PDA

View Full Version : Crazy video of a traffic stop..

Eternal_240Sx
09-28-2005, 09:09 PM
Work Warning for Strong language and violence.. (http://media.putfile.com/copkiller72220-5303)

w0nderbr3ad
09-28-2005, 09:21 PM
holy crap....i wouldn't want to be in that situation. i hope the officer is okay.

Drunk Bastard
09-28-2005, 09:21 PM
woah, thats pretty crazy :loco: :eek: :eek:

aznpoopy
09-28-2005, 09:33 PM
http://www.odmp.org/officer.php?oid=15034

Deputy Kyle Wayne Dinkheller
Laurens County Sheriff's Department
Georgia
End of Watch: Monday, January 12, 1998

Biographical Info
Tour of Duty: 4 yr
Badge Number: 37

Incident Details
Cause of Death: Gunfire
Date of Incident: Monday, January 12, 1998
Weapon Used: Rifle; .30 caliber
Suspect Info: Sentenced to death

Deputy Dinkheller was shot and killed after pulling over a man on a rural road about 6 miles north of Dublin, Georgia. During the traffic stop he called in for backup. Before the backup arrived he was shot by the man with a rifle. He was able to return fire, striking the suspect in the stomach. The suspect was found during a search the next morning and taken into custody. The incident was videotaped by an a camera in the cruiser. On January 28, 2000, the suspect was found guilty of murder and on January 30 was sentenced to death.

Deputy Dinkheller is survived by his pregnant wife and 22-month-old daughter. Deputy Dinkheller's son was born in early September, 1998.

:(

edit: more info on the actual fight

Brannan, a Vietnam veteran, advanced firing on the deputy. Dinkheller returned fire, but succeeded only in breaking a window in the driver’s side of the pickup and wounding Brannan in the stomach. Using `suppressive fire’, Brannan systematically, methodically shot Dinkheller in the arms, legs, exposed areas that would not be covered had Dinkheller been wearing a bulletproof vest, slowly executing him. Reloading his weapon Brannan continued firing with the final death shot to Dinkheller’s right eye.

darren240
09-28-2005, 09:36 PM
the cop should of cap his ass when he had the chance :bash:

RiversideS13
09-28-2005, 09:45 PM
i felt bad for him, he just too nice that he should have shot the crazy dude

420sx
09-28-2005, 10:00 PM
he was way too nice

m0rex
09-28-2005, 10:02 PM
I saw that. Its like of the top shocking videos that i've seen in a while. Damn it was so sad hearing just seeing the cop not being able to do anything. I've been in situations like that before they feel like shit. I mean just imagine yourself in his place.

FaLKoN240
09-28-2005, 10:08 PM
I almost started crying when I heard him screaming. Fucking crazy vets. He should have shot him after the 2nd put the gun down. But if he did, he probably would have lost his job or some bullshit. That's a shame a man with a family had to die, over a traffic stop.

HyperTek
09-28-2005, 10:40 PM
dam thats sad. Sometimes you gotta respect police officers work even tho we dont like thier judgement towards cars. Yah hearing him scream is pretty frightening. Just imagine if the cop happened to be asian, that war vet prolly woulda went super berserk and blew up the car or soemthing.. go all rambo or somethin.

That cop was young too.. so that means he was a cop at 18?

MakotoS13
09-28-2005, 10:52 PM
and you guys wonder why cops are a little on edge sometimes. every time they pull you over they're trying to figure out if that exact situation is about to happen. think about that the next time you wanna dish out some attitude or Ethuggary about some ticket.

ALTRNTV
09-28-2005, 11:18 PM
and you guys wonder why cops are a little on edge sometimes. every time they pull you over they're trying to figure out if that exact situation is about to happen. think about that the next time you wanna dish out some attitude or Ethuggary about some ticket.

:stupid:

That's exactly how I feel. It's sad he had to die. People bash on cops too much..

mrmephistopheles
09-28-2005, 11:18 PM
I would've shot once he aimed the gun at me, but obviously I wasn't in that situation.
When I was an MP (and especially when dealing with civilians) I was hypersensitive to any possible threat.
I only ever drew my pistol on 1 guy, but it was a stressful experience. Fucking meth junkies.

Ian
09-28-2005, 11:33 PM
fuck that, i woulda shot him after he said "No" the first time

my friend is a cop, and i respect them very much. some of them are douche bags, but most of them are just doing their job.

