PDA

View Full Version : why no ebay links??

$D$
09-18-2005, 11:51 PM
im selling some nice stuff on ebay, but can't tell anyone on here :down:
:wtc: why the hate for ebay??

zero.counter
09-19-2005, 12:22 AM
Effective immediately, linking to eBay auctions or profiles in not allowed. All current threads with such links will be permitted to remain, however - no new threads with such links will be allowed.
The reasoning behind this is simple - eBay makes money if you sell your item through them, and increased exposure for your auction means increased chances of sale. What it boils down to is Zilvia becoming free advertisement for eBay and its services.
I understand that nobody is likely to make a conscious decision to advertise eBay - you just want to sell your item. This doesn't make it right though.

$D$
09-20-2005, 12:46 AM
who cares if we advertise for ebay? if there was any decent auction competition i would sell there. everyone goes to look for parts there anyways. in my opinion it is rediculous that I cant link ebay sales

S14DB
09-20-2005, 01:19 AM
Cause you're not selling it on here. You're just SPAMing your ebay link.

zero.counter
09-20-2005, 01:22 AM
On the same token, anyone linking an ebay auction at all, whether for humor/special interest/etc. should have the link removed. It is a subconciously subliminal advertisement and could definitely apply under the given pretext.

mooboy
09-20-2005, 12:25 PM
I don't understand what it has to do with "being right". If I sell something on zilvia private party, regardless of an ebay link zilvia isn't getting paid. So whats the difference? If anything selling stuff through ebay is safer because there are procedures in place to deter fraud.

Andrew Bohan
09-21-2005, 04:14 AM
i didn't know about ebay before i saw someone post a link on zilvia. zilvia is the only reason i know about it. wow. probably the same for most people. we should keep ebay a secret.
shh. don't tell.

NZO
09-21-2005, 11:46 AM
Stupid. Who came up with this masterpiece of logic?

$D$
09-22-2005, 11:20 PM
no ebay links is the only problem i have with zilvia. it seems childish to not allow links from another website