PDA

View Full Version : Screw EB Games Warantee

kandyflip445
09-21-2005, 10:18 AM
So I bought a controler from EB games and the guy told me about the warantee. I bought the warantee and I asked what I needed to redeem it if I broke the controller. He told me that he just needed my name and number and it would be in the computer. I figured it was like a car parts store and gave him my information and I left.

Fast forward to yesterday. I went in to claim my warantee and I was told I need a reciept. I told the guy what I was told and he told me to come in the next day to talk to the manager and that the manager usually makes exceptions. I went in today and was told by the manager, the person that sold me the damn thing and misinformed me, that he would not cover it unless I have my reciept. I told him what he had told me before and he said that the controllers are only covered under "Accesories" and are not listed with name and number. :rl:

So now I don't have a controller and they screwed me on my warantee. I'll never buy another warantee again from them. Fuck EB Games. :fawk2:

kandyflip445
09-21-2005, 10:19 AM
IDEA!

This just came to me. I wanna see what you guys think.

I'll go in and buy another controller with a warantee and then take in the busted one tomorrow with the receipt and have 2 working controllers like I paid for.

What do you think?

aznpoopy
09-21-2005, 10:30 AM
go for it, but get someone else to buy it and return it for you.

kandyflip445
09-21-2005, 10:36 AM
Good idea! Thanks. HAHAHAHAHA.

S14DB
09-21-2005, 11:26 AM
Yeah, Those warranty's are worth the receipt paper they are printed on.

I do the buy and return sometimes when something breaks and they are still on the market. I hate POS that last over the 30 return time but fubar before the 1yr factory. Cause then the manufacture gives you the run around.

I always buy the branded controller for consoles. Everything, even the Logitech Xbox wireless have sucked compared to the Xbox S. The PS2 ones seem to loose their buttons compared to the Sony one that keeps on ticking.

kandyflip445
09-21-2005, 12:23 PM
Yeah. I ALWAYS buy the "OEM" controller. They always work better. I tried buying a Mad Catz for my PS2 and my guy on SOCOM would run around looking straight up in the air and you couldn't do anything about it.

FaLKoN240
09-21-2005, 12:33 PM
OK OK, CHECK IT OUT.

Go to Gamestop. That store is WAAAAAAAAAYYYY better in terms of returns and warrenties. Plus the people that work there are way more relaxed and they're like :gives:

But anyways, I have a PS2, and the OEM controllers were getting kinda shitty, the shoulders would stick. I figured, I'll buy one of the used ones, and they'll work better than my POSs. WRONG. The controller I bought the circle button stuck. But it worked better than the ones that I had. So I returned my broken one in that package, and kept the broken circle one.

I ended up buying a new controller (which is the best way to go IMO.) I gave the broken circle one to my friend. So basically I got a better working controller for free AND i got rid of my broken one.

Gamestop :bigok: EB games :rl:

trsilvias13
09-21-2005, 12:34 PM
u can buy another controller and return your busted ass one and dont have to pay extra for warantee, but you will still have a good controller to use.

or be nice and

buy another one with warantee, fix the busted ass one, and return one . but i would do the first option since they screw u over.

Drift101
09-21-2005, 03:08 PM
its funny cause gamestop merged with eb...... hmmm... oh well... but i do agree that Gamestop is way for relaxed... and if you buy off their website, usually no tax to CA buyers.....

S14DB
09-21-2005, 03:15 PM
Gamestop was bought by Blockbuster to take on EB.

theicecreamdan
09-21-2005, 04:04 PM
was told by the manager, the person that sold me the damn thing and misinformed me, that he would not cover it unless I have my reciept. :

The manager admitted that one of his employees misinformed you, its court time!

projekt_s13
09-22-2005, 12:17 AM
or come to Target in San Leandro, I take care of returns so i will hook you up

**EDIT** Oh i just saw that your hella far away

SochBAT
09-22-2005, 12:34 AM
Dude, Steal em from your buddy. It always works, Maverick always does it with my shit.

GIVE EM BACK!