PDA

View Full Version : Our NISMO Skyline GTR project car!!!

TunerTrader.com
10-05-2005, 12:12 AM
Hey guys,

We just imported an All original R32 NISMO Skyline GT-R S-tune, only 500 made. The car is mint! the engine has been tweaked by the guys at NISMO Japan and is seeing around 430 horses... The car is currently in the development stage as we speak, without wasting anytime.. we are aiming towards 700 horse in the next few months, if not more :clap: ... We'll update everyone with videos and photo's! this is gonna be a crazy fun project!

some photos:

http://www.jdm-imports.com/vehicles/images/silver_gtr_fl.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/12/web/2136000-2136999/2136658_3_full.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/12/web/2136000-2136999/2136658_4_full.jpg

For more photos and video's, you can view them here:
http://www.tunertrader.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=158

smellslikecurry
10-05-2005, 12:18 AM
wow you guys are going to ruin a work or art...why didnt you guys just get a stock r32 gtr and build the enigne on that...this cars a collectible

Supreme
10-05-2005, 12:24 AM
Ya, Id leave it alone, rims at most and keep the ones it has in plastic at all times. Congrats though, its badass.

TheSnail
10-05-2005, 12:25 AM
Nice

On a buisness standpoint:
Can you ship one of your GTRs to the US (if so how much is shipping). Also, can I drive up there, pick up the bc registered car and cross the border with out any issues?

RiversideS13
10-05-2005, 12:42 AM
it was 430 reliable whp that now you gonna ruin the nice set up...... +1 for please leave it alone.

but i kinda smell spam here...not too sure

Yoshi
10-05-2005, 01:10 AM
so true... why do you want to ruin a piece of GT-R history???

You should aquire a standard GT-R and mod it to 700+

From a fan/historic standpoint: with both cars it's win win
From a business standpoint: if you DO get your 700 out of another GTR, then you can compare your tuning to standard Nismo stuff with your customers, should be a longrun plus.

...and everyone is happy :)

Revolver Ocelot
10-05-2005, 01:48 AM
Yea, i say leave it in your shops display area if you have one? And get a standard Gt-R and build the hell out of it. But, dam that is a beautiful machine.

TougeRacing
10-05-2005, 02:47 AM
sweet riiiiiiide. how much u guys pay for it?

kazuo
10-05-2005, 03:18 AM
+1 for leave it alone.

It's LEGAL to bring '89 GTRs into Canadia now.. so just ruin one of those instead of ruining a rare piece.

Yay America Junior! ;p

SilviaNinja240
10-05-2005, 08:40 AM
cool car
G'luck with your plans for the car. :)

TunerTrader.com
10-05-2005, 10:26 AM
Alot of people come to Canada and purchase skylines and drive it back down to the border. The skyline is insured under as a 1989 240sx LOL... insurance is insanely cheap.

The vehicle will only be modified with reputable JDM parts. HKS Hiper Max coilovers on its way already... yes its a limited edition, but i believe if done right.. it doesnt matter.. I will keep everyone posted, so you guys can see the process of the transformation... so whatever you guys dissaprove, you can throw some input... so we'll do this skyline up right! :hsdance:

MakotoS13
10-05-2005, 11:02 AM
the point with valuable cars is to keep them stock and mint. tracking a car that is one of 500 isn't too great especially if you're drifting it and modding it to the hilt is even more retarded.

thats like putting a body kit on a mint condition all original ferrari or sumthin. okay, maybe not a ferrari but something rare and and that will appreciate over time due to that rarity.

wootwoot
10-05-2005, 12:06 PM
Giving it a bit more power isnt going to hurt it at all as long as you follow the general design philosophy. I would still drive it first and then fix whatever was insufficent compared to just buying parts immediately. I also doubt people drift in AWD cars usually =P

TunerTrader.com
10-05-2005, 03:39 PM
Haha this car isn't going sideways... exterior wise, you not gonna see much difference... maybe a 3D GT wing, Work S1 3 PC WHEELS... most work will be the suspension and engine..

Once again, if the car is done up clean and simple.. its gonna be good.. can't compare a NISMO R32 to a Enzo Ferrari... different class.

slide_or_die
10-05-2005, 03:48 PM
+1 for no mods
that car is reaaaallllyyy sweet, but its a work of Nismo art

Revolver Ocelot
10-05-2005, 03:51 PM
Does Gt wing mean what i think it means. Please god dont put an ugly airplane spoiler on that beautiful piece of history.

MakotoS13
10-05-2005, 03:56 PM
dude, he's from a site called tunertrader.com, of course he's gonna screw up a perfectly mint decklid with a POS ricer wing.

smellslikecurry
10-05-2005, 04:20 PM
please leave it untoucheddddddd or sell it to someone and buy a stock r32

WILDACEX187
10-05-2005, 04:25 PM
dude, he's from a site called tunertrader.com, of course he's gonna screw up a perfectly mint decklid with a POS ricer wing.

lol :Owned: :bowrofl:

freejus
10-05-2005, 09:26 PM
Okay okay, here goes one of my very few posts in a thread that's not in the classifieds. PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD do not do anything to that car. Seriously. What are you thinking? Get a gtr with a blown motor and show that your company can build a motor AND make it reliable to 700 hp. But don't destroy a work of art. Especially an r32. Go fuck up an r34 if you have to do it to a skyline. That car will be worth a good chunk more than you paid for it in about 15 years or whenever those cars will be considered vintage.

Phlip
10-05-2005, 09:35 PM
I am agreeing with the "leave it virgin" crowd, for the very same reasons, you have a piece of history on your hands, one that will potentially be VERY valuable not too far down the road. There is NO need to bastardize that history in favor of modifying that car. Get another, build IT up, hell build it with similar parts and make it cosmetically identical, but PLEASE don't screw yourself by modding this one if it is as authentic as you say it is.

