PDA

View Full Version : Group Buy: Syko Performance RB25 install kit the cleanest out!!!

drift freaq
10-13-2005, 09:43 PM
Ok there has been a lot of threads with us talking about this kit . We have 5 sets of this kit right now ready for Prime time!!
kit is going to go for $1000 we will need 5 people on this group buy.
This kit has been designed to set the RB25 in your car as low and as far back as possible. With this kit you could run the stock manifold without having to do any hood modifications.
For the people that do not know the kit consists of :
Syko Performance custom elbow/downpipe 3 inch stainless all the way through designed to clear the steering column.
SyKo Performance Custom Urethane engine mounts( you have seen them on the KA SR sets now we have them for the RB!!) with transmission brackets and swaybar spacers.
Syko Performance Driveshaft!!
We also offer a wire service for $300
here is a pic of the kit in my RB powered S13 Fastback with the Greddy intake on hehehhe:D

kouki_s14
10-24-2005, 12:45 AM
how would you say this kit compares to the mckinney one? (besides the price)

drift freaq
10-24-2005, 10:31 AM
how would you say this kit compares to the mckinney one? (besides the price)
superior. Our custom 3 inch stainless steel elbow/downpipe eliminates the necessity of having to notch the stock elbow for steering clearance. Our engine mounts do not use extension brackets on the engine which is where most of the torque is transferred. You get more for your money with ours seeing as we include the downpipe as part of the initial kit not a add on.

anotherblusi
10-25-2005, 05:22 PM
some pics of all the pieces in the kit would be nice...

drift freaq
10-25-2005, 06:26 PM
don't have room to post them right now. I am close to my allotted amount of space email, me for the pics.

NismoSilvia270R
10-25-2005, 11:10 PM
you got engines to go with that kit?

best ive found was 2000 for engine, trans, ecu, and harness. thats local pickup too...

rbs are hot, but expensive.

will the 25kit work with the 26?

drift freaq
10-26-2005, 12:23 AM
you got engines to go with that kit?

best ive found was 2000 for engine, trans, ecu, and harness. thats local pickup too...

rbs are hot, but expensive.

will the 25kit work with the 26?
thats not a bad price for a complete motorset. We have not finished the 26 kit yet. Its a current work in progress. There are differences in downpipes and engine mounts.

chlatboy
11-15-2005, 09:59 AM
Ill pick one up soon. Just gotta get enuff money for everything.

exitspeed
11-15-2005, 10:41 AM
Wow what a good deal. I understand this is a gruop buy, BUT is this something that will be availibel down the road also? This may help me decide between SR and RB finally. I do not plan to swap until late summer next year is why I ask about the future.

exitspeed
11-15-2005, 10:43 AM
don't have room to post them right now. I am close to my allotted amount of space email, me for the pics.

Why would you not host your pics on www.photobucket.com or something?

chlatboy
11-15-2005, 07:47 PM
Any tranny mounting in the making? And will power steering and AC still work?

drift freaq
11-15-2005, 08:45 PM
Any tranny mounting in the making? And will power steering and AC still work?
We have machined aluminum transmission brackets so you can use a stock transmission or Nismo mount. When Syko develops a urethane trans mount to compliment the urethane engine mounts it will be added to the package of course that will raise the kit cost a certain amount.
Power steering is taken into account if you follow our instructions. AC is only a matter of you taking it to a AC shop that can weld to have your stock AC lines extended to the fittings on the RB25 AC pump that you get with your clip when you buy a clip or motorset.
All of this stuff works with our kit and its up to the customer if they want to hook those items up or not.

drift freaq
11-15-2005, 08:46 PM
Why would you not host your pics on www.photobucket.com or something?
we will consider that , thank you for your suggestion.

kouki_s14
11-16-2005, 01:48 AM
i recently pick up a kit from drift freaq, quality looks good and his partner even gave me some picture instructions and walked me through step by step. really nice guys to deal with or just talk with. i will be posting pics of mounts and install in a few weeks when i start working on it.

thanks drift freaq!

