PDA

View Full Version : Uras Stainless exhaust... opinions?

haggards13
09-29-2005, 01:22 PM
I just picked one up today. Hoping I could get some opinions.
Normally I'd research a product before purchasing but I got a great deal on it so I went ahead and got it. Not sure which model it is.

ThatGuy
09-29-2005, 02:56 PM
Then why don't you put it on and give US your opinions. What good is anyone else's opinion if you already bought it?? :loco:

haggards13
09-29-2005, 03:09 PM
Because I don't have it on yet. Was just curious as to anybody else's opinions first.
I'd plan on doing a product review anyways.

95Blue240sx
09-29-2005, 03:47 PM
3" no resonator and n1 style can? I have a URAS from the groupbuy a while back. Love it, its light and sounds mean. Why dont you post some pics or something.

haggards13
09-29-2005, 10:06 PM
I will when it's installed. The guy I bought my car from offered to install it for me when I dropped my car off to him today to fix the starter solenoid. I had to bypass the ignition and run a wire from my battery to my starter to kick it off just to get it to him today. Aside from that the car runs immaculately. That's beside the point.
Anyways, I'll take pics once it's on the car. Sorry I can't do any install pics. I'll let y'all know what I think of it.
I already have a Tokyo Racing intake and a no name header, so the gains from this will be a bit different from others but I'll let you know.
http://www.ihostphotos.com/imgt/155496.jpg (http://www.ihostphotos.com/show.php?id=155496)

And for those of you who are observant, yes, that's a SOHC engine bay.

haggards13
09-30-2005, 10:55 PM
Got it on.
It's loud.
Has a deep note to it though that I like a whole lot.
Fortunately, this car is basically a dedicated track car with insurance so I can play on the streets occaisionally. Anyone that puts this exhaust on their car for daily use should be shot in the face.
I didn't jack up the car to get a super close look at it yet, but from what I could tell by crouching down is that it has clean welds and superior build quality.
I've noticed a bit more power down low, although it seems as though I may've lost an infintesimal amount at higher rpms. Hopefully this wont be too bad for auto-x. Regretably, I haven't had the car long enough to even compare the performance of it before hand as compared to now.
Overall, I approve of the exhaust. It was definately worth the rediculously low price I paid for it.

red240
10-01-2005, 06:38 AM
I have the SS version with the resonator and it's great, not to loud!It's on an SR though.
I drive it everyday,Don't shoot hahahahahaha

420sx
10-01-2005, 09:32 AM
lol..... all 3 inch straight through's are gonna be loud. just get a bigger turbo to quite it down :))

haggards13
10-01-2005, 10:17 AM
lol..... all 3 inch straight through's are gonna be loud. just get a bigger turbo to quite it down :))
I'm NA for now. :hs:
I hadn't planned on doing turbo unitl I had the suspension and 5lug completely done but I got the exhaust for next to nothing so I couldn't pass it up.

SittinOnDubsWGW
10-01-2005, 12:40 PM
I have the SS version with the resonator and it's great, not to loud!It's on an SR though.
I drive it everyday,Don't shoot hahahahahaha

I've had the SS for over 2 years at this point with a high-flow cat, and its a little loud, but its deep, not very annoying. This is on KA.

haggards13
10-01-2005, 03:31 PM
Oh yea, this is with the silencer in. :hs:
Running stock cat for now.
On a DE.