PDA

View Full Version : hm.. just what I saw on the streets

vinhisbored
09-26-2005, 11:25 PM
Hey guys.. I was looking through pictures I've taken and uploaded on my computer, and I found this one.. I saw this driving on the streets.. and was like wow! Just wanted to share..
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a50/vinhisbored/skyline.jpg
I know, don't have to 'flame me' and say "it's not that big of a deal" because I know it's not, but like I said, I just wanted to share. I also covered the plates for the privacy of the owner out of respect.

TheSnail
09-26-2005, 11:26 PM
That's just not fair.:(

Indolent
09-26-2005, 11:27 PM
Oh Hoaidfl Shhhhh Hit! is that in japan? looks like those cars from japan, those old vans to the right of it lololol! kidding

vinhisbored
09-26-2005, 11:35 PM
That's just not fair.:(

Haha I was looking through your profile.. it says you drive a RB26 powered S13... how is that not fair.. I drive a stock kouki s14... :rolleyes:

ALTRNTV
09-26-2005, 11:35 PM
Puahahahahaah.... these guys are fucking around with you Snail.

OMGWTFBBQ
09-26-2005, 11:38 PM
sick

cant get enough of the R32

TheSnail
09-26-2005, 11:39 PM
It's sort of like the fake and real Bride seat thread. I made a fake gtr, though it was faster, I want a GTR for it's soul.

ALTRNTV
09-26-2005, 11:40 PM
It's sort of like the fake and real Bride seat thread. I made a fake gtr.

How ironic... you'll see why.

vinhisbored
09-26-2005, 11:42 PM
It's sort of like the fake and real Bride seat thread. I made a fake gtr, though it was faster, I want a GTR for it's soul.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a50/vinhisbored/s13-rb26det.jpg

Isn't that your car?

TheSnail
09-26-2005, 11:43 PM
You beat me to it once people started to act weird. Damn you guys. Snail has been tricked and owned. It was a set up, I know it.

Indolent
09-26-2005, 11:45 PM
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a50/vinhisbored/s13-rb26det.jpg

Isn't that your car?

wow thats cacryz

ALTRNTV
09-26-2005, 11:48 PM
I'm jk. I have no idea what they're talking about.

Indolent
09-26-2005, 11:52 PM
sell me your motor akadameigki1

TheSnail
09-26-2005, 11:54 PM
Isn't that your car?

Wait, I skipped that part. Now Im getting confused. is the pic a gtr 240 mimic? Or a real one. I am confused. What are you guys saying?

Here was mine

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y261/thesnail/DSCN4552.jpg

vinhisbored
09-27-2005, 12:02 AM
I honestly don't know exactly what it was. Someone sent me that picture and I think he was from the south somewhere? I believe it's like a T70 / T78 by the way. Do you wanna post pictures of your engine bay? :)

TheSquidd
09-27-2005, 12:02 AM
I think that is the 'GTR' fake that goes to the night "drift events" around my town. It's an s13 with a bunch of GTR body work, it's clean body work. But the KA24DE inside with the fake intercooler... well that I just don't approve of. Plus he never drifts it, which is... :ghey:

I could be wrong though.

TheSnail
09-27-2005, 12:06 AM
Here are some.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y261/thesnail/DSCN4517.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y261/thesnail/DSCN4554.jpg

vinhisbored
09-27-2005, 12:07 AM
I think that is the 'GTR' fake that goes to the night "drift events" around my town. It's an s13 with a bunch of GTR body work, it's clean body work. But the KA24DE inside with the fake intercooler... well that I just don't approve of. Plus he never drifts it, which is... :ghey:

I could be wrong though.

I took this picture months ago [summer] while I was visiting family in San Fransisco.

TheSnail* (my bad) - Thanks for posting your pictures.. you've cured my curiosity about what it looks like under the hood.. mind if I ask for numbers? [whp.. 1/4.. etc]

ALTRNTV
09-27-2005, 12:08 AM

I could be wrong though.

OUCH. :ughug:

ThatGuy - Thanks for posting your pictures.. you've cured my curiosity about what it looks like under the hood.. mind if I ask for numbers? [whp.. 1/4.. etc]

Barry didn't post in here. You meant TheSnail.

