part in the film The Fast & The Furious 3. The Official casting call
will be
held: SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 18th. 11am

Downey Studio
12214 lakewood blvd.
Downey, CA 90242

BobbyBoy
09-16-2005, 12:40 AM
Damn old news now after they spammed each of my inboxes with 2-3 emails of this same exact message. Not only that I think I got this same message read word for word on my cell voice mail...

sleepy180
09-16-2005, 12:44 AM
wonder if theyll accept sleepers?
i want to be a movie star!

jdm538
09-16-2005, 01:57 AM
Damn old news now after they spammed each of my inboxes with 2-3 emails of this same exact message. Not only that I think I got this same message read word for word on my cell voice mail...

so they put the exact address, date, and time?

chlatboy
09-16-2005, 02:12 AM
I wonder if it will be raided like HIN?

jdm538
09-16-2005, 04:48 PM
wonder if theyll accept sleepers?
i want to be a movie star!

it wouldnt hurt to try..

HyperTek
09-16-2005, 04:52 PM
haha i shoot an email..
but my car wont make it down there in its condition.. besides i have work durrin that time

North240
09-16-2005, 05:29 PM
I wonder if they're going to "drift" away from the cops/competition with this one...................idiots.

Of course 98% of zilvians don't own poser show cars so sadley i doubt any of use will make it in.

RSP13-Sideways
09-16-2005, 06:43 PM
I wonder if they're going to "drift" away from the cops/competition with this one...................idiots.

Of course 98% of zilvians don't own poser show cars so sadley i doubt any of use will make it in.

BOBBYBOY WILL!

BOMEX180
09-16-2005, 06:46 PM
Craig Lieberman emailed me a few times and left me a voice message wanting to buy my car. I declined.

BOMEX180
09-16-2005, 06:49 PM
btw...i thought they're going to do it at the Hansen Dam, San Fernando Valley on the 24th??

jdm538
09-16-2005, 11:27 PM
Craig Lieberman emailed me a few times and left me a voice message wanting to buy my car. I declined.

you too? he asked my friend also.

Jcb890
09-16-2005, 11:57 PM

you must be on a different zilvia than me.

"yo son i need that. that shit is JDM tyte!!"

S14DB
09-17-2005, 12:19 AM
I know they are inteling local "drift" shops too...

Jcb890
09-17-2005, 12:25 AM
lol. this movie will be fucking ridiculous. hopefully they take the racing from 2F2F and drift around the city while jumping over bridges and all that sweet shit. can't wait.

TheSnail
09-17-2005, 12:32 AM
I would mind having my car in f&f so I could flip it to ricers on ebay. But fist I would need to make an adapter plate for a 12 speed bigrig tranny.

Edgar
09-17-2005, 01:43 AM
I saw a add on my myspace
Saw they wanted alot of "drift" cars since the movie is based on that

Jcb890
09-17-2005, 02:09 AM
oh god...

prices of 240sx's will skyrocket after its released. can't wait.

HyperTek
09-17-2005, 11:43 AM
i was thinking.. just cuz Tsuchia might be a driver in it.. doesnt mean theres gonna be tasteful cars.. Its gonna be based towards what americans want.. and sadly, majority is bling bling crome wheels and neons.

Irukandji
09-17-2005, 09:26 PM
where the hell did you hear that Tsuchiya was going to drive in it?

I hope 240's get a lot of recognition so I can sell mine for 4x of what it's worth. Hell yeah!

Irukandji
09-17-2005, 09:27 PM
rule of thumb: don't put your car in the movie unless you want a bunch of kids rolling around in cars that look EXACTLY like yours.

SimpleS14
09-17-2005, 10:25 PM
Found this from another forum.

"The Fast and the Furious 3" follows the story of Shaun Boswell, who has always been an outsider. A loner at school, his only connection to the indifferent world around him is through illegal street racing -- which has made him particularly unpopular with the local authorities. To avoid jail time, Shaun is sent out of the country to live with his uncle in the military, in a cramped apartment in a low-rent section of Tokyo. In the land that gave birth to the majority of modified racers on the road, the simple street race has been replaced by the ultimate pedal-to-the-metal, gravity-defying automotive challenge ... drift racing, a deadly combination of brutal speed on heart stopping courses of hairpin turns and switchbacks. For his first unsuccessful foray in drift racing, Shaun unknowingly takes on D.K., the "Drift King," with ties to the Yakuza, the Japanese crime machine. The only way he can pay off the debt of his loss is to venture into the deadly realm of the Tokyo underworld, where the stakes are life and death.

crazy9ceguy
09-17-2005, 10:41 PM
pwuahahahaha, thats funny

jdm538
09-17-2005, 10:51 PM
rule of thumb: don't put your car in the movie unless you want a bunch of kids rolling around in cars that look EXACTLY like yours.

after the movie there will be cars that look like yours no matter what.