*hats off to the fallen officer*

TiNMAN
09-28-2005, 11:37 PM
:barf: my stomach is fucking turning.

SilviaNinja240
09-29-2005, 04:14 AM
ah jeeez, thats fucked up. My condolences to his family :(

kuramaya
09-29-2005, 05:35 AM
damn that sucks, I dont see why once the suspect was in the car so long he didnt get into a more defensive posture and prepare for some crazy stuff to take place...really sad...that guy was high as a kite..sounded like he returned fire but unlike movies, that show you exactly how hard it is to shoot with a pistol accurately, especially under stress...

TheWolf
09-29-2005, 07:54 AM
Exactly the reason they have tazers now.. Don't comply.. Zap.. wouldn't have given him a chance to go back to the truck and get the rifle

Jcb890
09-29-2005, 08:38 AM
dam thats sad. Sometimes you gotta respect police officers work even tho we dont like thier judgement towards cars. Yah hearing him scream is pretty frightening. Just imagine if the cop happened to be asian, that war vet prolly woulda went super berserk and blew up the car or soemthing.. go all rambo or somethin.

That cop was young too.. so that means he was a cop at 18?

you make me do this every time you post -> :bash:

Jcb890
09-29-2005, 08:40 AM

:stupid: definately.

420sx
09-29-2005, 08:57 AM
i feel bad, but damn he was soft with that dude. he kept telling him to stop for some time. remember the phrase "if u gonna shoot - shoot, dont talk". meth junkies are no joke for real

Andrew Bohan
09-29-2005, 01:51 PM
so who can tell me exactly what cops have to wait for before they can shoot people? i want some kind of official police rule or something.

they that guy waited til he got shot at, which is way to long in my opinion.

Eternal_240Sx
09-29-2005, 02:40 PM
i think if they see you going for a gun or any kind of lethal weapon they can shoot you.

someone correct me if im wrong.

slide_or_die
09-29-2005, 05:31 PM
^^no you are right
a cop cant fire unless his life is in danger.
he didnt fire cuz he wasnt sure about the gun till he saw it
damn...

infinitexsound
09-29-2005, 06:38 PM
pretty intense.........

MakotoS13
09-29-2005, 09:39 PM
thats also the reason my family carries 45's and not pussy 9mm's. you get hit with a 45 slug and you're gona feel it no matter how many drugs you're on. 9mm's don't have real stopping power unless you really hit center mass or the head.

TheSnail
09-29-2005, 09:45 PM
With a SPAS in the trunk, getting hit consecutively by 12gauge slugs, you wont feel it, shit just turns black.

jobestudios
09-30-2005, 01:03 AM
damn :( :(

thats very scary

AllenRPS13
09-30-2005, 02:03 AM
i feel really sorry for the officer... the vietnam guy is fucking crude

Var
10-01-2005, 04:39 AM
He risked his life for a country that failed him as a human being. He shot the man who represents the system. I dont feel bad for the police officer. Except that he was shot before puberty.

Nan Desu Ka?!
10-01-2005, 05:59 AM
oh jeez that was fucked up. hearing his screams made my stomach churn. he should have shot that fucker when he went back to the car. and yes 9mm are terrible weapons, give them a .45 of a .50. if that fool got shot in the stomache with one of those... he wouldnt be able to lift that rifle again. so sad :(

CHARLIE2020
10-06-2005, 04:05 AM
That cop should have killed that man soon as the gun was pulled on me......GAME OVER!

TheSnail
10-06-2005, 06:52 PM
^Its alot easyer to aim with a carbine then a pistol. The cop firing the first round was probably what got him killed. A 9mm to a m-1, is like holding up a police station with a rubber band gun. I would of rather told the dude to get in his car and continue with his day, before doing somthing like that for 30k a year.

rollhard
10-06-2005, 07:44 PM
the cop should of cap his ass when he had the chance :bash:

True that. As soon as he saw the guy holding the gun, that is the green light to light that guy up. I rather face suspension then letting some guy shoot at me first... :duh:

ThatGuy
10-06-2005, 07:50 PM
That cop was a pussy, sorry to say but fuck that soon as the gun was pulled on me......GAME OVER!

