PDA

View Full Version : omg omg omg drifting emergency.

mjjstang
09-30-2005, 09:00 AM
OMG OMG OMG I think I just missed some sr20 programming on speed channel. I was flipping channels and got to speed, well there was a red tint on the screen and the audio track was delayed half a second, 2 guys were talking in japanese accent putting a bm shifter on a tranny, then they go over to their buddy who is laying on the ground and they say, oh no they must have poisoned him, the sr20 was too much for him, FReeze frame then they put up "Drifting Emergency" In japanese style letters. anyone see that show was it good omg omg I hope they replay it. I think they were testing products for sr20

MakotoS13
09-30-2005, 09:15 AM
ya know, i was pretty sure this would be funny instead of gay.

the sad part about giving people more credit then they deserve is that i don't give them that much to begin with.

NismoSilvia270R
09-30-2005, 09:24 AM
saw it. dumbest show ive ever seen. and they only talk about what you can read on a product's box. like one long ass commercial.

trash

420sx
09-30-2005, 09:25 AM
damn..... omg omg omg i need another big ass 16 oz cup of coffee. you guys are depressing.

rrobe99999
09-30-2005, 09:37 AM
Yea, that's a segment on one of the Canadian shows. I think its "Sports Car Revolution". It's done at one of the well known NE shops. I can't remember which one. Maybe CIP or Heavy Throttle. The whole show is pretty gay so it kind of fits in. I like the car. I would love to hear from the guys that were in the segment. How much money/promotion did they get to humiliate themselves like that?

Dousan_PG
09-30-2005, 11:11 AM
hey valley girl..

stfu. haha

like you totally misssed it and stuff. i mean..omg!!

chuy
09-30-2005, 11:17 AM
I found a website where they talk about how they meet and the three of them really are corney like the show. But they have updates on the car and how-to segments also. I dont know if you could get to it by going to Speed though.

statik
09-30-2005, 04:26 PM
OMG ROFLCOPTER...I hope you were kidding

S13FREEAAK
09-30-2005, 04:28 PM
Yea, that's a segment on one of the Canadian shows. I think its "Sports Car Revolution". It's done at one of the well known NE shops. I can't remember which one. Maybe CIP or Heavy Throttle. The whole show is pretty gay so it kind of fits in. I like the car. I would love to hear from the guys that were in the segment. How much money/promotion did they get to humiliate themselves like that?

Its done at Heavy Throttle.

axiomatik
09-30-2005, 08:06 PM
The show itself is pretty good (it is indeed Sports Car Revolution, not quite as good as Dream Car Garage), but that 'Drifting Energency' segment is ultra-lame. All they do is list a bunch of parts they put on the car, you never even get to really see the car, the whole 'kung fu movie dubbing/lip-syncing' schtick is incredibly annoying by the second segment, and they keep doing it over and over, no dyno or track results like they do in the rest of the show, and it's just a great big commercial. Dream Car Garage could have done a great job, but they blew it royally.

infinitexsound
09-30-2005, 10:34 PM
wtf i just got my direct tv shit hooked up all they play on speed is stupid ass nascar shit......

lucky7
10-01-2005, 08:25 AM
wtf i just got my direct tv shit hooked up all they play on speed is stupid ass nascar shit......

yeah, that happened like 2-3 years ago. they used to play wrc and F1 shit all day. now its homogay nascar on 24/7. depressing. now you have to watch the spike channel on the weekends.

Phlip
10-01-2005, 08:36 AM
whisked away to off topic, where this belonged in the first place

axiomatik
10-01-2005, 09:20 PM
They still play WRC and F1, you just have to know when it's on (WRC's on Sunday nights, about every third week). It has generally sucked (ie, nascar 22 hours a day) since FOX bought it, but the gems are still there, just harder to find.

CAMFabrication
10-03-2005, 12:30 AM
Why is NASCAR gay? There's more technology in a nascar than a drifting car will ever see. I don't know why people think 800hp NATURALLY ASPIRED v8s, revving to 9,000rpm is gay. Nor is their areodynamics or the suspension gay. $100 bucks says any nascar driver could drive...or even better "drift" circles around you all day.

vile1
10-03-2005, 12:32 AM
Why is NASCAR gay? There's more technology in a nascar than a drifting car will ever see. I don't know why people think 800hp NATURALLY ASPIRED v8s, revving to 9,000rpm is gay. Nor is their areodynamics or the suspension gay. $100 bucks says any nascar driver could drive...or even better "drift" circles around you all day.

Amen to that.

Too bad they use carbs..OMG they would make 500000 hp if they were EFI OMG OMG ZOMGGGGGGGGG

theicecreamdan
10-04-2005, 11:34 AM
then how come you don't see any NASCAR drivers saving themselves from spinning out Cam man?
cuz Nascar can't drift! LAWL

and there is a pretty big difference in why "drift cars" don't have your "technology" There's more technology in a stock Corolla than a NASCAR. Seeing as how it was all created by robots, NASCAR is all hand built, where's the technology there? The only difference is the fact that NASCAR's technology is to create a race only vehicle, where the technology in your S14 is to be a mildly fun to drive go to work and school vehicle. The reason I'd rather watch drifting 22hrs a day and not Nascar is that I can relate to the cars I'll see on the track, I've actually driven cars like them.

Hey Vile1 just imagine if they all had ITBs and used megasquirt!!!11!! zomg

Eternal_240Sx
10-04-2005, 12:26 PM

I dont think its the cars that suck its the whole point that they go around in one big circle like 200 times, its like watching soccer (rarely any real action)... Whats the point of that?

EchoOfSilence
10-04-2005, 12:49 PM
I'll agree that it's pretty technologically advanced.
but the cars are special-built to do only that. The only thing that would make nascar exciting for me is the crashing, but that costs lives; and when they actually hit roadcourses, but i'd actually rather watch an actual SCCA runoffs or Speed world challenge. Circles all day may interest some due to the individual battles and things like that, but it's not my idea of what the cars should be doing in the first place.
Do you know how much technology goes into WRC and F1? jeez... it's rediculous. Back in the day, Group B cars were powerhouse showcases for the manufacturers, so much that their group got cancelled beacuse the cars were so powerful and advanced that they became hard to drive...
but i think watching F1 on tv is boring :o
And another thing, WRC drivers > NASCAR drivers. When they get invited to sit shotgun in a rally car, they go bonkers when they realize they got into the wrong thing.

mjjstang
10-04-2005, 08:56 PM
WTF THIS IS SO NOT OFF TOPIC IT WAS ABOUT 240 WHICH INcLUDES SR20 TALK, pffft

breakindrifts
10-09-2005, 03:32 AM
Its so not off topic? so I guess that means we are on topic.

Jcb890
10-09-2005, 08:09 PM
omigosh omigosh like i totally missed it oh my god guys.

you sound like a 12 year old blonde girl.

Jcb890
10-09-2005, 08:10 PM
I dont think its the cars that suck its the whole point that they go around in one big circle like 200 times, its like watching soccer (rarely any real action)... Whats the point of that?

:stupid: i agree. the cars and technology is sick, but the whole race is super fucking boring and stupid. its just a bunch of cars going around in circles, i dont find that very entertaining. however, the road racing is pretty cool but i still dont watch it.