hehe, anyways yeah I'm really close to canada and in my old stoner days (8 months clean) I would hear all the stories from my dealers about how they got this stash across the border.

240SeXy!
10-18-2005, 02:28 AM
Good story, and weird-ly Inspiring.... :bowdown: :bowdown:
IF they didnt jerk around to much they could have walked away, :wackit:
but when your in deep its hard to crawl out. :fawk2:

:bite:

sw20>>s14
10-18-2005, 04:36 AM
"And my cat Titty Bar Bob had broken his back,..."

you know theyre good people...

Jcb890
10-18-2005, 08:57 AM
they should know how to invest or save... or at least hire a financial advisor to deal with that money... oh well, they are still teenagers... damn.

thats a great plan... minus the fact that they can't say where the money came from or anything so they'd be fucked. you can't just go to a bank or go and invest millions of dollars from drug smuggling.

SimpleS14
10-18-2005, 09:26 AM
thats a great plan... minus the fact that they can't say where the money came from or anything so they'd be fucked. you can't just go to a bank or go and invest millions of dollars from drug smuggling.

why not? I can see how you can deposit that money into mutal funds or a money market at the bank.

FaLKoN240
10-18-2005, 09:55 AM

That's why you have negative rep. All you do is shoot people's ideas down with your "higher than thou" attitude. It's really irritating, and I can identify your name with those eyesore red squares. Maybe if you just posted, "That was a cool read," or "hey, those guys were dumb." Instead of posting some hater shit, your rep might go up. I don't see a bright future for you on this board.

You should go join Thehatersforum.com or something, maybe they'll be able to appreciate you there.

O, and please give me negative rep JCB, seeing as it won't do shit to my reputation.

On topic however,

I found the read pretty cool, those guys made hella dough, too bad they couldn't stick to their plan of making a cool 3 million.

SlideStyle180
10-18-2005, 11:37 AM

Hmm...

1.Wamu
2.Wells Fargo
3.Bank of America
4.Other common banks

and some other banks you can use at the same time... it's not like you'd have to put all ur money in one place, maybe small amounts...

TOMY
10-18-2005, 11:44 AM
crazy, thanks for the link

Jcb890
10-18-2005, 12:19 PM
it was definately a cool read and must have been a great time and they got fucked because they were insanely stupid about it.

however, you CANNOT just go and put millions of dollars in the bank. there's this thing called the IRS. all they have to do is look at your tax claims and see what your income is. i'm guessing normal pizza delivery boys don't get tipped in $1,000 bills and have millions to deposit. come on people, think here. its called a paper trail. if it could be done, everyone would do it.

240falkon, i'm not gonna give you neg rep since you didnt give it to me. i could care less about the whole "rep" thing as a bunch of it is from one person. oh, and this is an open forum, not a "hey, if you have nothing nice to say, dont say it. everyone has to have the same views" type of deal. so until a mod tells me to shutup or warns me, i will voice my opinion.

Jcb890
10-18-2005, 12:25 PM
why not? I can see how you can deposit that money into mutal funds or a money market at the bank.

you can deposit all the money you want, but it needs to come from somewhere and being a drug dealer doesnt count ;)

240SeXy!
10-18-2005, 12:25 PM
they need to split the money, i know when all of a sudden you have much money, but if you play your cards right you can put most of it away. But this takes too much work for potheads... :werd: :ughug:

TheWolf
10-18-2005, 12:27 PM
wow interesting read... funny how the asian rival ghetto thug wanna be is the only one who ended up dead. If he would have held tight and just watched the stoners business unravel... he'd have been last man standing.. when was the last time you ever heard cops admit to overlooking a drug smuggling operation for a period of like 6 months or more... shesh... I smell either a payoff or a severly underfunded police force. Since local cops get a hunk of the siezure one could ponder that they might have let it go on so they could seize 6 million in cash instead of a couple of small time bust.

Jcb890
10-18-2005, 12:36 PM
cops have bigger shit to worry about than weed. crystal meth labs are more important than some kid selling quaps.

theicecreamdan
10-18-2005, 12:54 PM
all the towns up there are small towns, they dont have huge police forces like you have down in Florida.

carlos9984
10-18-2005, 03:49 PM
damn.. :eek:

...this would make a really good movie... yes?! no?!, no?! yes?!?

Jcb890
10-18-2005, 04:34 PM
damn.. :eek:

...this would make a really good movie... yes?! no?!, no?! yes?!?

its been done. Scarface, Blow, etc, etc.

carlos9984
10-18-2005, 04:40 PM
its been done. Scarface, Blow, etc, etc.

yea i know that but i mean of them..

tew photy
10-18-2005, 04:50 PM
all i know is 7 tons is fat weight. the part that i found weirdest was that the main guy got 10 years that are mandatory, while the others got bullshit like 30 months in a halfway house

Jcb890
10-18-2005, 05:34 PM
whats even more BS is the dude who killed the other dealer gets a chance for parole before the kid does who was selling the pot. now, i think someone who MURDERS someone should get more mandatory jail time than some kid who was selling weed, thats just fucking stupid. gotta love our legal system...