This was a really immature and insensitive remark. Please refrain from speaking poorly of the deceased like that again. You were not in his shoes. The fact that he put himself out there to "Serve and Protect" proves he wasn't a "pussy" as you so eloquently put it.

mads
10-06-2005, 09:18 PM
He risked his life for a country that failed him as a human being. He shot the man who represents the system. I dont feel bad for the police officer. Except that he was shot before puberty.

This country has failed us all in some respect. It doesnt give anyone the right to kill any figures who represent "the system." The police officer did know what entails in the line of duty, but noone ever expects it.

I probably would have shot the second I saw the gun, too.

I feel sorry for his wife and 2 kids. One not born till 10 months later, and one only 22 months old at the time. The kids never really knew their father, and their mother has to find a way to cope.

iMAGE976
10-06-2005, 11:01 PM
i coulda gone thorugh my life without having to see this Vid...

prodrivetom
10-06-2005, 11:28 PM

You need a swift kick in the throat. Seriously.

turbozxi
10-07-2005, 12:02 AM
Probably glad I don't have sound. At least they executed the criminal no capital punishment here. :bs:

loveless
10-07-2005, 12:24 AM
This is sad. I feel bad the the police officer, his kids and his wife.
What he could have done is shoot the guy in the arm or leg so he is not critically injured.
Even if he was too nice, he could have gotten back into the car and reverse as fast as he could.

m072514
10-07-2005, 08:15 AM
my condolences go out to that cops family. he died in the line of duty, please dont disrespect him. while police can sometimes act like dicks... they usually dont unless you give them reason to. as for the vietnam veteran, he was a liability to society and i would have shot him as soon as i saw him with the gun. being at the naval academy, i know of many vietnam vets that have gone on to serve their country and communities in a positive way for many years after the war, like vice admiral james stockdale, and senator john mccain. his behavior in this instance is inexcusable. -jack

*NismoS13*
10-07-2005, 01:10 PM
Sad yet all too common. That police officer made a mistake by letting the suspect return to his vehicle. God knows what people carry in their vehicles these days, so a police officer should never let a suspect return to his or her vehicle without permission first. He should have shown a bit more force with that loser, but unfortunately, it's too late now.

That officer most likely never expected him to open fire. He continued using verbal commands instead of displaying some sort of force to apprehend the suspect. But it's always tough because when somebody starts yelling "Shoot me" because then it might be a case of suicide-by-cop.

A police officer is only allowed to use deadly force if he or she truely believes their life is in danger. He can't open fire on the guy for jumping around or even getting back into his vehicle. But when he pulls a gun and takes aim - there's going to be a firefight.

This probably isn't the greatest video for me to be watching right before work. But sometimes it takes seeing things like this to keep yourself in check while out there on the roadways.
Well, I'm headed out to work my 12 hour shift for the Delaware State Police...

-Adam

TheSnail
10-07-2005, 01:15 PM
^ What is the charge for aiming a gun at a cop? And how long can you be put away for it?

MakotoS13
10-07-2005, 01:48 PM
getting a gun pulled on you changes your life. now, deal with that and try to act accordingly against a military veteran who's seen some serious crap.

he lacked experience and firepower and just got overwhelmed. could have happened to anybody. don't talk trash, even you var. if that was my uncle or my grampa dying on video you'd regret any and all trash talk in reference to it.

CHARLIE2020
10-07-2005, 03:36 PM
This was a really immature and insensitive remark. Please refrain from speaking poorly of the deceased like that again. You were not in his shoes. The fact that he put himself out there to "Serve and Protect" proves he wasn't a "pussy" as you so eloquently put it.

For a Marine you really erk the shit outta me with your moderator remarks..........just to let you know Marine I was a Marine myself 4 Years Active and 4 Years Ready Reserve.........and yeah had he had probably been a Marine he would have probably not gotten his ass killed (he had nothing but green lights to kill that man), im not being insensitive no disrespect towards the dead cop but hey he was clearly scared out if his ass, im sure must people would have been to including myself but I sure as hell would have reacted in a manor to save my own damn life.

ThatGuy
10-07-2005, 03:56 PM
For a Marine you really erk the shit outta me with your moderator remarks..........just to let you know Marine I was a Marine myself 4 Years Active and 4 Years Ready Reserve.........and yeah had he had probably been a Marine he would have probably not gotten his ass killed (he had nothing but green lights to kill that man), im not being insensitive no disrespect towards the dead cop but hey he was clearly scared out if his ass, im sure must people would have been to including myself but I sure as hell would have reacted in a manor to save my own damn life.

