PDA

View Full Version : jet blue plane about to emergency land

nismo2491
09-21-2005, 07:03 PM
jetblue flight 292, landing gear problems, about to emer. land. live on CNN and FoxNews, good luck to all on board.

m0rex
09-21-2005, 07:11 PM
That sucks. Gonna go and watch some news...

kandyflip445
09-21-2005, 07:23 PM
Yaaaaay! They made it!

KwKouki
09-21-2005, 07:25 PM
plane is on the ground. OUT FUCKING STANDING job pilots!!!!!!!! They are heros today, no one got injured.

RJF
09-21-2005, 08:03 PM
Nice job on the landing....glad everyone is OK

Speaking of pilots, this is what we need on every flight:

http://www.barry.fireflyinternet.co.uk/fun/files/pilot.htm

BOMEX180
09-21-2005, 08:08 PM
Watched it.....glad everything went very well...

lucky7
09-21-2005, 10:27 PM
i used to work at an airport towing the planes around and fueling them and shit. that was amazing. i am in disbelief. how in the hell did the gear get turned sideways?? it doesnt seem possible unless the gearpin was in the wrong position. the planes have gear pins to allow them to retract once in the air. if you pull a plane without the gear pins in the correct spot, you can essencially collapse the nose of the plane. which is a scary thought. when towing a plane, the pin is locked in the position attatching the tow bar to the plane, allowing the gear to move side to side. it looks like they forgot to put the pin in the correct position. somebody is obviously losing their job... thats scary stuff. i always worried i was going to fuck something like that up. its a shitload of responsibility. ESPECIALLY when you have the number of passengers that those commercial jet liners have. wow. amazing. glad all is well.

haha, im a whore. just for oldtime sakes:
gulfstream 4, owned by a local billionaire. i would probably get procecuted if i told you the location and whose plane it was. good thing i neglected to show the tail #'s.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/danerm3/DSC00031.jpg

*NismoS13*
09-21-2005, 11:46 PM
I happened to catch this on television when I got home from work, I'm glad everything worked out okay.

-Adam

SochBAT
09-22-2005, 01:09 AM
They must be all up on the pilots asses with thanks.

SilviaNinja240
09-22-2005, 06:00 AM
I would buy some JetBlue planes tickets ASAP, the prices will hella drop I bet! (for a while)

nismo2491
09-22-2005, 06:13 AM
dude that pilot probably has his pick of the flight attendants more than normal last night....

oh and to the sound bite posted up of the pilot, thats fucking awesome, i would love to be on that plane. I feel sorry for the guy that tries to hijack an airplane with me on it.....

Andrew Bohan
09-22-2005, 02:01 PM
he gets the "most gangster pilot ever" award

crioten
09-22-2005, 02:09 PM
pilots are now allowed to carry firearms on the planes if they have the right permits, which arent all that hard to get :)

they also have bullet proof cockpit doors on most carriers

i feel safer allready

wootwoot
09-22-2005, 02:38 PM
^^^ having a pilot with a gun is a BAD idea. Some people train with crazy gnarly martial arts and can disarm a bitch and use their weapon against them rather easily. I just hate how in the world something terrible has to happen before everyone realises that it should have been done that way from the beginning. Sadly that pilot will probably be out of a job soon nothing Delta is cutting 9-12 thousand jobs and Jet Blue is Delta's baby. That is one of the days when you just party like the end of the world after making it through it.