BrokenHeart
09-17-2005, 11:24 PM
this is kind of a rant/whine thing so if you dont want to read you can skip this post...

I wonder day by day if the creatures of the F&F series do to unnoticed car cultures...If they feel for the people that they will cause future problems for...Whether or not they are out for fame or out to destroy. Everyday I witness the common "ricer", not knowing the early culture they try to imitate. I've been doing my gradutation project on the reactions of everyday people and the culture of non-domestic cars and have spent over 15 hours on this project and countless weeks of my own time in local shops and legal and illegal racing situations. I'm not new to this but at the same time not old to it, but I've come to realize a large population of the people in the import automotive "scene" are fucking morons and would be better off not touching cars at all. Sometimes I wonder why people would spend money on something trendy not actually caring about what they are doing...only knowing they are doing it to attract attention from tricks or jokes.

Sorry if i wasted anyones time reading this I felt it and had to get it out...
If mods feel this post is unnessary feel free to edit/delete. Thanks for anyone interesteds time

i8yourfwd
09-17-2005, 11:37 PM
sweet after the movie i'll straight trade my S13 for an M3!

OdessaS13
09-17-2005, 11:45 PM
sweet after the movie i'll straight trade my S13 for an M3!

were are you planning on doing that, i would like to straight trade my s13 for m3 too :hahano:

I hope 240's get a lot of recognition so I can sell mine for 4x of what it's worth. Hell yeah!

ohh wait thats how ill buy m3

sr240mike
09-18-2005, 12:21 AM
This guy at Night Drift a month or so ago (guy that was with Pickles in the passenger seat for those in the know) had the script for this movie with him. Anybody read it?

codyace
09-18-2005, 05:14 AM
Great....finally get the chance to purchase a kouki, do my sr swap and mod it....and then this comes out....maybe I should sell it, build my ka in my altima and just turn the boost up safely????

The onl thign that I can hope for, is that I can get back form Iraq in January/February, get all my stuff on it, and drive it around BEFORE the movie even comes out....

I can't wait for the poser comments when it does come out though

Heck the car attracts enough attention as it is, and it's bone stock!!!

http://www.e-rak.com/cody/albums/album120/P1010059.sized.jpg

Lets hope they are all KA-T's :)

lucky7
09-18-2005, 07:58 AM
ill have my RB25 in and running by then. hopefully i will be bored with it. and then yes, sell it for a rediculous amount of money, and i too will buy an M3. my goal in life is to someday own all the M cars. a collection if you will. minus the old M6 and M1. :p

someday.

SR240DET
09-18-2005, 10:22 AM
Great....finally get the chance to purchase a kouki, do my sr swap and mod it....and then this comes out....maybe I should sell it, build my ka in my altima and just turn the boost up safely????

The onl thign that I can hope for, is that I can get back form Iraq in January/February, get all my stuff on it, and drive it around BEFORE the movie even comes out....

I can't wait for the poser comments when it does come out though

Heck the car attracts enough attention as it is, and it's bone stock!!!

Lets hope they are all KA-T's :)

dont worry we already been getting poser comments years before you got your 240.... and ka-ts seem to be the new "thing" to do.... its all been covered dont worry... just enjoy your car man... and do worry about other people....

Jessi
09-18-2005, 01:52 PM
What a waste.. lol. They spammed that same message all over the MySpace groups too.

BOMEX180
09-18-2005, 01:55 PM
did this thing ever happened yesterday? I called craig and he said the official final casting call will be this coming saturday.

KOUKI_BOY
09-18-2005, 05:08 PM
so is anybody going to go out there, i would like to know? might make the trip out there just to see the cars?

BOMEX180
09-18-2005, 09:23 PM
IT got cancelled.

P_s14
09-18-2005, 09:34 PM
oh god...

prices of 240sx's will skyrocket after its released. can't wait.

