PDA

View Full Version : Chinatown in SF

nismo-S14
10-04-2005, 06:01 PM
Hey guys, I'm going to be in frisco this coming weekend and was wondering whats the best chinatown restaurant in SF's Chinatown. Here in LA the best one in Chinatown to me is Foo Chow the one mentioned in the movie Rush Hour.

speeddreamz
10-04-2005, 06:23 PM
I usually don't eat too much in chinatown cuz the roads are too fucked up and its too busy and theres no parking. But if you go late late at night, theres a place called sam woo's open till like 3 am. Its on jackson..at grant if im not mistaken. Its cheap decent late night food. Try irving or clement/geary for chinese food.

jayka
10-04-2005, 06:30 PM
dont drive the 240 there that late, it wont be there when your done eating

nismo-S14
10-04-2005, 07:28 PM
lol are you for real? I have a S14 on 18's :(

psidriven
10-04-2005, 09:42 PM
yeah, stay out of chinatown. bad parking and shitty roads. stick with the richmond district (clement and 6th ave) or sunset (irving and 25th).

Dorifto89
10-04-2005, 10:56 PM
If you have time, search around for this really authentic/super good chinese place. I think it's called like, Panda something? I'm not really sure though...

projekt_s13
10-05-2005, 12:53 AM
hahah u get robbed in chinatown? When its gone ur gonna be :eek3: :eek2: :hyper:

So are u the only one coming from LA to SF?
If im not mistaken there was supposed to be a rally of peepz coming.

jayka
10-05-2005, 10:55 PM
if you got to go to chinatown park in the mission parking lot on mission st and take a bus to china town or just walk there from the parking lot. its like a 20 min walk through nice shops like nike town and high end stores, but clement st has some really good dim sum

OdessaS13
10-08-2005, 06:57 PM
go to Tsing Tao on clement and 32, pretty good or go to Jumbo on 23th noriega its not bad either

monkey7
10-09-2005, 12:18 AM
Try New Asia on Pacific. Its yum!

Drift101
10-09-2005, 01:05 AM
dude... Jumbo is SUUUUUPER cheap!!! And its pretty good too... heh... I 2nd that!

rainier
10-09-2005, 01:19 AM
chinatown/sf was busy as F*ck today. the damn blue angels.

8kred
10-09-2005, 03:17 AM
most chinatown restaurants are just there to fool people who doesn't know anything about chinese food. if you get a chance to come down to southbay then there are few decent places to eat.

sw20>>s14
10-10-2005, 12:19 AM
i fuckin hate chinatown! i was driving with my homegurl and apparently they are doin construction so those big metal plates were on the ground...on the top of one hill i guess the edge of the plate stuck out more than usual and bap! my resonators fucked...support bracket broke, dented resonator, and tore an exhaust insulator...so be careful when driving :rant2: on a lighter note you should drop by golden gate bakery...very good and well known pastries/desserts...

rcsmith01
10-15-2005, 07:56 PM
There's a place called Golden Dragon. There was a big massacre there in 1977, good food though.
http://www.asianweek.com/012899/mainfeature.html Scroll down to Golden Dragon.

If you'll be in the City, check out the Steps of Rome. Get there around 2-3 AM and you'll have a blast (if you can get in)

zhins50
10-19-2005, 03:33 AM
in my opinion the two best chises spots in frisco are sam wo which is in chinatown on washington at grant and its open till like 330 in the mornin
and sam tung on irving and 11th but they close at like 10

sam wo=famous old school joint thats been there for litterally a 100 years
sam tung=schesuan style, expensive but bomb as hell

Agent_S13
10-19-2005, 12:27 PM
How about any vegetarian chinese restaurants in the area?

Have a family member that's a vegan and want to check out a nice/clean place that offers a stout vegetarian menu in addition to normal/traditional chinese food.

Can't remember if the ones mentioned above (Gold Mountain, New Asia, Golden Dragon etc) offer a more diverse menu. Its seriously been years since I've been to those locations.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

-Aaron
'91 240sx coupe

slider2828
10-19-2005, 01:12 PM
Yah on grant street I think there are like 2 vegetarian places. i think on grant and sacramento....

trsilvias13
10-19-2005, 10:40 PM
most place in sf flunk that health safety inspection .. sam woo is on washington between grant and stockton. one block away is the parking garage. chinatown isnt that bad. no one get rob there. only bad thing is that there govt housing there and i never heard of any mugging or anything till the black people moved in. I say this from experience. I saw three of them trying to jack an old chinese guy. so my friends and I took care of that, we are in a martial art studio there and we do lion dancing and stuff, and we saw taht happen in front of us.

i dont eat in chinatown there better food on irving and clement like the guy said.

chinatown has many chinese restuarant and cheap too, but the quality isnt there.

go around the strip joint area , on broadway. eat at the stinking rose, rome, like sort of north beach area. a guy who beat the iron chef ( the non - us version) works or own of them.

rcsmith01
10-20-2005, 09:23 AM
most place in sf flunk that health safety inspection .. sam woo is on washington between grant and stockton. one block away is the parking garage. chinatown isnt that bad. no one get rob there. only bad thing is that there govt housing there and i never heard of any mugging or anything till the black people moved in. I say this from experience. I saw three of them trying to jack an old chinese guy. so my friends and I took care of that, we are in a martial art studio there and we do lion dancing and stuff, and we saw taht happen in front of us.

i dont eat in chinatown there better food on irving and clement like the guy said.

chinatown has many chinese restuarant and cheap too, but the quality isnt there.

go around the strip joint area , on broadway. eat at the stinking rose, rome, like sort of north beach area. a guy who beat the iron chef ( the non - us version) works or own of them.

Is that you Tony? I know a Tony that is a lion Dancer. Just saw him last week at Rincon Center. Where you there for the wedding?

jy116
10-20-2005, 09:31 AM
SF chinatown is for TOURISTS... go to Oakland Chinatown!... hahaha... well SF was the original one, but lot of it is for tourists... no tourists come to Oakland, so that Chinatown is less touristy :] Sun Hong Kong open til 2/3am! :]

cockroaches mean they have good foood :p

nismoenthu
10-29-2005, 07:31 PM
theirs this 4 star resteraunt in downtown sf called Tommy Toys...really elegant food!! a bit pricy but if your going on a date, your definitly getting laid!