PDA

View Full Version : Escrow services...

AAA240SX
09-25-2005, 11:53 AM
Recently I found a buyer 4 my car in the UK. The guy was requesting to use Western Union, but I now see that WU does not offer an escrow type of service.

I was surfing on a Miata forum and they encourage the use of Escrow.com whenever making large transactions like this. Has anyone had any experience with them or any other escrow service for the matter?

Please let me know...thanks all...

lucky7
09-25-2005, 12:27 PM
Recently I found a buyer 4 my car in the UK.

that right there i throws all kinds of flags. tell him thanks for his interest and to fak off.

chlatboy
09-25-2005, 12:35 PM
that right there i throws all kinds of flags. tell him thanks for his interest and to fak off.

True, why would he want a car from the US when they are plentiful in the UK? Its a scam. Search about it.

sr240mike
09-25-2005, 01:01 PM
SCAMMMMMER!!!!!!!!! I hate those bastards. When I posted my car and wheels on craigslist I got about 20 emails from scammers all from europe. I used escrow.com before, a long time ago, when I bought a car through ebay. They can send out a person to do a vehicle inspection for more $$ which I would get done to save from having problems later. They hold onto the money until everything is good between both parties, then send you the money. Most likely the "buyer" from the UK wont agree.

TheWolf
09-25-2005, 01:24 PM
I wunt to by you car for 10k over the pruchase price. I send you cahsier check and send fruend to pick up car. You ca r is worth much munny in (insert small country). I also have just ben given 10 million by my dead aunts finance minister. If you give me your social and bank account info I will send you all of it because I'm nice guy.

rokmplutonium
09-25-2005, 02:12 PM
How about I give you a stick of gum for it? I'll even let you choose the flavor.
Its a fake money order check i bet.

AAA240SX
09-26-2005, 07:52 AM
So you all think this dude is a fluke? Its a possibility.

Now what with all the scammers in Europe anyway?
I saw a couple ads at cars.com, that resulted in this situation:
"I'm in Europe and the car is in the US" or "I moved to Europe and no longer have a use for the car/bike."

People actually fall for this stuff too I bet. Oh well, screw this guy then.

crioten
09-26-2005, 10:54 AM
Now what with all the scammers in Europe anyway?

they dont have the same laws regarding what you are trying to do...

chlatboy
09-26-2005, 12:00 PM
fukk it. Have the guy come get hte car and tell him you decided not to sell it after all and tell him to fukk off and rip the check or what not in front of him.

AAA240SX
09-26-2005, 12:56 PM
they dont have the same laws regarding what you are trying to do...

Care to expand on that?

What laws are different over there in regard to international commerce, in comparison to the US?

I'm just curious because I always get offers/see offers for vehicles in Europe.