Arsenal of Glory
10-18-2005, 05:49 PM
it was definately a cool read and must have been a great time and they got fucked because they were insanely stupid about it.

however, you CANNOT just go and put millions of dollars in the bank. there's this thing called the IRS. all they have to do is look at your tax claims and see what your income is. i'm guessing normal pizza delivery boys don't get tipped in $1,000 bills and have millions to deposit. come on people, think here. its called a paper trail. if it could be done, everyone would do it..

Jcb90 has a good point here. Money doesnt grow out of your ass and just deposit it into your bank account, especially something of this extremely high amount coming from a small town pizza delivery boy. Same thing if i work at a grocery store and go rob 5 banks and come out with 10 million dollars, IRS will be high suspiscious about a grocery clerk making millions of dollars....

Jcb890
10-18-2005, 06:25 PM
Jcb did make a good point, and I wanted to +rep him for it. but I can't yet

lol, thanks.

Jcb890
10-18-2005, 06:26 PM
Jcb90 has a good point here. Money doesnt grow out of your ass and just deposit it into your bank account, especially something of this extremely high amount coming from a small town pizza delivery boy. Same thing if i work at a grocery store and go rob 5 banks and come out with 10 million dollars, IRS will be high suspiscious about a grocery clerk making millions of dollars....

yup. someone else knows what they're talking about.

mjjstang
10-18-2005, 08:04 PM
well it seems cordeimnot gonna even try to spell it lane, police have more important things, and apparently the irs, because they got away with the money issue for a while, it was the violence that finally made them get involved, that story is like 10 times better than blow, alhtough blow was pretty sweet too.

Jcb890
10-18-2005, 08:57 PM
if you dont think that the cops/irs were turned on to them when they started buying houses and cars and all this shit then you're retarded.

Phlip
10-18-2005, 10:23 PM
so until a mod tells me to shutup or warns me, i will voice my opinion.
Please pay attention to the fact that the moderators names are all bold, then read:
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showpost.php?p=837132&postcount=45
then:
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showpost.php?p=837140&postcount=46
and:
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showpost.php?p=837708&postcount=53
... mention was made that you've been getting yourself neg-repped for simply creating the constant necessity of moderator attention. In do not get paid for this, please do not make this more difficult than it should be.

Now please resume talking about whatever this thread was about.

OdessaS13
10-18-2005, 10:52 PM
IF the pizza boy was smart he would have stashed hella money in some secrect account and after he gets out of jail he be freakin rich..yeah, thats how i would do it :naughty:

TheSnail
10-18-2005, 11:29 PM
My friends and I used to run our side of town (East Durham) back in the day. But not to that extent, it was more like 300k over 5 years. Most of them smoked their profit away, but I ended up recycling guns into the community, to the point that my enemies had guns that originally came from me. I supplied half the city with them, and the cops knew me by name. Me and this one guy that wanted each other dead, met one night as he rolled up to my friends house to buy a half. Once I saw it was him in the back seat I bitched him out. He stepped out of the car and pulled a gun on me, I pulled out a kitchen knife (that we used to cut pizza 5min earlier) and cased him around his friends car . He got back in the car and kept the gun pointed at me as they were taking off. The next day I found out he told people "I pulled out a machete". Bitch ass.

It was almost never about money. It was mainly more like gang wars. But we were not in a gang, just a group of people that thought the same;)

mjjstang
10-19-2005, 06:52 PM
if you dont think that the cops/irs were turned on to them when they started buying houses and cars and all this shit then you're retarded.

thats what im sayin, the irs/cops knew what was goin on, they just didnt care, had the violence not been involved then they problaby would have gotten away with it, which would have been sweet and good for them, however if they were sellin crack or something then thats a different story. horray for fat 19 year olds who get off their ass and do something.

Hondamatic
10-19-2005, 07:34 PM
Please pay attention to the fact that the moderators names are all bold, then read:
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showpost.php?p=837132&postcount=45
then:
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showpost.php?p=837140&postcount=46
and:
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showpost.php?p=837708&postcount=53
... mention was made that you've been getting yourself neg-repped for simply creating the constant necessity of moderator attention. In do not get paid for this, please do not make this more difficult than it should be.

Now please resume talking about whatever this thread was about.

haha i picture you being some angsty fanboy who has to babysit a forum all day

Chasmoore04
10-19-2005, 08:00 PM
Good story

smokeybear
10-19-2005, 08:13 PM
excellent read, it was on my local import board. seriously though, whos going to canada with me lol??

Jcb890
10-19-2005, 09:11 PM
thats what im sayin, the irs/cops knew what was goin on, they just didnt care, had the violence not been involved then they problaby would have gotten away with it, which would have been sweet and good for them, however if they were sellin crack or something then thats a different story. horray for fat 19 year olds who get off their ass and do something.

oh they definately wouldnt have gotten away with it forever because the IRS and gov't would want their money and whatnot. they clearly had more important shit to deal with though, like the meth labs they were talking about which are far more dangerous and whatnot.