PDA

View Full Version : Stuck on what rims to fit my cars appearence (NOT OFFSET REALTED)

codyace
09-25-2005, 04:04 AM
Hey guys...

Although I'm in Iraq, Im trying to decide upon what wheels to go with for my setup.....

My car is a black 5 speed 97 kouki SE.

I currently have a JDM Kouki Bumper, and I'm going to be getting a greddy lip for that. I plan on leaving the stock kouki sideskirts on it, and possibly adding zenki rear valance (I have a pair, but still stuck on it)

BTW: The car will be as low as I can go safely. I like that look. I also have no intentions of drifting ever, unless i'm on the track and loose it lol. This car will primarilly be my fun daily driver/street car, and will see occasional (once a month to once ever other month) track events (at Pocono per say)

Where I'm stuck, are on rims. I've got a perfect grasp on offset, and don't need opinions on that. I'm basically looking for the better of these two rims for my car's personality.

The car gets attention as it is in stock form, and thats fine, however I kinda wanna keep the half assed 'sleeper style', but have some updated looks at the same time (For example, my turbo altima has 02 spec v 17's on it...sorta sleeper, but clean at the same time)

I originally wanted Volk 57pros on my car. Either 18X9 +38 front and 18X9 +22 rear, or 9 +38 up front, and 10 +38 in the rear. I also wanted them in the SBC finnish. I know I could fit bigger rims, with more lip under there, however I don' want to pull the fenders. Rolling is fine, and camber is ok in my book. I also didn't want to large of a rim on stock aero (As i think it would look funny)

HOWEVER I've always had a soft spot for Nismo LMGT4's as well. 18x8.5+25 front, and 18x9.5+30 rear. Silver with the polished edge These rims look incredible on 350z's (in my opinion) and help the Z car attain the 'racing look' but keep the style of the rim. I can't find any decent examples of these rims on a black 240, let alone a kouki, so I'm not sure how they would look??? I like how the rears have that sunken face, and fronts hae a slight one. I do plan on spacing them out to achieve better flushness ifneeded.

Just looking for you guy's thoughts or opinions on them. I want updated styles, and I only want 5 spoke rims (although 57s are nice, i love 5 spoke). I'd love to retain the updated styling on stock aero, without going over the edge ya know???

Thanks for any thoughts guys...

codyace
09-26-2005, 02:37 AM
no thoughts?

nrg
09-26-2005, 02:55 AM
I think you're old enough to make your own choices..

KoukiMonster
09-26-2005, 03:12 AM
you write an essay on what wheels you want other people to pick for you?

those wheels won't look good with a tall sidewall. its up to you.

ranisron
09-26-2005, 07:20 AM
cody aka Ace Altima!!! hello from .net member RanIsRon.

hope all is well in Iraq... return safely! my opinion is that you can't go wrong with Nismo's! I didn't know you went to the dark side ... with the 240sx... hehe...

Johny5
09-26-2005, 08:25 AM
you should choose to suck at life, oh wait you've already made the decision.

member name : revat619

look at his car with the lmgt4's and your decisions will be all made up. only, not with those pussy offsets you chose.

OptionZero
09-26-2005, 11:06 AM
Don't get 18's with stock aero.

codyace
09-28-2005, 12:13 PM
you should choose to suck at life, oh wait you've already made the decision.

member name : revat619

look at his car with the lmgt4's and your decisions will be all made up. only, not with those pussy offsets you chose.

Thanks!!!

I hope you enjoy life as normal, as if weren't for dumb fucks like me that sign up for the Army, you'd probably be driving your parents hand me down Chevy II

BTW: Here's one from me to, you - Coutesy of the 365 Heavy Engineers: http://www.e-rak.com/cody/albums/album161/DSCN0656.sized.jpg

Just a joke, but really lighten up.

Anywho, I just am very undecided when it comes to rims. If I know I can fit 10+22 in the rear then obviously I will go that route. I chose those offsets on a margin of saftey form other setups. Maybe I'm not hardcore enough, but I live in PA, and it's a daily driver, so I don't need super stretched tires on the rims...esepcially with our roads.

I'm used to make cars go fast on stock or upgraded OEM rims. Excuse my want for engine response over flush rims :/

wootwoot
09-28-2005, 12:21 PM
get lmgt4's and then you can say they are oem Nissan or just stock

chlatboy
09-28-2005, 12:22 PM
Where I'm stuck, are on rims. I've got a perfect grasp on offset, and don't need opinions on that. I'm basically looking for the better of these two rims for my car's personality.

So why are u deciding to get 30+ offset? Most of us try to get around 8-15 offset. No coilovers or suspensions for your car?

nrg
09-28-2005, 03:03 PM
maybe the OP doesn't understand offsets??
I would get Rota P45-r wheels (Nismo LMGT4 knockoff). it's 18x9.5 +15 (i think that offset is right)

Johny5
09-28-2005, 04:27 PM
I'm used to make cars go fast on stock or upgraded OEM rims. Excuse my want for engine response over flush rims :/

i'll just forget the rest of what you typed, its pretty fucking queer anyways. there are plenty soldiers on this forum, none of them try and brag like you do, quite a bit more respectable imo.

why don't you stick with what you're used to then? stick to oem 16x6.5 crap, keep your "engine response" and act like you won't get as much response out of a set of r33's or something.