PDA

View Full Version : Jobs in the evening?

95Blue240sx
09-27-2005, 05:00 PM
Well I'm looking for a new job. The problem is i cant start untill i get out of class which is at 3:15. Right now the only jobs i have found are Fedex and UPS. I dont know what other jobs are out there that i could apply for. I would love to work as an installer for Comcast/SBC, but they require fulltime 8-5. Like i said im still a student so im usually out of class by 3. Right now im working at an autoparts store, but i think it is time for me to leave.

So if you have any suggestions please post it up. If it helps i hate to work retail. I'm not going to work at a mall selling crap. I have some computer skills, nunchuck skills, strong back, mechanical type of person, and a liger is pretty much my favorite animal.

Also I am not looking for anything permanent, unless it is at SBC, Comcast etc.

rancid240
09-27-2005, 05:08 PM
-Ninja
-Security
-Amusement park
-Waiter??
-Pizza boy!!

Whats wrong with the autoparts gig? Any jobs on campus? I had a chill work study job for 4 years at SC, getting paid to do nothing has its perks.

U12Bluebird
09-27-2005, 05:33 PM
What about delivering food? Great tips and the time passes by quickly. Just don't do it for more than a year, or you will get burned out.

95Blue240sx
09-27-2005, 05:36 PM
My job now is ok, but Id like to get another job. I do sit there and deal with customers, but usually at night its slow. Im getting paid 9.25, and I just think its time for a change. Been there almost 3 years and it gets to you if you know what i mean.

sr240mike
09-27-2005, 05:57 PM
Dude, get a job serving at a restaurant.

smellslikecurry
09-27-2005, 06:53 PM
telemarketer for a mortgage company...10 an hour plus commission usually wokr 5-9 nights

Revolver Ocelot
09-27-2005, 06:58 PM
You can work night crew at home depot. They start at about 12 bucks an hour, or you can be a closer and work from like 3pm-12am.

ThatGuy
09-27-2005, 06:59 PM
Mercenary/Hitman. Create your own hours. Contracts pay well. Lot's of fun things to play with. Really expand your creativity. :D

Revolver Ocelot
09-27-2005, 07:40 PM
^There is your answer, no one else needs to reply. The job of all jobs has been suggested. :coold:

FaLKoN240
09-27-2005, 07:40 PM
Dude, get a job serving at a restaurant.
+1 or you could like. . .I dunno, haha you live too far from my work.

95Blue240sx
09-27-2005, 07:43 PM
Telemarketing i hate, a friend does it and its so annoying. No offense to anyone if thats their job, but its just not what i like.

Im leaning more towards a ninja ThatGuy, but ill think about it.

Any other suggestions. It's hard to be a student and work. My gf works in the mournings and goes to school at night, but i just cant do that. Id be freakin beat.

sr240mike
09-27-2005, 07:59 PM
Telemarketing i hate, a friend does it and its so annoying. No offense to anyone if thats their job, but its just not what i like.

If its cold calling, I seriously would like to jump through the phone and strangle the person on the other end.

Falkon, where do you work again?? Gokartracer??

FaLKoN240
09-27-2005, 08:05 PM
Yep.

message you have entered is too short.

anthony240
09-27-2005, 09:58 PM
Limo driver
or Transporter haha

TheSnail
09-27-2005, 11:24 PM
-Late night Zilvia Mod, @ $3.24 per year salary.
-MaleJigalo - $0-$200,000 per year
-Criminal - Prison-$$$++++$$$

projekt_s13
09-28-2005, 12:21 AM
or maybe u can be a "coyote", pays hella good

lol

iggy
09-28-2005, 12:42 AM
valet parking.. a friend of mine gets paid 11 bucks + tips at a hotel in downtown sf.. not bad for a chill part time job..

max_misawa
09-28-2005, 01:23 AM
BJ dont you want to get a job you can move up in?
or just want something to kill time?
union jobs will be best
you can work with your homie G at savemart
Cosco is union and they have 4~11 shifts i think
the post office?
golfland?
food service jobs really suck

o well just stick it out there at wincap

Max

Buffalo Daughter
09-28-2005, 01:31 AM
Any other suggestions. It's hard to be a student and work. My gf works in the mournings and goes to school at night, but i just cant do that. Id be freakin beat.

i got the same work/school schedule. I Work from 8-4:30pm and go to school from 6-10:00pm every day. Im hella beat but either way, if you work hard your gonna be tired.

SochBAT
09-28-2005, 04:18 AM
Factory worker. MAN i hate those jobs. Warehouse factory lines... simply stupid.

How about food services? Or graveyard jobs? Surveillance is good, lets you catch up on your sleep.

95Blue240sx
09-28-2005, 11:09 AM
I basically just need a different job from winchester. Right now im just looking for something to kill time in and have a different expierence. Ill check out costco.

Been searching craigslist and suprisingly no one needs a ninja in this area :wtf:

U12Bluebird
09-28-2005, 02:31 PM
I basically just need a different job from winchester. Right now im just looking for something to kill time in and have a different expierence. Ill check out costco.

Been searching craigslist and suprisingly no one needs a ninja in this area :wtf:

What about being a valet at a ritzy hotel?