Al_S14
11-16-2005, 10:31 AM
will that downpipe match up to the rest of S14 exhaust? and make it 100 bolt on as far as exhaust goes?

this is proably a given but i just wanted to double check.

cali240sxdrifter
11-16-2005, 10:35 AM
Dave, i'll host them pics up for you

Tenchuu
11-17-2005, 11:48 PM
as you know i will bein on this hopefully in a matter of days

drift freaq
11-20-2005, 12:06 AM
ok people pics are going up monday. I have been very busy trying to tie current things up before leaving for the bay area for thanksgiving on tues. I will be out of town till the following tues.

drift freaq
11-21-2005, 06:32 PM
take a look at the top of the page. you will see I posted a pic of the complete kit.

drift freaq
11-21-2005, 11:46 PM
will that downpipe match up to the rest of S14 exhaust? and make it 100 bolt on as far as exhaust goes?

this is proably a given but i just wanted to double check.
sorry I did not respond sooner. Got tied up with a few things anways yes the downpipe is designed to work with s14's and s13's. it will be a 100% bolt on.

driftfactory
11-22-2005, 12:32 PM
How thick is the steel on that elbownpipe thing? My only concern is that the elbow absorbs more heat than the downpipe overall and by joining them you will probably transfer the heat father back into the downpipe.

Bosozoku drift
11-22-2005, 11:15 PM
How thick is the steel on that elbownpipe thing? My only concern is that the elbow absorbs more heat than the downpipe overall and by joining them you will probably transfer the heat father back into the downpipe.

Hey Driftfactory, I've noticed that many companies like HKS, Perrin, etc use a one piece elbow/downpipe design on applications like the Subaru STI. I'm trying to figure out what the difference would be compared to using a tubular elbow bolted to a downpipe. Wouldn't the heat transfer through in a similar manner? So what's worse, having the heat soak in the turbo or transfer away through the exhaust? Way I see it, this downpipe allows more air to exit the turbo(3" all the way) so even though the air flowing out may be a slight bit hotter,the net flow should still result in a net gain. Please don't take this in a negative way. I'm not trying to start anything with you,but you raised an interesting point that I wanted to explore. Could you please clarify your theory if this is not your concern. I do agree that using thicker tubing (ie 16 gauge)vs something thinner makes for a better downpipe.

drift freaq
11-23-2005, 07:26 PM
the elbow/downpipe is 16 gauge 304 stainless steel, which is top notch high quality tubing. I am running this downpipe on my own car and have not had any problems with heat transfer at all.

sdtouge
11-23-2005, 08:12 PM
how is the clearnace with this down pipe? like ground clearanace.

drift freaq
11-23-2005, 09:21 PM
how is the clearnace with this down pipe? like ground clearanace.
clearance is actually quite good. It was designed to hug the chassis as close as possible. In that sense it does not drop below the frame rail.

andrewmp6
11-27-2005, 07:36 AM
hey drift freaq do you know anyone that makes a intercooler kit for the rb25 s13 swap and the power steering and a/c lines would be nice i just found the site and already love it

FaLKoN240
11-27-2005, 11:33 AM
I saw the motor mounts in person. FUCKING SOLID.I would definately buy from this Dave.

Also, Dave said his company has a front mount kit in the makings.

andrewmp6
11-29-2005, 12:41 AM
sweet now i cant wait to buy a rb i been wanting too just dont like having to custom make everything almost i just found this site and love it i hope more people make and sell rb swap parts

drift freaq
11-29-2005, 01:11 AM
sweet now i cant wait to buy a rb i been wanting too just dont like having to custom make everything almost i just found this site and love it i hope more people make and sell rb swap parts
we are working on a RB FMIC kit for the s13 as well as the s14.
Like I have stated before power steering lines are not a problem the kit utilizes the 91 up power steering lines so if your S13 is 89-90 then you just have to get some 91 up power steering lines. As I also stated before the AC lines just need to be extended. You use the AC fittings that come on the compressor on your RB.

sidewaysstarion
11-29-2005, 07:13 AM
hey drift freaq is there anyway i could come by an look at one of those kits. im located in torrance. also where did you get that intake?