Uh, congratulations??? I don't really give a damn what you were, are, or will be. It doesn't change the fact that your comment was completely asinine. I also really don't give a damn that I "erk" you. While I do display the Eagle, Globe, and Anchor in my signature and a Drill Instructor in my Avatar, I don't feel the need to announce "I'm a Marine" to make myself feel better. If it makes you feel more like a man to talk down about someone getting killed or announce your service record, then go right ahead. Just don't expect it to impress anyone.

CHARLIE2020
10-07-2005, 04:21 PM
^^^who's the one here with Marine shit on there signature.........boot!.......lol

P.S. Is it boot or shower shoe?lol

CHARLIE2020
10-07-2005, 04:23 PM
and dont be a lil wuss and lock the thread like u allways do...........

CHARLIE2020
10-07-2005, 04:27 PM
By you even taken on the job of moderator on a public forum and got the nerve to flawsh my insignia combined with Zilvia tells me your young and full of yourself becasue u became a Marine and thats why u display it so proudly and its just funny to me.

ThatGuy
10-07-2005, 04:27 PM
Wow, your intelligence is staggering. You brought up a point I openly admitted, meaning you either failed to read my post before responding, or just lack comprehension skills. I have no need to lock this thread, you have shown you own ignorance better then I ever could have. Nice edit on you first post by the way, although it doesn't really matter considering what you really wrote is quoted in my post. You have yourself a fine day and feel free to make any other assumptions you choose as to my record of service. That's not information you really need, anyway.

CHARLIE2020
10-07-2005, 04:33 PM
isn't it. now go IT urself, fly like a lil green blurr

theicecreamdan
10-07-2005, 04:45 PM
just because that cop didn't have what it took to pull the trigger first doesn't make him a pussy. Being so young he was probably scared to death, and he froze. Just because you think you have the balls to shoot someone doesn't make everyone that hasn't had the experience to do so a pussy. I can say all I want on the internet that I would have blasted that mother fucker, but when its time, there's only one way to find out if I was right.

NemeGuero
10-07-2005, 05:06 PM
word, BatDan..... word.

Jeff240sx
10-07-2005, 05:39 PM
Charlie, stop. Really. I've never seen any member of the military over 25 act the way you are. It's really a shame that you're so proudly repping the Marine stance and acting like a 16 year old.
Next up, he's a moderator, and whatever little differences you have with him need to be taken to a private conversation. I don't know what you're trying to prove, but any more of it in public and I'll be the one to moderate you.

On the topic, most cops carry a .40, not a 9mm. The 9 has been phased out by nearly every large city, and most smaller towns, in favor of the .40 with more stopping power. You one or two talking about a .45 or .50 must shoot like a professional, because there is no accurate second shot with one of them.
I disagree with everyone watering down a loss of life to "failed country" or "pussy". You bitches do what? Sit on the computer, go to school, and job.. most of you are IT, aren't you? You can call him a pussy once you've done his line of work. Other than that, you're all sheltered, immature forum-dwellers using hindsight, which he didn't have. You think he'd have given the guy more than 2 seconds head start if he'd known how that situation would play out? Just stop. You all are depressing.
-Jeff

CHARLIE2020
10-07-2005, 05:47 PM
Jeff240SX moderate me then, wow

Jeff240sx
10-07-2005, 05:53 PM
Did I overage you? 12-14 maybe? What can't you just drop something? Don't ask to be moderated. I'm the first to oblige.
-Jeff

SimpleS14
10-07-2005, 06:48 PM
Man that was very tough to watch. Just speechless....

:(

MakotoS13
10-07-2005, 07:28 PM
seriously, this guy gave his life because he felt he had a duty to the nation. he got killed by some nut job who went crazy because vietnam wasn't a cakewalk. you got drafted, you got traumatized, sorry, but that doesn't give you the right to kill some guy thats just trying to support his family by keeping trash of the streets.

you people that talk trash about cops make me sick.

*NismoS13*
10-08-2005, 12:44 AM
^ What is the charge for aiming a gun at a cop? And how long can you be put away for it?

The charge for aiming a gun at a police officer is generally referred to as a "death wish."

And you can be put away for it for life...6 feet under.

-Adam

TheSnail
10-08-2005, 01:03 AM
Daaaamn....