:x: hahaa I've been tossing around the idea of getting a beater s13 now, then selling it for profit after the movie is released :D

kognition
09-18-2005, 11:37 PM
I don't quite know how to put this. But i will make it short. I supplied Universal with a product that i maufacture for 2F2F. It was a Honda product. I had a written sponsorship agreement with Universal. It came from Lieberman, and i really believed that it was a good promotional deal for me. My logo was to go onto the 16 cars that i installed the products onto. Ultimately, i spent 3 weeks on those cars. I did not get a single logo on a car. I was not the only company either. Now to my point....
If you guys remember the casting call held out in Santa Monica summer 02' ....
not a single car was used from that call EXCEPT RJ DeVeras S2000, and it was painted PINK.

I was there in El Segundo where west coast car construction was staged. And you know what they did? They (including Leiberman) went thru the recycler looking for used cars which were then brought in and prepped for the movie.
THEY ARE USING THE CASTING CALL TO TAKE VISUAL DESIGN CUES FROM.
Now i could be wrong this time. Different director but the same sugar daddy (Universal) paying for it.

In those days i was still wet behind the ears, and i actually believed that people would do what they say if it was on paper. Fuck no they didn't.

Craig Lieberman has zero control over your car going in. And the simple fact is
that it does not make sense to use a private car. They wipe their asses with
the money you spent on your car. Trust me. Do not fucking do it. Period.

And if you are reading this Craig, like you probably will, do everyone a favor
and just be honest. That is all i ask. I worked my fucking ass off and got jack for it, just like Veilside. Even if i had the money, i would not do product placement for this film. I have learned to go with my gut these days. And besides, the best drift movie is going to be an independant film.

Can you really expect it to be that good?

:bash:

crazy9ceguy
09-19-2005, 12:30 AM
damn u shoulda said this before, 3 hours wasted

Kyo Kusanagi
09-19-2005, 12:59 AM
I don't quite know how to put this. But i will make it short. I supplied Universal with a product that i maufacture for 2F2F. It was a Honda product. I had a written sponsorship agreement with Universal. It came from Lieberman, and i really believed that it was a good promotional deal for me. My logo was to go onto the 16 cars that i installed the products onto. Ultimately, i spent 3 weeks on those cars. I did not get a single logo on a car. I was not the only company either. Now to my point....
If you guys remember the casting call held out in Santa Monica summer 02' ....
not a single car was used from that call EXCEPT RJ DeVeras S2000, and it was painted PINK.

I was there in El Segundo where west coast car construction was staged. And you know what they did? They (including Leiberman) went thru the recycler looking for used cars which were then brought in and prepped for the movie.
THEY ARE USING THE CASTING CALL TO TAKE VISUAL DESIGN CUES FROM.
Now i could be wrong this time. Different director but the same sugar daddy (Universal) paying for it.

In those days i was still wet behind the ears, and i actually believed that people would do what they say if it was on paper. Fuck no they didn't.

Craig Lieberman has zero control over your car going in. And the simple fact is
that it does not make sense to use a private car. They wipe their asses with
the money you spent on your car. Trust me. Do not fucking do it. Period.

And if you are reading this Craig, like you probably will, do everyone a favor
and just be honest. That is all i ask. I worked my fucking ass off and got jack for it, just like Veilside. Even if i had the money, i would not do product placement for this film. I have learned to go with my gut these days. And besides, the best drift movie is going to be an independant film.

Can you really expect it to be that good?

:bash:

word....give homeboi props for speaking his mind

kognition
09-19-2005, 01:08 AM
Hey, you know i could be wrong. I want to be the last person to dash anyones hopes. But i have watched that Studio fuck over alot of good people and friendships were also destroyed in my industry over the last movie. People trying
to take credit for work where credit is not due. They know who they are.

I don't like blowing steam like this, but i allready see it coming. And the 3rd film was not actually supposed to begin until next summer but the Studio has lost hundreds of millions in revenue because reality TV has taken over primetime. That means non actors are occupying primetime TV where studio paid actors used to be. Oh yea! Theres big $hit going down in glittertown right now. And they are in emergency mode with 3F3F. Its a band aid for the studios bank account. They don't give a fuck about documenting a car culture. They ruined it.

damn u shoulda said this before, 3 hours wasted

nistech
09-19-2005, 02:40 AM
gotta stock up on 240s

janko
10-03-2005, 02:51 AM
gotta stock up on 240s

lmao, should have done that like 5 years ago. I remember when s13's were dirt ass cheap.