SochBAT
09-27-2005, 12:17 AM
I love that subtle "not turbo'd" look on your car Snail. Its awesome.

Indolent
09-27-2005, 12:21 AM
Barry didn't post in here. You meant TheSnail.[/QUOTE]

pwned lols

TheSnail
09-27-2005, 12:21 AM
I was wondering the same thing. But to answer the questions: I never took it to the 1/4, shit I have yet to go to the 1/4. I did not put it on the dyno, but the guy that bought it from me, did a base line dyno of 291rwhp on 8psi and a pfc that was just pluged in and not altered with. When I had it, I had it at 14.5psi, untuned pfc, so I would say around 350ish rwhp. The new owner just got some big hks twins, and injectors and z32 mafs, so he will be beyond 500 real soon.

ALTRNTV
09-27-2005, 12:23 AM
I love that subtle "not turbo'd" look on your car Snail. Its awesome.

Word. That's total sleeper status. You blocked all view of looking inside through the bumper since you put that huge radiator there!

TheSnail
09-27-2005, 12:25 AM
You guys are silly,lol. Everyone has somthing to say about the "lack of bumper."

Indolent
09-27-2005, 12:35 AM
lol this foo's grill be bling blingin

vinhisbored
09-27-2005, 12:36 AM
No no.. I like the look. I bet that radiator does it's job well! No one would think that you're fast, I mean shoot, they'll be like.. wow this guy thinks he's serious.. his radiator is huge!

TheSnail
09-27-2005, 12:40 AM
lol this foo's grill be bling blingin

After along time of figuring out the IC piping, it does spin when it stops.

No no.. I like the look. I bet that radiator does it's job well! No one would think that you're fast, I mean shoot, they'll be like.. wow this guy thinks he's serious.. his radiator is huge!

You got to watch out for them aluminium Koyo's:)

HyperTek
09-27-2005, 12:41 AM
thats an s13

ALTRNTV
09-27-2005, 12:44 AM
thats an s13

I'm glad Austin stays on-topic. Haha

SochBAT
09-27-2005, 01:41 AM
"Damn, that integra means BUSINESS!"

TheSnail
09-27-2005, 02:02 AM
The Probe's turbo owns the integra's. ;)

nrg
09-27-2005, 02:09 AM
that skyline posted is a fake skyline. looks like an s13 to me.
IIRC, vinhisbored is friends with the owner of this fake skyline.
I've seen this skyline in person at the illegal street drifts. impressive body work, but nice interfooler lol

plus, if you want to see real skyline, just take a drive to 310 and 626 area. there's tons roaming the streets.

edit: found the thread. Vinh, he's your best friend, and you're just finding ways to whore out that car.
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=70372

just admit it.

ALTRNTV
09-27-2005, 02:46 AM
edit: found the thread. Vinh, he's your best friend, and you're just finding ways to whore out that car.

just admit it.

Ouch again. Give the guy a break. The car looks sweet regardless.

420sx
09-27-2005, 07:19 AM
haha..... he is such a drifter.....

vinhisbored
09-27-2005, 08:16 PM
that skyline posted is a fake skyline. looks like an s13 to me.
IIRC, vinhisbored is friends with the owner of this fake skyline.
I've seen this skyline in person at the illegal street drifts. impressive body work, but nice interfooler lol

plus, if you want to see real skyline, just take a drive to 310 and 626 area. there's tons roaming the streets.

just admit it.

Haha yeah you're right.. but hey.. it's in 'off-topic'. Me and my friend were just looking at old pictures and we were like hey! that looks pretty cool, I should post it on Zilvia and see what people say! No, I'm not trying to "whore out the car". Anyways, it was fun to see people's reactions.. :)

ALTRNTV
09-27-2005, 10:41 PM
Here's a perfect example of people "hating" on cars that look good, but aren't "driven" per se. It's his car, he can do whatever he wants with it. If he wants to turn it into a show queen and never see track time, good for him. If he wants to make it look good, and also track it, even better. I find it funny to see people "hate" on cars just because the owners don't "drive" them the way they should be.