NZO
10-05-2005, 09:37 PM
Why would you use a limited edition car when there are 200000 other r32s you could use instead of ruining this one. This is a sad day.

drift freaq
10-05-2005, 09:47 PM
man I have to agree with everyone else. That car is already a collectors item, do not, repeat do not, screw it up!! If you guys fuck it up like your planning I think a lot of people in the community will not want to do business with you. With the fact that you guys get GTR's all the time why touch a pristine peace of history that you have. Put in your showroom. Sell it to a collector for insane money but don't go modding something that is perfect and collectable already.

P.S. posting from the Heart of the U.S. Chicago!!

FRpilot
10-05-2005, 10:02 PM
think of it in terms of baseball cards or action figures as collectable items... you dont play with them and destroy their value as collectables.. you can probably sell it for a lot in a few years like everyone is saying. but you can do what you please. its your car.

besides, if you do mod it, it wont be mint anymore. you can call it a nismo r32 skyline, but like action figures its been played with.. so its not considered mint anymore..

have you watched 40yr old virgin? its like playing with one of his collectable action figures.. like iron man.. it was hard for him to not open it and play with it when he was in 2nd grade, but in the end it was worth like 10k (according to the movie).

Irukandji
10-05-2005, 10:37 PM
:-(

why ruin a perfectly balanced and engineered piece of machinery?

please dont tell me this car will be a track/drag whore...

sad to see such a nice car get hacked apart

EchoOfSilence
10-06-2005, 03:25 AM
Sorry guy, but I'm gonna have to agree. out of 500, that thing's a collector's car that should be kept mint in my opinion. But then again some people build GT500's, but others just make clones.
Anyway, I say leave it alone, since Nismo itself tuned it, it's sorta respectful to. Build another man. please.

TurDz
10-06-2005, 03:44 AM
As the 1 million other people who've posted or viewed this thread, I have to agree also.

Please do not mod this car.

I think I can speak for the Zilvia community when I say that we like to have very functional modifications and cars, and stray away from show cars or "garage queens." In this rare case though, you really do have an ultra-rare car, and this R32 is destined to be a great representation of Nissan's heritage of skylines.

It's your choice, but I would definately be disappointed if this car turned out to be like all of the other 600+ hp "cleanly modified" cars.

Andrew Bohan
10-06-2005, 03:49 AM
i felt bad about modifying my 10th anniversary edition RX-7 (1500 made) but it was crashed twice and already had aftermarket suspension, so fuck it.

if it had been all stock and no crashes, i wouldn't have modified it. leave it alone. don't even drive it. get another one.

SilviaNinja240
10-06-2005, 04:12 AM
i felt bad about modifying my 10th anniversary edition RX-7 (1500 made) but it was crashed twice and already had aftermarket suspension, so fuck it.

haha, good reasoning :)

TokyoNights
10-06-2005, 08:49 AM
How about who gives a fuck, its only a car.
Modd it, smash it, have fun with it.
In the end well all be dead and it wont even matter
I hate it when people buy rare cars and then garage them for their whole lives, beat on it like its ment to be beat on!

SR240DET
10-06-2005, 09:49 AM
I hate it when people buy rare cars and then garage them for their whole lives, beat on it like its ment to be beat on!

the other ones are ment to be beat on..... this one is ment to show nismo/nissans fine workmanship and pass it through time

just like my grand POPs told me about the early years... base ball cards were only good to put on you bike to run them through the spokes.... and the idiots would put the babe rooth cards on there bike... HHAHAHA suckers..

ZK
10-06-2005, 09:51 AM
I'd just do some little stuff like suspension/wheels.. leave the motor and drivetrain alone so you can still put it all back after you're done. I definitely would not want to do any permanent mods to such a rare car. Just drive it and enjoy.

BTW, you posted this announcement to a number of different car forums. From my reading, most posters from the different forums have told you not to touch it.

DrIvEsldEwAyS
10-06-2005, 03:58 PM
first off they paid for it they can do whatever they want. period.

lucky7
10-06-2005, 06:11 PM

:stupid:

drive the piss out of it. piece of history. eff that. thats what pictures are for. 499 other ones were made, so fucking have fun with this one. 430 nismo tuned horses and you wouldnt want to tear shit up in it? weaksauce

OdessaS13
10-06-2005, 06:55 PM
ya just laminate it, put it in one of those airtight seal bags and wait for the value to go up :goyou: yeah, but that car looks :yum:

ThatGuy
10-06-2005, 07:09 PM
+1 for get another car to work on.

Not because I feel like you're killing a unicorn or anything, just because I don't think it show's much skill to build a car that's already built pretty well stock. Don't get me wrong, a car can always be improved on, but why not start with something more basic to work with. You could easily sell this one and have more funds to build the next one. After all if anyone on here had the money just to stop you from destroying what they consider a "Collectors Item" you could've sold it already. We all know Skyline's can be built up very nicely. Many, many, many Japanese tuners have already proven this fact. If you want to show off your skills, do something a little more challenging.

SilviaDriver
10-06-2005, 07:21 PM
if i had the money id buy it from you just to stop u.

rollhard
10-06-2005, 07:32 PM
Just because aftermarket parts are going to be put in place of whats already on there dont mean its going to be better.... :hammer:

Chasmoore04
10-06-2005, 07:32 PM
I say if you HAVE to mod it, which you shouldnt because it is perfect, use only nismo parts. Keep it period correct, dont change a thing. But its your car, so do what you want, it would be a shame to watch it be destroyed though.