SpeedMonkeyInc
09-28-2005, 05:51 PM
Try Trader Joes or something. They have night shifts where you are just putting away the boxes that come in. No customer service is the best job.

95Blue240sx
09-29-2005, 11:36 AM
o0oo0 ill check them out.

I hate customers! Some people are really anal and expect me to read their mind or know everything about their damn car.

This one time i was helping this guy out and he was like i need a cap and rotor for my car. So i just stare at the guy and im waiting for him to say the year and all that crap and i get nothing. WTF?

Another time this guy was doing the same thing like ^^^^ but he said "Yeah i need blah blah for me camaro." So i ask what year and he gives me this huge attitude like im automatically suppose to know.

Fucking yesterday i was on the phone with one of the accounts and someone sent him the wrong part and we stop delivering at 6pm. I told him "yeah we got it here, ill send it out tomorrow." And he was like "well you guys messed up i have a customer here i need it." So i tell him "well i cant send it out with no driver, Ill send it out tomorrow unless you want to pick it up." Then the martha focker says the same shit. And im arguing with this guy saying the same shit for at least 5 minutes. Thats a damn long time repeating myself. So i told one of the managers and i swear to god he was on the phone with him for 10 minutes repeating the same shit. GODD!!! fucking people man

Ive got so many stories of people that come in. This one is so retarded. So i ring this guy up for something small like a tube of silicon gasket. After i ring him up i put the recipt on the table and he says, oh i dont need a bag. So im like ok here you go and leave his shit where he put it. The he just looks at me, so i look at him back. Im kinda lost at this point, then he looks down at his silicone, so i look down. Im totally lost and i dunno what the fucker is thinking so i pick up his shit and hand it to him. Then he gives this sigh like hes thinking finally. I look at my co-worked and was like WTF was that about!? The guy was at the door and turns around and i still dont get it. Fucker thinks im his servant and shit. Fuck that guy what a tard!

max_misawa
09-29-2005, 12:42 PM
i am your master and you are my slave
thought you knew that
now go run and get me a 25 cent soda from savemart

Max

420sx
09-29-2005, 12:50 PM
bouncer at the club. pays good. chicks are plenty. dont do much.

95Blue240sx
09-29-2005, 12:56 PM
HAHAHA me a bouncer? If you have ever seen me im like a walking stick. You may have seen me on those commercials like feed the hungry.

420sx
09-29-2005, 01:10 PM
ok how about waiter at a bar? dude they make good money

haggards13
09-29-2005, 01:53 PM
I wait tables at night after class.
About 5 shifts a week. Minimun of about $500 a week.
Goes a long way towards modify the car.
I work at Outback Steakhouse in Baton Rouge.
Before the storms that affected the area I was making about $400 a week but with increased business I've been doing better.

A Spec Products
09-29-2005, 02:34 PM
fedex and those companies aren't that bad, i looked into it as part time in college

i think it was $11 something / hour, 17.5 hrs / week, with benefits

i ended up just getting a better paying part time (daytime) job

wootwoot
09-29-2005, 02:53 PM
I'm a big supporter of valet parking. Not only does it make you skinny but it gets your wallet fat fast.

TwoFourO
09-29-2005, 04:05 PM
I work nights at Albertson's in the Seattle area stocking shelves a.k.a. "throwing freight" and I'm making nearly 18 bucks an hour. The hours are shit (11pm -7:30am), but they may work in your situation depending on when you start classes in the morning. You can sleep after school instead of before and it may work for you. I'm bringing home about 600 a week after taxes with a peak of about 780 after taxes over labor day weekend. Anyways, you don't have to deal with customers and it's strait up physical labor. I have a compression fracture and hurniated(sp?) disc in my back with 2 bulging discs and I can work the job like a madman. If you want a job where you can throw on an mp3 player, burn some calories, and zone out for 8 hours, throwing freight/stocking shelves at night is the job for you. Any grocery store probably has the same jobs. The jobs aren't too hard to comeby because people get burned out on the hours easily. Good luck!

95Blue240sx
09-29-2005, 04:55 PM
sounds good. How long have you been working there? Is that how much they paid you starting?

Drunk Bastard
09-29-2005, 05:22 PM
Thurgood Jenkins: "dont call too late....im a stripper in the evenings"

haggards13
09-29-2005, 10:48 PM
I work nights at Albertson's in the Seattle area stocking shelves a.k.a. "throwing freight" and I'm making nearly 18 bucks an hour. The hours are shit (11pm -7:30am), but they may work in your situation depending on when you start classes in the morning. You can sleep after school instead of before and it may work for you. I'm bringing home about 600 a week after taxes with a peak of about 780 after taxes over labor day weekend. Anyways, you don't have to deal with customers and it's strait up physical labor. I have a compression fracture and hurniated(sp?) disc in my back with 2 bulging discs and I can work the job like a madman. If you want a job where you can throw on an mp3 player, burn some calories, and zone out for 8 hours, throwing freight/stocking shelves at night is the job for you. Any grocery store probably has the same jobs. The jobs aren't too hard to comeby because people get burned out on the hours easily. Good luck!
I bring that much in with half the hours at much better hours.
Sounds like a great job though, 'cause I hate dealing with people. I'm amazed with the shit I'll put up with to take people's money. There's something very satisfying about conning people out of their own money willingly.