drift freaq
11-29-2005, 03:15 PM
hey drift freaq is there anyway i could come by an look at one of those kits. im located in torrance. also where did you get that intake?
later in the week yes, The Greddy intake is available in a few places and I should have it available soon as well.

drift freaq
12-07-2005, 06:35 PM
later in the week yes, The Greddy intake is available in a few places and I should have it available soon as well.
we have a fresh set of kits available in time for Christmas. Yes the first 5 sets are gone but we did stock 10 more kits. So come and get them. The current 5 people that purchased are in the middle of their installs and quite happy we should be seeing pics from them soon.

andrewmp6
12-11-2005, 04:06 AM
i saw your 2 sites what are you using for the tranny crossmember and how do you get the engine lower and all the way back with the r33 cross member

drift freaq
12-11-2005, 12:13 PM
i saw your 2 sites what are you using for the tranny crossmember and how do you get the engine lower and all the way back with the r33 cross member
You use the stock manual trans crossmember from your car or the the stock manual trans crossmember from the R33 GTS clip.
Our custom polyurethane mounts are designed, along with the custom transmision brackes to lower the engine and set it farther back. To improve weight distribution and center of gravity.

andrewmp6
12-11-2005, 11:07 PM
how much will the intercooler kit be and will you make one with the greddy intake manifold

kouki_s14
12-11-2005, 11:46 PM
dave told me the intercooler kit will be made strictly for the greddy intake manifold

drift freaq
12-12-2005, 09:46 PM
thank you Henry and yes that is true.

drift freaq
12-12-2005, 09:56 PM
dave told me the intercooler kit will be made strictly for the greddy intake manifold
thank you Henry, We do not have a price on the intercooler kit yet its in prototype stage and we should have a price sometime in the next month.

drift freaq
12-25-2005, 12:32 AM
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all.

supracrazy
12-25-2005, 01:36 PM
Did you guys ever finish the Rb26 kit?

Slam
12-27-2005, 02:56 AM
Any firewall/tunnel area clearance work needed?

I was reading a mag and when they did a rb install w/ the mckinney kit in a S13, the needed to bang the firewall a bit around the tunnel area for clearance.

drift freaq
12-27-2005, 10:35 AM
Any firewall/tunnel area clearance work needed?

I was reading a mag and when they did a rb install w/ the mckinney kit in a S13, the needed to bang the firewall a bit around the tunnel area for clearance.
Syko mounts are designed with some forward and backward adjustability.
With the Syko kit you do not need to do any primitive firewall banging. Syko does recommend if you want the engine all the way back you should grind a little off the rib of the trans in the area
(by the starter) or tap the firewall out a little bit(1/8 to 1/4 inch). Due to the fact that the engine mounts are made of a high durometer polyurethane, the movement of the engine is very limited. I believe the Mckinney sits higher giving you less firewall clearance making more nescessity.

drift freaq
12-27-2005, 10:36 AM
Did you guys ever finish the Rb26 kit?
The RB26 kit is still in Prototype stages, but is not finished yet.
Syko will announce a release date as soon as available.

adoboboy
12-28-2005, 09:00 AM
I have a few q's. If I go with the r33 rear diff, would I still need the drive shaft in your kit if I already have an r33 drive shaft?
Also, do I need your wiring service if I have an R33 wiring harness?

Thanks

drift freaq
12-28-2005, 10:27 AM
I have a few q's. If I go with the r33 rear diff, would I still need the drive shaft in your kit if I already have an r33 drive shaft?
Also, do I need your wiring service if I have an R33 wiring harness?

Thanks
you would still need the driveshaft in your kit because the R33 driveshaft is for a Skyline not a 240sx and there are length differences between the driveshafts for the two cars. If you do not have someone else to wire for you or cannot attempt wiring yourself you still would need to use our wire service. Having the R33 engine harness is a nescessity for the sake of doing the wiring job.

drift freaq
01-26-2006, 01:21 AM
I have to thank all the people that have purchased . thank you all!!