I'm not trying to defend anyone, as I also try to make my car look good. I also drive my car HARD everyday, but hating on people and cars for that reason is just stupid.

My $0.02

HyperTek
09-27-2005, 10:46 PM
car looks sick in person tho.. really good quality body work. Ive seen it. tho rumor has it that it has a fake intercooler.. but i dont know.

ALTRNTV
09-27-2005, 10:54 PM
It will be soon, trust me.

Another thing, cars that look like shit but are driven hard, or are amazingly fast, get more "props" from people then cars that look good. Take our cars for example. "Drift" cars with body panels hanging off, tape holding on various things, primered paint look "good" to most people on this forum. On the other hand, if they see cars that are done right, look good, but don't get any track time, they hate on it.

It's kind of funny. I'm neutral though. I do both of the things I just mentioned. Just wanted to point it out.

vinhisbored
09-27-2005, 10:59 PM
First of all.. please inform me about what a 'fake intercooler' is? You mean a radiator? Sure! It's a radiator guys!

Oh yeah, just while I'm at it.. here's his motor (well before he threw it back in of course)

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a50/vinhisbored/Picture053.jpg

..as well as a picture of his RADIATOR.
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a50/vinhisbored/Picture011.jpg

ALTRNTV
09-27-2005, 11:01 PM
^

Told ya. KA-T bitches.

s13speeddrft
09-27-2005, 11:22 PM
Is that on PCH? ive seen that car on the 405 before.

theicecreamdan
09-28-2005, 12:05 AM
Oh Hoaidfl Shhhhh Hit! is that in japan? looks like those cars from japan, those old vans to the right of it lololol! kidding

lots of JDM cars on the PCH

RiversideS13
09-28-2005, 12:43 AM
It will be soon, trust me.

Another thing, cars that look like shit but are driven hard, or are amazingly fast, get more "props" from people than cars that look good. Take our cars for example. "Drift" cars with body panels hanging off, tape holding on various things, primered paint look "good" to most people on this forum. On the other hand, if they see cars that are done right, look good, but don't get any track time, they hate on it.

It's kind of funny. I'm neutral though. I do both of the things I just mentioned. Just wanted to point it out.

But the fact is that there are alot of fake hardcore drifters around too. they drive beat up "drift machine" with mismatch wheels and fenders but that just simply they got no money to do decent works.
they never gone to track or drift session....just once awhile made a donut in the parking lot and think they "drifted"...
it just sad..

HyperTek
09-28-2005, 01:00 AM
well i said that was the *rumor* that was going around. i never hated on it. it looks good. actually from a collecters point of view, its pretty cool car to have.

nrg
09-28-2005, 04:07 AM
I remember looking at it closely and seeing the intercooler not hooked up. I guess it must have been the lighting.
I'm not hating on thatcar, it's just that you were trying to show it off as you saw it randomly on the street. Even when someone above me mention that it was an s13, you said something different.

i'm very impressed by the body work tho.

btw, what EMS is he running?

mrmephistopheles
09-28-2005, 04:17 AM
wow thats cacryz
how the FUCK did the R get all the way over there?

SilviaNinja240
09-28-2005, 08:08 AM
neato job! :)
Looks rad :)

TheSquidd
09-28-2005, 09:13 AM
Actually I was at the night drifts with Nrg, as the s32 drove away he said it was NA and the intercooler was fake so I assumed he knew what the hell he was talking about. :hammer: damn you nrg.

Anyway, I don't have a problem with not driving the car hard, but I do have a problem with bringing your show car and unwanted attention to a night drifting event and not participating. Oh wells. Like I said, nice bodywork, just not my cup o tea.

vinhisbored
09-28-2005, 09:19 AM
Haha I just wanted to fool a couple of people, not show it off. I wanted to be like... that little ricer kid that's like OMG! THAT'S AMAZING YOU NEVER SEE THAT HERE!!! OMG THAT'S SO RARE!! FUCK! Anyways, I didn't say it WASN'T an S13. Please refer back to earlier posts. The car has not gone for a run yet because he just got a ticket and sent to the referee, so it was never tuned yet, and he's trying to swap a stock motor into it right now so he can pass.

