PDA

View Full Version : '90 240sx fastback

daryl337
10-05-2005, 02:35 PM
alright.. here is the deal.
I have a black 240sx fast-back that I am putting up for sale located in El Cajon. I would like the buyer to pick it up, so local is preferable.
About 5 months ago I had melted the #4 piston in my s13 redtop SR.
I rebuilt the motor (adding a new greddy 1.2mm headgasket) and reinstalled it, only to find out that the piston rings did not seal properly in *gasp* my #4 cylinder... causing it to smoke something fierce. Technically she runs... but I would not drive it on the streets for fear of being pulled over. As much as I would love to continue my project.. I can't because of a lack of funds, transportation, and soon I am supposed to move. So it is within my hopes that I can sell this rolling chassis with the run down SR to someone who has intentions of doing a complete teardown of the motor...

I am not someone to hide the imperfections from you.. and because I do not have pictures available at this point... I am going to make a great effort to explain all of the little (or big.. depending on what you are looking for) imperfections of this car.

The driver's side door is wrinkled (due to an accident with a deer while living in WA)... and the radiator core support is a little banged up on the drivers side Also there are numerous shopping cart dings along the side. Underneath, the tierod end boots (where the ball joint is located) are all torn, so it might be a good idea to change those out as well. Both crossmembers (tranny and enginebay) are pretty crunched up as well, however the car tract's straight, and the chassis is straight as well. The only problem is that when you go to install the engine and trannyset... the transmission crossmember has to be pryed over in order for the bolt's to line up. Also, the undercoat is a little sticky due to a failure with my powersteering pump (which I replaced) a while back.

The interior is practically immaculate, except for one chipped corner on the center console, and of course the driver's seat's padding has sort of settled in (which is really common with these seats)... but I might want to remove my dvd player from the dash... since I will no longer be able to ride in style in a 240.. I figure I might as well transfer my dvd player into whatever pos car I buy to get me around.

Now, the good stuff.
Installed in the motorbay is a(non-running) s13 redtop sr20det.
Aftermarket parts include:
Megan Racing 3" downpipe and dumppipe
Megan Racing 3" testpipe
Apexi N1 3" exhaust (single)
Walboro 255lph fuel pump
and a greddy 1.2mm headgasket.
So far, I have replaced the CAS and the Ps pump on the SR motor, everything else worked properly. The compression #' on the first three cylinders are around 170... but un-lucky #4 is sitting at about 145.
As you can see... I really have nothing to hide.

I also have the stock Ka24E motor and tranny combo sitting in the garage, so if you want, you can use that motor as a means of transportation until you rebuild the Sr. The only thing you would need to buy for it is a new exhaust... and stock exhausts are fairly cheap. The only reason I am not doing this myself is that, when I move into an apartment (from my friend's place)... I dont want to leave behind an s13 motor just looking pretty in his garage. So I figured the best way to do it is sell it all.

Now.. pricing... I dont really know what I am looking for here. I thought about putting in the KA motor and selling that as a rolling chassis... and then parting out the SR... but I would sort of like to know that some one would be taking care of my baby as a whole (I still DO love her.)
So... if you would like... you can call my cell # at 619-206-6690 or email me at [email protected] and we can set up a time for you to come over and take a look at the car... that way you can make your own offer.
This is a potentially good deal for people who were looking for a rolling chassis and a block to make a monster out of. I probably wont be replying to this thread... but if you feel sympathy for me... you can always bump it up!

daryl337
10-08-2005, 10:54 PM
Well, I decided that I might part out the SR and whatnot.. so be the first to hit me up for some ITAMZ. :D