PDA

View Full Version : competent smog repair shops socal?

xka24detx
09-18-2005, 09:19 PM
well i still havent gotten my smog fixed.. been running on temps from the dmv since like may... so the first shop i bring the car too was this mech who my dad said was good and a old friend i think.. he ended up being a dumbass and after changing my o2 right away blamed the maf without even checking the egr or cat, etc... so she said bring it back when i get a new maf.. so i was like okay but really not going to go back.. and he never charged me... i guess he gave up because he really didnt know what was wrong with it... he knows my dad and everything but he never bugged me about it again.. and it was like 3 months ago.. so pretty much got a free o2 sensor.. but i do remember him telling me nox dropped from 5k to about 2k after o2 change... i know i can change cat myself and already checked egr.. seems to be working.. but even if i change some parts i still wont know if im going to pass or not.. and i only have one free restest and i dont want to waste it... i tried calling up some other shops but they all seem incompetent.. they right away try changing your o2 and air filter thinking im a dumbass... and i dont want to pay for a magic smog if i can just find a decent shop to just find the problem and fix it...i got until the end of oct to get it fixed since its already the 2nd temp.. so if anybody knows any good shops please help me out.. thanks.. im in socal 91351 right next to six flags magic mountain...
(btw dont have the ka-t yet... just like using the name since its a future project of mine..)