TheSnail
09-28-2005, 09:28 AM
Yes, you are a deceiving bastard.

SimpleS14
09-28-2005, 09:48 AM
Very good body work on the S13. Any side view pics?

vinhisbored
09-28-2005, 10:27 AM
Actually I was at the night drifts with Nrg, as the s32 drove away he said it was NA and the intercooler was fake so I assumed he knew what the hell he was talking about. :hammer: damn you nrg.

Anyway, I don't have a problem with not driving the car hard, but I do have a problem with bringing your show car and unwanted attention to a night drifting event and not participating. Oh wells. Like I said, nice bodywork, just not my cup o tea.

so it's his fault that that may be his only car to drive around and that his car gets attention just cause he brings it there? how do you know he wasn't lying to you and just wanted people to think it was stock lol, what about all the other people with 240's or other drift cars that dont' even do anything? there's some crazy drifter looking cars that show up and don't even do anything, some just sit there and watch. what about them? you probably have a probably have a problem with them also since they got some crazy drifter cary all fixed up for drifting, you should be telling them as well as others to participate also since they're attending lol, friday night on sep. 16th his car was participating, obviously you weren't there at the time i assume, we have vid clips

Very good body work on the S13. Any side view pics?

http://pic13.picturetrail.com/VOL465/2194199/8226066/113301911.jpg

HyperTek
09-28-2005, 11:17 AM
u guys talking about the "spot" in corona/mira loma?? lol..
that place is gay.

Indolent
09-28-2005, 02:25 PM
it's off of like the 60 between etiwanda and miliken exit's i believe

Jcb890
09-28-2005, 02:29 PM
its got a KA and a fake intercooler and its a wannabe skyline... wow. is this any worse than a nicely done s15 conversion to a Civic? nope. is it nicely done? yup. still gay tho.

ALTRNTV
09-28-2005, 02:39 PM
^

May I ask what you drive? Oh wait, it says '95 Protege. I rest my case. :jerkit:

What makes you say it's a fake intercooler? Because it's not hooked up to anything or what? That would be called a non-functional set-up.

What are you talking about "is this any worse than a nicely done s15 conversion to a Civic? nope." You're comparing that car to a Civic with an S15 conversion? The peoples ignorance level here is astonishing. :duh:

nrg
09-28-2005, 03:00 PM
oh I was right, it wasn't hooked up when I saw it. cheers.
vinhisbored, you can't fool me. plus skylines are a dime a dozen.
When I do see a skyline, I would just point to my friend and say "hey look, a skyline." then just contiune on driving. It's not like I would jizz in my pants and wack off to the seight of a skyline. :roll eyes:

If you want to impress people, why not drive through a high school or a mall?? I'm sure it will mutiply your ego by 5 folds and give you a larger penis.

this thread needs a lock. zilvia is for technical resources, not show off your pimped out ride. cardomain is the third door down.

vinhisbored
09-28-2005, 03:20 PM
oh I was right, it wasn't hooked up when I saw it. cheers.

you're obviously not looking, have you looked under the hood? I'm sure you haven't, and i'm sure you didn't even take a good enough look at the piping either
http://pic13.picturetrail.com/VOL465/2194199/8226066/113324870.jpg

ALTRNTV
09-28-2005, 07:21 PM
zilvia is for technical resources, not show off your pimped out ride.

Damnit. Zilvia should take off the Off-topic section, regionals, classifieds, etc and just lave the Technical section. Also take out the Picture Thread since Zilvia is only for technical resources. :gives:

Jcb890
09-28-2005, 07:32 PM
^

May I ask what you drive? Oh wait, it says '95 Protege. I rest my case. :jerkit:

What makes you say it's a fake intercooler? Because it's not hooked up to anything or what? That would be called a non-functional set-up.

