PDA

View Full Version : Katrina didnt just kill...

95Blue240sx
09-17-2005, 11:03 AM
I got an email last night, saying that people have overlooked something. What happened to all the people in prison? There were a couple of reports of murderers roaming the streets, even in California. One women in New Orleans was saying that she had seen her brother roaming the streets. He had to serve 2 life sentences. He was convicted of seven murders. Another report of a man saying he had seen his brother out of prison. This person was charged for first degree murder, for stabbing his lawyer in the neck. These people have no ID, and if they are in CA or anywhere else, they would not be recognized.

So what happened to all the people in prison? Were they just released to run free?

I just searched google and came up with the email i recieved.

CLICK ME (http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl_escaped_prisoners_katrina.htm)

There could me some truth to that and it could just be a lie. how could someone just come back and have their convicted brother with themn??

S14DB
09-17-2005, 11:08 AM
Dude, you link to an Urban Legend site and ask if it's true?

91CRXsiR
09-17-2005, 11:23 AM
These are prolly the ppl looting, shooting and raping ppl over there, they will all get caught when this thing calms down. I would imagine that allot of inmates died if they didn't evacuate the prision in time.

HyperTek
09-17-2005, 11:39 AM
i dunno.. it could be true... the government wouldnt want to say it happened for fear other states wouldnt want to help the victims..

TheSquidd
09-17-2005, 11:39 AM
Actually I heard all the prisoners were taken out and set on the freeway and watched by armed guards... so yeah.... no. :jerkit:

TheWolf
09-17-2005, 12:54 PM
I'd hate to be on death row when the water is rising....

S14DB
09-17-2005, 01:31 PM
Quick everyone super glue their ass together so you don't get raped!

fliprayzin240sx
09-17-2005, 02:02 PM
Actually I heard all the prisoners were taken out and set on the freeway and watched by armed guards... so yeah.... no. :jerkit:

i actually saw that in the news. They had all the prisoners chillin on an on ramp on I-10. One side water, other side armed guards with shotties.

wootwoot
09-17-2005, 02:36 PM
Think its really hard to swim with your arms bound behind your back? Could still make a decent escape swimming on your back or bobbing I suppose

91CRXsiR
09-17-2005, 08:32 PM
Quick everyone super glue their ass together so you don't get raped!

i heard on the radio there is an anti-rape condom type thing that women can wear which will "destroy" anything that enters its canal.. guys could keister that if they were worried about something like that

S14DB
09-17-2005, 08:49 PM
i heard on the radio there is an anti-rape condom type thing that women can wear which will "destroy" anything that enters its canal.. guys could keister that if they were worried about something like that
:repost: there was a whole thread on that.

*NismoS13*
09-17-2005, 09:47 PM
I believe I remember seeing a picture taken from a helicopter of all the convicts grouped together on a high bridge. I'm sure they were guarded and evacuated by security buses like any other time they need to be transported. Don't quote me or anything because I obviously wasn't there, but I'd be surprised if they pretty much just let them go free. lol

-Adam

MakotoS13
09-17-2005, 11:30 PM
i think you boys are underestimating the resourcefulness of desperate men with nothing to lose.

sr240mike
09-18-2005, 12:25 AM
True that Makoto. What you saw on Tv was one local prison that had the inmates next to the water. Much earlier than that they were reporting of letting some prisoners (hopefully less dangerous offenders) free.

Edit: found this:

Baton Rouge - US officials were poised on Thursday to begin shipping nearly 1 000 prisoners out of the stricken state of Louisiana where Hurricane Katrina wrought havoc and flooded jails.

US marshals will begin transporting a first batch of 460 inmates by plane to a federal prison in the southern state of Florida later on Thursday, the department of corrections said.

Another load of 460 prisoners from state jails will make the same trip to Florida on Friday.

At least one jail in New Orleans was flooded, leaving prisoners to break out to save their lives, officials said earlier, while hundreds of others were transported to other state jails, overloading the system.