SW20Racer
10-03-2005, 11:10 PM
if this is supposed to happen in japan why would they be using alot of left hand drive usdm cars anyway?

kazuo
10-03-2005, 11:55 PM
if this is supposed to happen in japan why would they be using alot of left hand drive usdm cars anyway?

Because the general American public/movie fan is ignorant/stupid.

And I'm sure very little of it will actually be filmed in Japan (cost).

TougeRacing
10-03-2005, 11:57 PM

i heard they already selected a good amount of rhd cars.

undercoverdjay
10-04-2005, 06:50 PM
Time to finish my car, SR and right hand drive, sell it to some ricer kid with rich parents for 20K, buy a black on black E36 M3 and just chill like an old man and roll in style, after all I am 22, gettin up there in age....hehe

fliprayzin240sx
10-04-2005, 11:21 PM
Shiet time to stop modding my car and wait for this bitch to play. Start buying 240 shells. 2 wks after premiere, SELL MY CAR IN E-BAY FOR $20K!!! Then start pushing the shells around to new "dorifto" bandwagonning kids this move will produce, and convince them that they need a SR swap to drift. HAHAHA...> * CHA-CHING!!! * FUk the M3........M5 HERE I COME!!!

BOMEX180
10-10-2005, 09:33 PM
i heard they already selected a good amount of cars.

YUp they did *hint hint* hehe

Neejay
10-10-2005, 09:43 PM
YUp they did *hint hint* hehe
Safe to assume you were selected? lol

Jcb890
10-11-2005, 12:19 AM
Safe to assume you were selected? lol

:loco: :faint:

240SeXy!
10-11-2005, 11:36 AM
Im just glad all of my 3 240sx's were down at the moment or I would have made some nubbie mistake...

fuck that shit!

Yuri
10-11-2005, 03:04 PM
didn't pick mine..... haha. I think it was too authentic for it's own good.

shinrekka
10-11-2005, 05:21 PM
Because the general American public/movie fan is ignorant/stupid.

And I'm sure very little of it will actually be filmed in Japan (cost).

So mostly you think there gonna do the movie in chinatown and then re-record it on a mirror so it looks like everyone is driving on the opposite side of the street? That would probaly save tons of money, then they could do mountain drift scenes in the mountains some were.

I think i would only watch the movie cause i want to see what japan is like, now i have no reason to watch it at all cause people suck.

FaLKoN240
10-11-2005, 08:07 PM
So mostly you think there gonna do the movie in chinatown and then re-record it on a mirror so it looks like everyone is driving on the opposite side of the street? That would probaly save tons of money, then they could do mountain drift scenes in the mountains some were.

I think i would only watch the movie cause i want to see what japan is like, now i have no reason to watch it at all cause people suck.

Only problem with your foolish idea, is that if they filmed the whole movie in a mirror, ALL OF THE TEXT WOULD BE BACKWARDS.

Akiros
10-11-2005, 09:48 PM
Only problem with your foolish idea, is that if they filmed the whole movie in a mirror, ALL OF THE TEXT WOULD BE BACKWARDS.

or better yet, make the text japanese, OR BETTER YET, japanese speaking with english subs, make it as JDM TYTE as possible.. because everyone knows, anything japanese is cool.. and maybe every japanese sticker will rise 4x as well... lets start buying up everything JDM , and resell it as well as our 240s and forget euro cars, go buy a McLaren F1 ... gah, I should be president or something :Ownedd:

FaLKoN240
10-11-2005, 10:05 PM
or better yet, make the text japanese, OR BETTER YET, japanese speaking with english subs, make it as JDM TYTE as possible.. because everyone knows, anything japanese is cool.. and maybe every japanese sticker will rise 4x as well... lets start buying up everything JDM , and resell it as well as our 240s and forget euro cars, go buy a McLaren F1 ... gah, I should be president or something :Ownedd:

You're a friggin GENIOUS! Why aren't you my best friend yet? LOL.

Neejay
10-11-2005, 10:43 PM
:loco: :faint:
uhhh......?

sr_sil80
10-11-2005, 11:04 PM
Does anyone know where/when the next shoot will be?
I'd like to go, I can get some people's cars that I'm sure they would be more than happy to cast.
I went to the a few shoots of the first show, and got paid to chill at what was pretty much a chill car show.