What are you talking about "is this any worse than a nicely done s15 conversion to a Civic? nope." You're comparing that car to a Civic with an S15 conversion? The peoples ignorance level here is astonishing. :duh:

someone was saying it was just a KA with a radiator fronting as an intercooler, so i was going off of that. at least he's got a good motor in there, at least now i have some respect for him. fake, non-functional, same thing, its still gay either way you cut it.

what should i compare it to? how is it ignorant? he's making it a car its not, which is the same thing as making a civic look like an S15 or making an NSX look like a Ferarri F-50. Same thing.

oh, and as for what i drive, the protege is my everyday car and i have a 240sx and i'm working on swapping on an sr20det. so there ya go.

vinhisbored
09-28-2005, 09:17 PM
Okay, I'm too lazy to quote.. but here we go. TheSnail, thanks, at least I fooled you ;) . Next, nrg, why do you insist in saying that? There are always other topics which are covered which makes us a community. How will some people throw car meets if there was only 'tech'? I call you a hater, enough said. [and please, don't bring out the e-thug in you!] Alright last, Jcb890, wow. I was the one that said it was a radiator. Please open your eyes and see my sarcasm. Look closely, it's obviously an intercooler. Next, yes man, this is like making a civic look like an S15. Shall I compare? I think I will!

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a50/vinhisbored/civicEGwiths15front.jpg

and this..

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a50/vinhisbored/Picture1023.jpg

ah.. yes, I see the resemblance! :keke:

ALTRNTV
09-28-2005, 09:42 PM
Don't worry about it Vinh. WHO CARES what they think. All I know is that I like Mark's car. He did everything right, from the 5-lug conversion, widebody, Z brakes, and the rims.

Jcb890
09-29-2005, 01:05 AM
its the same CONCEPT. making a car something it is not. gay.

SilviaNinja240
09-29-2005, 04:06 AM
omg you guys, its just a car give it a rest.

somebody put in a lot of hard work doing that body conversion, even if you don't like the look of the car, you gota at least give the guy some props for his work.

TheSquidd
09-29-2005, 09:26 AM
As a matter of fact, I did have a problem with all the people that brought their friends, family, dogs, cats and everything else to that spot. They all attract way more attention from crown victorias. That's why I quit going, it became more of a hard parking event than an actual place to practice.

Plain and simple, hard parking is lame. If you don't hard park, I apoligize, I didn't see any evidence to the contrary but then again I don't have 24/7 surveilence on you so I couldn't tell. Anyway. I still like the bodywork, I appreciate more now because of the fact there's somewhat of an engine swap in there, but skylines are... eh. I would've kept the 240/180/silvia body. :jerkit:

Lock this thread it's a hater parade.

420sx
09-29-2005, 09:28 AM
park it like its hot park it like its hot :D

NismoSilvia270R
09-29-2005, 10:40 AM
id do it. either that or do an s13 roof conversion on an r32 because it looks better...IMO

ALTRNTV
09-29-2005, 01:58 PM
I appreciate more now because of the fact there's somewhat of an engine swap in there

The KA comes stock in there. :wiggle:

SilviaDriver
09-29-2005, 02:30 PM
all of this argument BS all started by a user posting up a picture of a car he said he saw on the streets, trying to say he saw a R32, but in reality it is his friend whom he sees probably every day of the damn week. saying he juss wanted to share a picture he thought is kool

wth is so damn kool about you behind ur friend and taking a picture? LAME.

seems to me this is nothing but wanting to whore pics of your friends car.

TheSquidd
09-29-2005, 03:07 PM
bwhahah god damnit im throwing idiot speak out all day today. I can't believe I just saw a turbo and thought it was SR. :keke: Today is not my day. Still, it's cool it's turbo'd. I'll refrain from saying anything else as I seem to be retarded today.

vinhisbored
09-29-2005, 05:37 PM
all of this argument BS all started by a user posting up a picture of a car he said he saw on the streets, trying to say he saw a R32, but in reality it is his friend whom he sees probably every day of the damn week. saying he juss wanted to share a picture he thought is kool

wth is so damn kool about you behind ur friend and taking a picture? LAME.

seems to me this is nothing but wanting to whore pics of your friends car.

Okay sorry sir, but before you go on, I wasn't trying to "show it off", I wanted to 'fool someone'. Okay I'm done. A mod please lock this up. Thanks for playing guys.

ThatGuy
09-29-2005, 06:58 PM
:lockd: :lockd: :lockd: :lockd: :lockd: